THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

I'll just get all my crappy swings out now before June. I wanted to put myself in cement shoes and jump in the East River today.

Be sure to say hello to me as you drop on down. It's tuff down here though, as the visibility is only about 4 or 5 inches it gets lonely. Although I probably have a whole lot more company than I think :) and I'm not certain but I think I may have seen Jimmy Hoffa floating on by a couple times. His cement shoes must have let loose.

Just thought I'd give True Temper a little love. Went to Golfsmith today to try some irons. Will be going for an iron fitting in the coming weeks and wanted to try some of the different irons currently on the market. I hit the Callaway Apex CF16's with the True Temper XP 95 shafts (stiff flex) and absolutely loved the combination. Felt really smooth and really liked the weight and how they felt in my hands. The XP 95 is a great feeling shaft that gave me a nice trajectory without ballooning. I was right in the 30 yard peak height with the Apex 7 iron/True Temper XP 95 combo. Spin numbers and distance were all very good as well. When I go for my actual fitting I'll make sure the XP 95's get some swings before making any decisions.

Just thought I'd give True Temper a little love. Went to Golfsmith today to try some irons. Will be going for an iron fitting in the coming weeks and wanted to try some of the different irons currently on the market. I hit the Callaway Apex CF16's with the True Temper XP 95 shafts (stiff flex) and absolutely loved the combination. Felt really smooth and really liked the weight and how they felt in my hands. The XP 95 is a great feeling shaft that gave me a nice trajectory without ballooning. I was right in the 30 yard peak height with the Apex 7 iron/True Temper XP 95 combo. Spin numbers and distance were all very good as well. When I go for my actual fitting I'll make sure the XP 95's get some swings before making any decisions.

Nice. I love the XP 95's in my CF16's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got outside on Sunday for my first outdoor range session and 9 holes of the year.
5f3590bed7d7231996af3c0fa67bc6b8.jpg

Felt so nice to be outside and take a divot! Also it's really nice being back to a position that you can trust your swing and not over think everything. 9 holes went really well. 2 bogeys a birdie and 6 pars for 1 over 37! Weather is looking promising for more range time tomorrow! This event has me motivated like crazy.

Now you're bringing decision making into all of this. Anyone up for a round this weekend? Saturday looks decent. Maybe not Shattuck since I have to be back in time for the SU game (I need to have some NY allegiance this time of year, sorry guys).

Sounds like a guy who is pulling for Team NY/NJ to me.

Sounds like a guy who is pulling for Team NY/NJ to me.

Give it a week, and NY/NJ will be just as dead to me as it was before the tournament started. Well, NJ is still currently dead to me.

Give it a week, and NY/NJ will be just as dead to me as it was before the tournament started. Well, NJ is still currently dead to me.
I don't believe you.

I see you pulling a DJ and bouncing. Nobody likes to collect a 2nd place handshake.

Team NE will just be collecting trophies and HOF tags at the ceremony

What's with this stupid snow for next week?? Had to get out today and practice. Thankfully this weekend is my daughters last competition before she heads to Ohio for nationals, so I'll finally be able to get back out on the course for some rounds again.

Six4three5 and I hit the range yesterday....with our eye on June 25th, it was my first outdoor practice session of the year, but the ball better than I thought I would. Bad part is weather has turned bad again in Western New York for the next 7 days.
047e64b9d0d6f6fd86c497e078dda780.jpg

d87aa254f203c9ff438312be39ea2f17.jpg

We've got garbage weather coming in too. Want to get out again today but it's real real windy here - might just hit the range to work on a thing or two.

We've got garbage weather coming in too. Want to get out again today but it's real real windy here - might just hit the range to work on a thing or two.

If you are experiencing wind like I have down here in Medfield then you are better of finding a storm shelter. I think I just saw a cow fly by my second story office window.

If you are experiencing wind like I have down here in Medfield then you are better of finding a storm shelter. I think I just saw a cow fly by my second story office window.
If it was moving left to right it was my tee shot.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jimmy wearing sweatpants?

Practice in the bad weather, will make your game strong like bull.

Jimmy wearing sweatpants?

Practice in the bad weather, will make your game strong like bull.
Haha after work and just heading to the driving range I'd rather be Comfy!! As far as the range session went it SUCKED. I was quick and handsy with everything. Kinda hard to get into grind mode when I won't be playing outside again for at least 2 weeks if not more. Back to the simulator it is.

Haha after work and just heading to the driving range I'd rather be Comfy!! As far as the range session went it SUCKED. I was quick and handsy with everything. Kinda hard to get into grind mode when I won't be playing outside again for at least 2 weeks if not more. Back to the simulator it is.

Yikes, is our weather going south for that long?

Yikes, is our weather going south for that long?
Long range forecast shows that. Even after the 3 to 5 inches predicted for Monday it goes to mid 40s and rain for like 6 days straight the last time I checked. Oh well. Not going to stop me from working hard to bring my best for NE!

Long range forecast shows that. Even after the 3 to 5 inches predicted for Monday it goes to mid 40s and rain for like 6 days straight the last time I checked. Oh well. Not going to stop me from working hard to bring my best for NE!

Well that's no good. I see the Paddock Dome or Plumb Creek in the near future.

The wind is just nasty out there. Hit the range in Seekonk on my way back from RI and I actually lost my balance a few times with the wind gusts. Just nasty.

The wind is just nasty out there. Hit the range in Seekonk on my way back from RI and I actually lost my balance a few times with the wind gusts. Just nasty.

You know what else is nasty? The beating we're going to put down on the NY/NJ Team.

:bomb:

I keep almost going out to get 9 in, but then see limbs down all over the woods around our condo. I think I'll stick to the open field that is the range. Need to work on a couple things anyway.

It's not as bad up north. There isn't even a wind advisory in southern NH, where I'll likely be going if I do go anywhere that involves golf.

Back