Contest: Final Spot - The 2018 Grandaddy - The All Expenses Paid Trip of a Lifetime

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2018 edition is coming and we have a captain and assistant captain along with 10 members for the team, but we need a full team of 12 THPers. This is the final contest for Team THP!

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included

Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway
Meet R&D
Play Golf against the Zoo Crew (Callaway Marketing team)
Play at one of the finest courses you will ever step foot on
And so much more its ridiculous

The Contest
The Final Spot. Earlier this year we shot a video with DNevs and Jeff Neubarth from the Zoo Crew talking about Callaway Live and as you can see, it did not go as planned (funny as heck). The Final Spot will be decided based on that video.

Qualifying
You must be a 2018 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
Watch the short video above and listen to the back and forth. It creates a sense of what it's like on that bus ride to Palm Springs or hanging with the Zoo Crew. The laughter, the sarcasm and the fun. Then explain in your own words (100 or less please), why you think the final spot should go to you.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open through the end of this week.

Final shot! Let’s goooooooo

This is it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Contest: Final Spot - The 2018 Grandaddy - The All Expenses Paid Trip of a Lifetime

Last chance everyone, make them great!!

@rogt, @PhillyV, @BlueHen2006, @ArmyGolf, @Phil75070, @mpeterson, @dacatalyst41, @shanewu, @ttucliffhanger, @KEV, @boder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
And FWIW that video is hysterical.

Come on THPers! Let's see them entries!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I like fun, over the years golf has become an escape for me from my every day life, job, etc. And above all else, I want to have fun on the golf course at all times. Callaway and the Zoo Crew live that every day and I know I would be able to jump right in and create a fun, welcoming, inviting and engaging experience for all of my THP teammates there and for the THP forum to follow along with. From ECPC to Callaway HQ to hotel to bus to course and beyond!

I was MADE for this role! My 1st language is sarcasm and random funny movie quotes, english is a close second. Mental ping-pong with those 2, Harry and team would be an absolute blast! Why use 100 words, when 3 will do? I. want. in!

Thanks THP and Callaway

Here we go!!!!!!

All I can picture now is Harry going "Yo....D......Nevvvvs!" from one of their Callaway Talks video!

Haha, I love that video! This is a great contest to end with considering that kind of banter is going to be happening the whole trip.

I already know there are going to be some fantastic entries and can't wait to read them all. Good luck everyone!

What a chance of a lifetime!!!!!!
Entry:

I was a Marine so I can banter with the best of them. I am down with the #100Birdies10KLaughs. It is about fun, the experience and the camaraderie with your teammates and the zoo crew. I will be a good teammate for everyone already chosen, and I want to be in to be on the best THP team assembled. :call-me:

Obviously Dnevs and Neubarth like fun, which is awesome, how else can you have an event like the mother effing Grandaddy without fun?

I like fun, I fully believe golf should be fun and I can give as good as I get, and end it all with a laugh and a handshake. 10k laughs is a very attainable goal and one I think I can help reach. I mean I’m a lefty, lefty’s are always easy targets.

So I say to Darth Finley and the rest of the zoo crew: “Bring it on!!”

OMG that was hilarious. I am dying over here! I cant wait for a week of that back and forth! My kind of style!

Honestly I'm not the best at bantering because I am a little quieter than most but I can throw some zingers. I love the atmosphere and camaraderie that happens on trips like these. It reminds me of road trips with my baseball team. In me you'd be getting a fun and supportive team member who is laser focused when it is time to make a shot to bury the Zoo Crew.

I want this final spot because tequila4kapp’s #100Birdies10kLaughs is exactly how I feel about golf.
Sure, there are some great golf moments on the course, but the laughs outweigh those moments and they are something you’ll always remember.
I’m someone who enjoys a little banter (looking at you Finley), a little sarcasm and just having fun while playing golf! The sport we LOVE!
I’ve had some amazing moments from a previous event with other THPers that I will cherish for a lifetime and I'd love to have that opportunity again with Team THP and the Zoo Crew at the GRANDADDY!

Neubarth is busting stones all day but both are having a great time with it. That's how it's done! I believe I would be a great final spot pick as I can bring loads of laughter with my quick wit and sense of humor. IMO, banter like this is good for the soul. I believe that my addition to the squad will help take us to the promise land against the Zoo Crew. Let's kill it out there, build lasting friendships, and have a great time while we're at it!

Thanks for the opportunity!

Last edited:
Watching that video, I don't understand how Jeff Neubarth won 3 Emmys. How is that even possible?

I only watched the whole video because it was required.

I've seen Finley and Velardo in action at the Callaway Hype and the first is vastly overrated and the next needs a shot tracer.

The Zoo Crew had their way last year but repeating a Grandaddy win against a THP team eager for revenge?

Not happening.

A THP team that's also sporting an Assistant Captain this year to help plan this fun?

No frigging way.

Love to be picked!

I learned two things from that video, DNevs needs to work on his mic game and Neubarth is about as sarcastic as they come haha.

Entry:

You don’t get a nickname like BuckNasty without having the personality to go with it. With the final Grandaddy spot I would round out team THP quite nicely with my overzealous personality and a penchant for a good party with good laughs. Those long bus rides would give me the opportunity to throw barbs with the likes of Harry/Neubarth/Finley, and also give @KEV and me a chance to add more recruits to the Rebel army. If you’re the type that needs a visualization, the below pic gives a good idea of what I’d bring to the Grandaddy table.

accdfd2eb14588a82434ab0c7f8a3b20.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I would love to be a part of the GD and possibly contribute to some of the good hearted ribbing that I believe cultivates the best and closest relationships. Whether friends or in business I think this type of environment breeds a spirited competitiveness necessary to create a great brand, phenomenal products, and hilarious content such as this. THP has been good to me so far this year, so this would give me an opportunity to give back. :devil:

Thanks THP and Callaway for the oppurtunity.

man I miss Neubarth haha that guy is freaking awesome

I believe in friendships that span miles.
I believe in respect and teamwork and engagement.
I believe in making the Granddaddy as incredible for Callaway as it is for us.
I believe in pilgrimages to the desert to discover the Hideaway and the Nest and unleash the true potential of my game.
I believe in not taking myself too seriously.
I believe in AJ's mom's meatballs.
I believe that if i was matched up against Finley, I could make blueberry lemonade shoot out of his nose.
I believe in Team THP and I'm ready to board the SS Granddaddy.

I remember watching that and thinking if they're willing to give each other crap like that it must be even more over the top at the Grandaddy.

My entry:

I learned last year at my first event that you've won already if you are there so enjoy every second. I have three brothers so I can sling and absorb insults with the best of them. The more harsh the trash talk the closer the bonds you create, right? I'm the joker of my family and feel I can help achieve the #10k laughs. As a teammate I will put the team above myself and focus on reminding us to focus on creating memories that will last a lifetime and leave behind the nervousness of competition. I'm all in!!

Last edited:
The last spot should be mine.....is there any doubt??? Callaway makes it clear they are very driven to succeed and be #1 at their jobs while having a great time with the folks they work with. This is my style all the way. I want to win as much as the next person but not at the expense of having fun!!! Fun teammates make golf the best game that exists. I can harass and take harassment with the best of them. Grew up with five big brothers so I really didn't have a choice!!

I used to think golfing while drinking alcohol was the only way to have fun playing. In 2018 this changed when I realized the key to enjoying the game was to walk the course and not take it all too serious. Playing with people you have comfortable humor with is a great way to relieve the stress and take it back to what it should be, a game. If you aren't trying to make the best out of the situation with humor, in my opinion, you are doing it all wrong.

Back