Did you achieve your 2018 Golf Goals?

Stryker

#NothingFeelsLikeAMizuno
Reaction score
We are getting close to the end of the season for a lot of THPers and that got me thinking about where I stand with the goals I set for myself. We had a thread for everyone to post their goals for the year and I am wondering how everyone stands right now. What goals did you set and have you achieved them?

For me I am really close. I had several goals set for this year and have accomplished quite a few.

1) Attend a THP event. I was fortunate enough to be picked for the 2018 Morgan Cup and far exceeded my goal in that regards. It was definitely one of the best weekends of my life.

2) Improve my short game and putting. I have definitely made some strides in this area. My putting is better then I could have hoped after making a few changes and much practice. The same goes for my chipping and pitching. My bunker play was never bad but I have so much confidence that I can get out and close from bunkers I would rather be there then green side rough.

3) Score 85 or better in a single round. I managed to do this one time this year. Our course had a couple fairways out of play and was playing as a par 69 but I shot an 82 and that included a bad iron into the water on a par 3. I have not played quite as complete of a round yet but the goal was met.

4). Consistently score under 90. This one is probably the one I can not claim complete yet. I have had some inconsistencies that have prevented me from achieving this goal. My driver has been the biggest issue running hot and cold on me and is definitely my biggest focus at this point in the year. I found an issue in my transition that I am working to correct and last time out saw much better results but only time and practice will prevail.

Let’s hear from everyone else in what your goals were and have you been able to achieve them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are definitely not near the end of the golf season in Texas, but I can play along, as I have achieved my one goal for the year. My handicap was in the 17s at the beginning of the year, and went up as high as 19 during a spring slump. My goal for the year was 15. After a recent hot streak, it currently stands at 14.1. :)

I did meet my goal set in March of this year.

I was at that time a 32.0 HC and set a goal to start regular lessons and get down to 22.0 by September.

Current HC is 21.0 with a 20.8 trend.

Goal met but not shattered.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Achieved my HC goal and got down to a 5.

For the mostpart. Broke 70. Shot several rounds at or under par. Got HCP sub 4.

i don't remember what my goals were and can't find on the forum where i stated any.

i have played less golf this year than last year as work continues to devolve.

my handicap is a little higher, so i didn't get any better there.

short game still sucks no matter how much i practice.

but i have participated in an amazing thp event, made new thp friends, and fallen even more in love with this great community. so i would say overall it's been a good year!

Ill tell you in December

Yes. After spine surgery in 2016, and a subsequent year layoff from golf, I wanted to play a full season without pain in my back. Except for arthritis in my back and knees, all was OK. I still can't play 2 days in a row, but I can live with that.

Still have a lot of the year to go, but I met my goal without a doubt. Simple one, yes, but I did it... which was actually being able to play. I was finally able to get on the course after almost 18 months due to surgery, work, life, and a long list of excuses.

Goals were get an official handicap and break 80. Got my handicap and I feel like I’m so close to breaking 80. Just having trouble playing on a consistent basis. Playing about once every 2 weeks now

Depends on what goal I reference.
- score consistenly in the mid-90's: no
- groove a solid, repeatable swing: no
- have fun every round: a massive success

Break 80 - Yes, I managed a 79 in competition play and have had a couple 78's and a 75 in casual rounds

Handicap close to 10 - was heading in the right direction and down to 12, but a couple of bad rounds saw it creep back up to 13 unfortunately. The annoying thing was the day after a bad round which saw me go up by 0.1, I shot 5 under my handicap which would have got me down to 10.9 if I had done that in the competition

Even though I managed it a few times this year, I was just sad that my dad passed away before I managed it as we often talked about how close I had got

Not even close. I’m pretty sure my only golf goals for 2018 were to play more golf and have fun doing it.

Well #1 was an epic fail as I can count on one hand how many 18 hole rounds I played this summer.

And I failed at #2 as well, as evidenced by an alarming increase in incidents where I couldn’t control my anger, which honestly, scares me a little.

Yes. I did. My goal was to golf more and have fun playing golf this year. I've played the most I have in a few years and I've enjoyed nearly every single round.

Shot a PB. Handicap has dropped 4 strokes. Play more with THPers.

2018 has been awesome for Golf, with a couple of rock bottom moments haha.

I achieved mine. Goals were to pass the PAT and get into the PGA. I passed the PAT in March and got my PGA associates in July. I also wanted to be sub 5 and I’ve been sub 5 since March. Wanted a staff deal, got one in April. It’s been a good year

Sent from HTX

My goal was to golf more and have fun playing golf this year
o.png

I think I have for the most part, I just don’t remember exactly what all my goals were. I shot a -1/35 on 9 holes this year, my goal was par or better for 9 holes. I’ll have a couple more THP events under my belt also, so I will have met a bunch more THP’ers which was a goal.

All in all 2018 is gonna be a pretty successful golf season for me. Hope 2019 is just as good!

So very happily, YES.

After my back injury last year, I was resigned to just hoping to be able to play. CHECK.

Once physical health was reasonably assured, I was hoping to get back to where I was. CHECK.

Then I set a goal I'd have thought impossible during and post injury. I wanted to get my index down into the 2's. CHECK.

Actually went farther, to a low of 1.5 and although I'm now trending at 2.2, it's all good. I've been so very grateful, and humbly so, for this season.

I have achieved some of the goals.

1. golf more - in year two of getting back into golf I did golf a good amount. Weekly rounds of 9 and every other week of 18.

2. Get consistently in 80's - I had stretches where I was good but definitely still have 90's and game is very inconsistent. I am going to go to a swing coach to get something repeatable and consistent. Know of any good ones north of Boston?

Close.

I got my handicap to my target but was only able to stay there a short time, I'm not far off though.

My other goal is still to shoot par for 9 holes. Once I was 1 under through 7 and finished 1 over. Another time recently even par through 7 and finished 4 over :banghead:

Not yet. I've come within 2 strokes of it a couple (maybe a few) times, but no dice.

I believe my golf goals were to play more rounds with THP'ers and shoot a 79

Check annnnnnd Check!

Back