Justin Rose - World #1

22 wins, 9 on the PGA and 11 on the Euro tour..
A major.
An Olympic gold.
2nd at two other majors and a 3rd at the other.

It's not mind boggling, but he's also not a flash in the pan like so many.

Consistency pays off. Not a flashy player and IMO somewhat of a sleeper if one isn't paying attention. That's a HOF career right there.

Really awesome to see him get there. I remember in an interview he was saying about how it was a long-term goal of his.

Happy for Rose. Plays our local tournament and his golf swing is smooth.

PS I love his tweet about it, and I mentioned it in the BMW thread yesterday, his post round interview talking about it was pretty cool. Talking about how it was a boyhood dream and that he turned pro when he was 18 and it took him 20 years to accomplish this. I thought it was really good stuff.

PS I love his tweet about it, and I mentioned it in the BMW thread yesterday, his post round interview talking about it was pretty cool. Talking about how it was a boyhood dream and that he turned pro when he was 18 and it took him 20 years to accomplish this. I thought it was really good stuff.

Posting the picture of him pointing to his Dad in heaven from the 2013 US Open hit me right in the feels.

Posting the picture of him pointing to his Dad in heaven from the 2013 US Open hit me right in the feels.

SERIOUSLY. Hit me hard yesterday when I saw/read it.

You can't get there without deserving it, I suppose, but it does seem to lack the excitement without a recent win. I suppose its good that the OWGR places a premium on consistency. Sometimes the tortoise really does win the race!

He earned every bit of it. And relatively late in his career at that, against some of the strongest fields ever. I remember when he and Tiger were the two biggest new players back in '97. I'll bet it feels pretty damn good to earn #1 lurking around age 40. I glad for him, he has always been a great player and ambassador for golf.

When was his last win?

It's a bit odd see a player move to #1 with no recent wins.

Not trying to down play how well he has played at all.

I kind of feel the same. In an era with tons of great players there really isn't a dominant one. It's kind of a revolving door week to week thing. Maybe that's what golf is anymore, but it'd be nice to see someone take over the game again.

Rose is as deserving as anyone but I've got to say I'm a little underwhelmed at anyone in that #1 spot lately.

He's so boring. I guess since I grew up with Tiger at no.1 it meant that to me, no.1 meant a dominator. Rose feels like a great player who is consistent but I'd never turn the TV on for him. He just chuggs along.

Boring no.1 for sure.

I remember watching this amateur Justin Rose holing out his 3rd shot on 18 the last day of the British Open many years ago. Good on Justin to realize a life long dream to be #1.

And like that DJ is back at #1. That was short lived.

And like that DJ is back at #1. That was short lived.

I was wondering if DJ finishing ahead of Rose at the TC would vault him back up to the top. Apparently so.

And i read if there was not a minimum divisor used for the OWGR then Tiger would be #1

And i read if there was not a minimum divisor used for the OWGR then Tiger would be #1

Sounds right. It's only a matter of time until that divisor is immaterial and he's #1 again anyway.

EDIT: just confirmed. With 22 events played he'd come out to 10.58 if there were no minimum divisor. DJ is at 10.29 so, he would be #1.

I hereby predict he'll be #1 in the world by the end of the Tour Championship next season. Barring injury, this seems very reasonable since he'll be gaining point for every event he plays next year and only losing a few points here an there (substantial points in his better finishes, but he had many, many lackluster performances that he'll get a boost from next year's points on).

Talking to a Taylormade guy at the course today he said that Rose was heading to Honma equipment.

No idea how credible that is obviously. Anyone else heard anything?

Talking to a Taylormade guy at the course today he said that Rose was heading to Honma equipment.

His deal ends this year so totally possible. He has a good relationship with King I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve seen this rumor elsewhere. Makes total sense with the guys they have on staff to not spend money on him kinda like Sergio. Hopefully he has better success in his first year after the switch

And back to No1 again with his playoff win in Turkey.

Can’t wait to see him in Honma clubs

They should get together on a beach somewhere and snap a pic of themselves lounging and enjoying cool beverages, with a caption about how it was a hard fought battle, but Koepka regained the #1 spot.

Back