Poll: Do you have a USGA Handicap?

Poll: Do you have a USGA Handicap?

• Yes

Votes: 104 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes. I have used the GHIN system for the last few years.

I have GHIN with the SCGA through my local club. Last year, I switched to US handicap. The stat tracking was nice, but its just easier to have through my local club. I have it for tournaments and progress tracking.

Yes, I've always maintained one, but I'm on the fence this year with some of the USGA changes. I probably will renew, but the one THP event I've been in so far (KC '15) didn't use our handicaps. Do they typically use them? I plan to try to get in other events.

I have never had a handicap. I hope to play even more this season and would like to set a handicap.

Similar to others here, my course membership includes a GHIN handicap.

Never had an official one until last year, I really liked having one so I'm going to continue to have one.

Yes I do. I've had a USGA handicap for 3 years now.

I do not, but I will.
#SandbaggingWill BecomeTougher

I don't have an official one, never had the need for one at all. I have the formula for it and keep it on my own just so I know, but it is far from official.

Yes, I signed up with U.S. Handicap through THP. Though with the new rule "Harvey"** and I will be playing lots of rounds together.

** For the younger crowd "Google James Stewart and Harvey" to get the reference

I don't, but I play in leagues two nights a week during most of the summer. I'm on thegrint.com but we don't have an official local club (yet).

Mine is through the NCGA but it expired a on the new year, will reup when I get around to it. We need one for the local tourneys and I like the ease of tracking my progress. Started 2015 at 27 brought it down to 19 which was good enough for most improved in my men's club.

I have maintained one almost every year minus a couple when I wasn't playing much. I plan to keep one

I used to but not anymore. I dont see the value since I don't play in tourneys. Some coworkers play in casual tournaments and they all sign up as 12's even though they're closer to a 6. All BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought on a deal through US Handicap for 4 years and I have 3 years left.

I do. It comes with the dues for the league I play in.

Yep. Had one for as long as I can remember.

As it is part of my annual golf services fee at the club, I have a GHIN account. But depending on how much I plan on following the new USGA guidelines about attestation, it may be useless.

As a member of the FSGA I had to purchase a USGA handicap that I keep up to date.

Yes, mine is established through my club. As others have said, not sure how many rounds will qualify as most of my rounds will be played alone after retirement.

Yep I do, started keeping an official one when I joined THP.

I have had one for the past two years, but I don't think I am going to renew it this year. I think the USGA is being ridiculous with their solo round exclusion, and my only means of objection is not participating in their program. I don't need to have an official handicap anymore.

Nope. I track all my scores so my estimated handicap is probably pretty close but I don't have an official USGA handicap. I have never played in any sort of event that would require one. I only track it to get an idea of where my game is.

I will be getting one this year, it will be the first time I have accurately tracked my handicap.

Back