Justin Rose - World #1

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Wow, continued great play finally puts him up there.

What do you think?

I'm glad to see him on top. Have always been a fan of him and his game.

He’s always been solid, classy, and determined. Happy for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see him get there. Consistency pays off

When was his last win?

It's a bit odd see a player move to #1 with no recent wins.

Not trying to down play how well he has played at all.

Justin Rose - World #1

When was his last win?

He has 2 wins on the PGA Tour this year. I think the last on this tour was Ft Worth. He also had a crazy good run at end of 2017.

When was his last win?

Last win: Fort Worth Invitational (aka Colonial) in May. Since that tournament, here are his finishes: T6, T10 (US Open), T2 (Open Championship), T19 (PGA), 2nd (last week), 2nd (this week). You made me look all of that up.

Big fan of Rose, and great to see him so emotional about it, you can tell that it was one of his big goals. I always look at his swing and want for mine to be like that (even though it's not even close).

Might be a misleading stat since Brooks didn't play all four majors but Justin Rose had the lowest total under par this year I believe.

Good for him

Feels like Luke Donald being number 1. Just consistent and nothing great.

He has 2 wins on the PGA Tour this year. I think the last on this tour was Ft Worth. He also had a crazy good run at end of 2017.
Which was back in May it looks like.

Definitely not disputing he has played great golf over the last couple years, it just feels a little odd crowning a new #1 without a win in the immediate past.

Last win: Fort Worth Invitational (aka Colonial) in May. Since that tournament, here are his finishes: T6, T10 (US Open), T2 (Open Championship), T19 (PGA), 2nd (last week), 2nd (this week). You made me look all of that up.

Big fan of Rose, and great to see him so emotional about it, you can tell that it was one of his big goals. I always look at his swing and want for mine to be like that (even though it's not even close).

Watching him today, I just kept thinking how beautiful his swing is.

Definitely not disputing he has played great golf over the last couple years, it just feels a little odd crowning a new #1 without a win in the immediate past.

I get it. Crazier to think that Finau could win the FedEx Cup next week without winning and zero wins all year.

Both systems need some updating.

I get it. Crazier to think that Finau could win the FedEx Cup next week without winning and zero wins all year.

Both systems need some updating.
That would just be insanity... And kinda awesome.

He has never given up, and always had the goal of what he wanted.

It is odd, but from the looks of those top 3, I don't think it's crazy to think the #1 is gonna change a few times in the near future.

I like Rose. Seems like a good guy, has a beautiful swing, and has made himself into a really good putter this year. Think he needs another major to add to his resume. Surprised he only has 1.

I love this. Love watching him play

I was glad to see him get to #1.

Classiest of all the Euros - happy for #TeamRose

Feels like Luke Donald being number 1. Just consistent and nothing great.

22 wins, 9 on the PGA and 11 on the Euro tour..
A major.
An Olympic gold.
2nd at two other majors and a 3rd at the other.

It's not mind boggling, but he's also not a flash in the pan like so many.

Glad to see him reach his goal but I don’t think he will be there for long

Justin Rose - World #1

Hell yea ! He probably won’t stay there for long given the other 2 or 3 guys right by him, but man he has played some consistent golf the last few years. One of the best ball strikers on tour and I love watching him play. Kind of a bummer not getting to #1 by way of the win today, but it always seems like he’s fighting for top 3 every week.

Really enjoy watching him play and it'll be fun to see how long he hangs on to the top spot!

Back