Cobra King For A Month - THPers Get Royal Treatment - February

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A few months ago, THP gave a preview that King For A Month was coming and throughout that thread added some information kind of explaining what it was and what is going to be happening. Today we are proud to give out the rest of the details and kick off this awesome program with signups.

crown-open-gift-box-d-render-isolated-white-background-32540597.jpg

What Is King For A Month
Each month a lucky THPer will be declared the King and as with most royals, be showered with gifts. Each month will be different and the program will run almost every month in 2016. Think of it like one of those subscription boxes you read about, except a million times more awesome and the subscription price is zero dollars. You might get new clubs one month, or apparel or accessories, or a combination of all of it. You will not know what is coming, but when it comes it will be filled with 100% awesome. Your job will be to review what you receive on THP either in the appropriate review thread or by starting a new one on each product. The choice is yours.

How To Get Involved
Getting to be a part of this special program will be by sign up each month in the respective threads. Your 2016 Albatross Club membership is your key to unlock this and many other programs on THP. If you are not a member, and want information on how to join and help support the Humane Society shelters and animals in need, click here.

Signing Up
Each month the lucky winner will be randomly chosen from those that signup. Remember that if you are lucky enough to get to experience this, you will be tasked with reviewing what you receive on THP.

Signing up this month is as easy as answering this simple question.

What makes you fit to be King?

That will add one entry into the "hopper" for being drawn. You can gain a second entry in the hopper by Tweeting (sending out on Twitter) why you think you should be king and you must include @THPGolf @CobraGolf #THPKingForAMonth and a link to this thread

Its that easy! Signups will remain open until the PGA Show begins and then live from the PGA Show floor, THP and Cobra will announce the February King For A Month!

721045b0fbf332f8c23c093de14d313f.jpg

This is great! Thanks to Cobra for putting this on.

What makes me fit to me King?
- I like to think I am the ruler of my golf game even when my swing thinks otherwise. Would love to review some great equipment!

Awesome!!

I am fit to be King because you can be damn sure I'll play with whatever gear I'm sent even if it's freezing cold outside - see my round on New Year's Day as proof!!

Thanks to THP and Cobra for a really cool program here.

Why should I be King?

Cause I used a Cobra golf club to make a hole in one at the 2014 Morgan Cup. I mean...seriously....what can really top that?

:banana:

I am fit to be the king because while my game may not be the best, my passion for the game is unparalleled. But I am also humbled to appreciate just being out on the course.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Awesome stuff here! My kingdom is frozen over with more than a foot of snow. No way I could properly review anything right now.

Following along will be awesome though! Can't wait to see who gets picked and follow the progression of #ChangeTheGame

What makes me fit to be King?
I love shiny things, I love innovative ideas, I love to share my thoughts.
Being king means sharing your views to your people!
I want to let the readership on THP know what the new Cobra gear brings from my games perspective.

I look forward to the opportunity!

This is awesome!

What makes me fit to be king? Well, my heritage is English so royalty seems natural. And my birthday is in February, so being king for the month my birthday falls in only makes sense!

What makes me fit to be King? I love reviewing gear, and I'll actually be able to play in February!

Thanks for this opportunity CobraGolf!

And the +1:

This sounds like so much fun, and it'll be fun to follow along all year long.

What makes me fit to be King?

Easy question, my beard.
BeY6bZ5IEAAnC85.jpg

Here is my shot at what makes me fit to be king. Well as most people I'm just your average mid to high handicapper who has struggled with consistency since I took golf back up in college about 6 years ago. I recently through gifts and some saving as a medical student ( which is no easy feat along with finding time to play regularly) was able to get my clubs fitted and buy some used items that fit me better. Through this and consistent practice and playing more rounds ( there are a lot of cheap places to golf here) my game has improved quickly and the game keeps becoming more and more enjoyable. I realize that after the next 5 years or so I will be able to buy pretty much whatever I want equipment wise but until that time I am set with my current setup. Since joining this forum I have a new appreciation for the community surrounding the game and am proud to me a part of it. So in essence what makes me fit to be king is that I am your average guy on a budget playing for the enjoyment of the game and to be part of this community.

Awesome stuff here! My kingdom is frozen over with more than a foot of snow. No way I could properly review anything right now.

Following along will be awesome though! Can't wait to see who gets picked and follow the progression of #ChangeTheGame

What if the stuff to review was all winter items?
Ya never know what shows up.

Why should I be King?

I've been incredibly impressed with Cobra ever since the LIITA event this spring. TO in particular made a huge impact on me as far as supporting their brand. I haven't been able to replace all of my clubs with Cobra stuff (yet) but this deal would definitely get me going in the right direction! I would love to be decked out in Cobra gear and offer my thoughts to THP on how awesome that gear is!

Thanks Cobra and THP!

Awesome contest!

what makes me 'fit to be a king'?
Welp....this may qualify as the 'pansy post of the thread', but I'm writing this as I sit next to my wife, fresh from repair of her rotator cuff. This King will be spending the next 3 months away from work, serving my Queen, as she recovers and gets the snap back in her curveball.

So.....after a few months of caring for her (and my 4 little girls), I'll be ready to swing the clubs in whatever swag the good folks at Cobra wanna throw my way

What if the stuff to review was all winter items?
Ya never know what shows up.
Like winter boots, winter jacket and a shovel?

Thank you to THP and Cobra Golf for this cool contest!

I am fit to be King because I already wear the garments fit for Royalty by Puma and The scepter with which I rule my Kingdom is the Powerful Bio Cell Driver!

im fit to be king because i love trying new stuff and provide feedback thats helpful. and when the king speaks, people listen!

great idea for 2016!

What makes me fit to be a king?

It's in the genes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Awesome!

I'm fit to be the king as my relentless passion and practice routines helped me shave 11 strokes off my handicap last year and I'm looking to do the same this year.

This may be the coolest non event thread contest we have had on THP. Very excited to see who will be crowned the first king!!

Official Entry

Why am I fit to the King. Well it's realy quite simple. The name Fredrick has belong to many kings in history. A new king in 2016 is needed with the name Fredrick. But more important than my first name is my last. KONG the biggest king of them all KING KONG!!

So on two fronts it has been preordained that Fredrick King Kong should be King. :beauty:

I'm fit to be King because I'd love to review some Cobra/Puma gear, and I'd take the job seriously to make sure other THPers got as much info as possible.

Awesome! Thanks THP and Cobra for the opportunity.

What's the one crucial ingredient for a great king? Leadership! I am fit to be The Cobra King for a month this year because of my years of leadership.
Also, a king must be wise, kind, assertive, courageous and skilled in battle (aka skilled on the course)...which I believe I possess all these traits!
And last but not least, a king must also love to showered with gifts...which I definitely enjoy this aspect, and my birthday is coming up on February 8th! #PerfectFit

Last edited:
Official entry:

I would be a benevolent king and there is no better kind. I'll make sure all of my awesome Cobra goodies will get their 15 minutes and make the the talk of the town for the month.

Plus this King would certainly be the Favorite.

What makes me fit to be King? Well for starters, my mom says I am very handsome. I wear clothes well and like to look good. I feel like the Puma logo would look royally amazing on me. Also, I like to swing really hard because it tests the limits of a golf club's forgiveness, I miss enough times to know I need some help. I have access to a very good launch monitor so I can get the very best and thorough information for the first few months of 2016. I will have those real numbers so everybody can be confident that my royal decrees will be founded in fact and objective data and not merely hearsay.

Back