Moved By the Moment

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, so just firing it off here. A bit dusty in my office as I sit here and plan for my trip to the THP Event. I grew up around many special needs and emotionally challenged young men and women. My mother was a school teacher for this segment and it will always hold a special place in my heart. On this day especially, hearing that song, sung by this tremendous young man.

Dang, did a great job too.

That's a great video, thank you for sharing.

Very moving. Thanks JB!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

god its dusty in here!!

BTW: Cubs matched his GoFundMe Donation amount.

• Admin
That is awesome!!!

Amazing!! I loved it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beyond outstanding! Thanks for posting.

Saw it on the news this morning, what a great young man. I know he is on cloud nine. Somebody must be cutting up an onion. Thank god for people like your mom that love and help those in need.

That’s Outstanding!!! What a great moment to watch.

Wow, that's so cool. It's a little dusty in here today isn't it?

Wow, just wow; that was impressive!

Awesome. Thanks for posting, JB!

Absolutely awesome!

Phenomenal! Love it!

Thank you for posting and it was very special. Downs kids, deaf and mute and other developmental challenged kids are so special and can teach us so much if we just take the time to engage them. As a single mother and nurse, my mom needed some help with me and my brother during the summers when we were kids. There was this "Day Camp" that she enrolled us in. It was a school bus ride out into the country every morning where there were arts/crafts, horse back riding, and all kinds of other things to keep kids busy. The owner of the camp had a downs daughter and would take any and all challenged kids. There were "regular" kids throughout the camp also and we all just interacted and took care of each other.

After a week or so, the owner of the camp hands me an envelope as I was getting on the bus to go home. As I later learned, she had sent a note home to my mom asking if she would be interested in allowing us (me and my brother)to help out with the kids in exchnge for free camp fees. Mom told us that the camp wanted to hire us because we were so good with the kids. We just treated them like we were raised to treat people. Anyway, she told us all of this many years later and we both agree that we are better people for the experience and both have a very soft spot for those of us that are different.

Thanks for posting JB and thanks mom for showing us what is important even though we didn't know you were.

JM

Back