2019 iPhone Models

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Its that time of year when the new iPhone models come out. Here is MKBHD's video looking at the 3 from a rumor stand point.

For sure need a new iPhone. My 7 is on its last legs.

Pretty happy with my iPhone X so I may not rush in unless there is a massive spec bump. Not much they can do to improve OLED tech so screen upgrade is probably going to be minimal.

I’ve got an iPhone X already, so this is probably gonna be a release cycle that I miss. Doesn’t really sound like I’m gonna miss out on any groundbreaking though.

I’m not sure if I can handle not having the thumb print on the bottom, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I still have the 8, so might upgrade this time.

I might jump to the larger model from the X. It's the one thing I don't like much about it. But I'm going to wait and see what Pixel 3 looks like too and maybe jump back to Android.

Yeah I’m going to stick with the x. The form factor and screen are perfect and it’s still zippy. Wife is due for an upgrade tho, so we will see !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got an 8+ and will likely go to whatever replaces the X.

My guess is that middle one with the LCD screen is going to be more limited than the 8/8+ was vs. the X. Since they were basically the same phone in a different form factor, save for the screen and FaceID.

I'll probably skip out on this release myself but the wife's 7Plus has started acting up and she'll probably be upgrading.

Still on the 7+ and have had no issues but will be using this time to upgrade now.

I got a 6. I need it

Sent from HTX

I have an upgrade available and my 6S Plus is really outdated. I'll probably go with the X Plus or whatever they call the largest one.

Currently have the 7, probably replace end of year when they have some good Christmas sales going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife is due for a new phone and I'm still happy with my 7. Unless they discount the 8 she'll probably get the one closest in size to her 6s.

I wont be upgrading until they bring the fingerprint sensor back.

I'm still good with my iPhone 7, so unless there's a must-have feature, I'll stay put for now.

I haven’t watched the video yet, but since I’m still rocking the 6s+ I probably should. Other than Apple messing with my battery life, rearranging my text messages, and stopping the sending of text notifications, my phone works…ok.

My wife's 7+ started having issues, locking up, not sending Imessage, etc. so she will probably upgrade to the X.

I might jump to the larger model from the X. It's the one thing I don't like much about it. But I'm going to wait and see what Pixel 3 looks like too and maybe jump back to Android.
Yes, do it. Take the red pill and escape the Apple wonderland. :D

My wife's 7 started having issues, locking up, not sending Imessage, etc. so she will probably upgrade to the X.

Yes, do it. Take the red pill and escape the Apple wonderland. :D

I'm a long time Android guy. X is my first iphone since the 4s.

i'm having alot of issues now with my 7+ with battery life, photos not being sent, freezing apps so looking forward to seeing what's new with new releases.

Have the iPhone 8 for my wife and I, so no upgrade this time around. I am interested to see the iWatch though.

i'm having alot of issues now with my 7+ with battery life, photos not being sent, freezing apps so looking forward to seeing what's new with new releases.
I wonder if it's a 7+ specific issue or if it's Apple's way of moving the faithful into a new phone?

I still have the 8, so might upgrade this time.

I will definitely be upgrading from my 6-Plus, just not sure what it will be. I may just go with an 8-Plus as reviews I have seen show the battery life on that better than the iPhone X. I doubt that I would go with any of the three new ones, but that could change based on pricing.

I wonder if it's a 7+ specific issue or if it's Apple's way of moving the faithful into a new phone?

not sure but i'm weighing getting a new phone vs asking for a replacement battery

Back