PXG Rumored To Have Signed 5 in Top 50

I guess that goes along w/ Parsons naming all of the clubs after military weapons, but not a fan either.

I do like the teasers though.

I guess that goes along w/ Parsons naming all of the clubs after military weapons, but not a fan either.

I do like the teasers though.
More specifically, after Marine Corps Military Occupational Specialties (MOS). His irons are 0311, infantrymen, hybrids are 0317, scout-snipers, woods are 0341, mortarmen and the driver is 0811, artillery crew member.

https://www.pxg.com/about/our-club-numbering-system

Given that Bob Parsons is/was a Marine in Vietnam, I actually think it's a pretty clever homage. Also, given that Bob Parsons went from inner-city Baltimore to where he is today by way of the USMC, I think it's a rather nice one.

Last edited:
More specifically, after Marine Corps Military Occupational Specialties (MOS). His irons are 0311, infantrymen, hybrids are 0317, scout-snipers, woods are 0341, mortarmen and the driver is 0811, artillery crew member.

Given that Bob Parsons is/was a Marine in Vietnam, I actually think it's a pretty clever homage. Also, given that Bob Parsons went from inner-city Baltimore to where he is today by way of the USMC, I think it's a rather nice one.

Ah, that's what it was. Thanks for the correction.

It's funny how the perception is for different people. I think it's awesome he named his clubs after Military specific elements. I think it's silly that he's calling his players "troops"

Does #TeamPXG really not do it for him?

It's funny how the perception is for different people. I think it's awesome he named his clubs after Military specific elements. I think it's silly that he's calling his players "troops"

Does #TeamPXG really not do it for him?
I think it's a product of a different era. I don't even call my troops "troops." But, I know a lot of retired military who get stuck in the jargon and never get convinced it's not cool.

I think it's a product of a different era. I don't even call my troops "troops." But, I know a lot of retired military who get stuck in the jargon and never get convinced it's not cool.

It just makes me feel weird about it. When I think Troops I think about the incredible Servicemen who risk their lives for our freedoms, not golfers.

I see your point, but I think that's branch specific. Army and Marine seem to have a more entrenched language when referring to their people.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the marketing in any way.

Maybe its an era thing. Maybe its Parsons being awful.
I dont recall him calling his GoDaddy girls troops.

It just makes me feel weird about it. When I think Troops I think about the incredible Servicemen who risk their lives for our freedoms, not golfers.

If they make a big deal about signing Christie Kerr, it will be pretty funny. She couldnt get an endorsement and was playing Scratch with an insurance company on her bag. Not a knock on her from me, just noting that every company has passed on the chance to sign her for next to nothing.

Another one

https://www.pxg.com/about/our-club-numbering-system

I suppose I won't be playing these...I was a field wireman- USMC MOS 2512.

Maybe its an era thing. Maybe its Parsons being awful.
I dont recall him calling his GoDaddy girls troops.

If they make a big deal about signing Christie Kerr, it will be pretty funny. She couldnt get an endorsement and was playing Scratch with an insurance company on her bag. Not a knock on her from me, just noting that every company has passed on the chance to sign her for next to nothing.
Why they pass on CK?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Why they pass on CK?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hard to deal with.

Despite moving the needle as much as my neighbor does (he doesnt play golf), if she was good to deal with, she would have a deal in place.

Hard to deal with.

Despite moving the needle as much as my neighbor does (he doesnt play golf), if she was good to deal with, she would have a deal in place.

I didn't know she was hard to deal with, but I was going to say that she doesn't move the needle like a lot of other women golfers right now. Sadly, despite her talent a lot of less talented women get a lot more coverage than she does for other various reasons. Maybe PXG can help her turn it around.

Ill be interested to see how everyone performs with these club I have never heard one bad word about them from anyone who has hit them.

PXG Rumored To Have Signed 5 in Top 50

Maybe I'm too much of a traditionalist....but if someone jumps I'd be surprised. My personal view is the clubs are hideous to look at. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And another

Is that Ian?

Looks like Gerina Pillar

I think the girl standing next to Recari is Alison Lee.

PXG-Players-Lineup_zpspt4wynei.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

James Hahn. He's a pretty cool character. I don't buy products based on who plays what, but must say, that's a pretty cool team.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back