Odyssey Putters Thread

Cavity behind the milled face insert to manipulate the sound, its an interesting concept. I believe its very much a JDM intended design.

I've seen it a bit with the Scotty 'beached' efforts. Doesn't it elevate to a higher pitch?

The best way, obviously, is for Kang to buy one and bring it for our #THPCallOut match. hahahaha

I figured it had something to do with the sole cavities.

Pretty awesome. You need at least 50 #7 putters.
3849f023a5a64906de39e30f5da3de01.jpg

#7 collections are the best!
#9 collection is almost complete. Working on my #7 and now thanks to James I need add some #6 love as well.

James,
Those black stepless shafts really look good. Thanks for the link.

To be completely honest, I hope that the new line is a milled face, but I think I am getting my hopes too far up lol

#9 collection is almost complete. Working on my #7 and now thanks to James I need add some #6 love as well.

James,
Those black stepless shafts really look good. Thanks for the link.

I have to ask. You say the #9 collection is almos complete? do you mean ALL of them or just the ones you want??? either way that is impressive as there are SO MANY great #9 designs!

I have to ask. You say the #9 collection is almos complete? do you mean ALL of them or just the ones you want??? either way that is impressive as there are SO MANY great #9 designs!
There's a thper with EVERY #9 ever made. I forget his name. Now that is an impressive collection

To be completely honest, I hope that the new line is a milled face, but I think I am getting my hopes too far up lol

I had been saying that quite a bit over the last couple years, however I feel like Odyssey's best approach surrounds their inserts.

I'd love to see them come out with more milled heads in the future, but I think I'd like to see them take a new approach before doing so.

Is he still around? Ouzo Power I think is who you're referring too.

There's a thper with EVERY #9 ever made. I forget his name. Now that is an impressive collection
It was something like Lmf22 or something I cant remember exactly (no disrespect meant) but i do know who you are talking about. Not sure if he has kept up with the current USDM and JDm models or not. I am trying for it, but there are a good many that have become really hard to find in a good condition.

Is he still around? Ouzo Power I think is who you're referring too.
Definitely not ouzo lol
It was something like Lmf22 or something I cant remember exactly (no disrespect meant) but i do know who you are talking about. Not sure if he has kept up with the current USDM and JDm models or not. I am trying for it, but there are a good many that have become really hard to find in a good condition.
The hunt is as good as the end goal :)

The hunt is as good as the end goal :)

I agree 100% that has been half the fun, finding them. There are a good amount of them I havent even gamed since I bought them, they just go into the collection as my goal is every #9 they release for USDM and JDM since 2005. I have been trying to amass the collection without outside help but it is getting to the point I might have to tweet someone from odyssey to help find a good few of them.

I had been saying that quite a bit over the last couple years, however I feel like Odyssey's best approach surrounds their inserts.

I'd love to see them come out with more milled heads in the future, but I think I'd like to see them take a new approach before doing so.
I am inclined to agree, but with the Works insert being their best in years, what do you think they can do to make it even better than it already is? Or are you saying a completely different insert with a different feel?

I figured it had something to do with the sole cavities.

Pretty awesome. You need at least 50 #7 putters.

Believe me, SX line is nice. Feel is really good and the sound chamber works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am inclined to agree, but with the Works insert being their best in years, what do you think they can do to make it even better than it already is? Or are you saying a completely different insert with a different feel?

Yes.

Hahahaha!

To be fair, this has been said time and time again about Odyssey's inserts, yet they keep pushing boundaries and developing improvements.

Odyssey Putters Thread

That #6 with the black chrome shaft is Just filthy!

I just told kc720 I'm thinking about getting a #7 to mess around with..

Pretty sure he's on ebay buying every one he can right now. #Hoarder

More for him. Less for you.

I need to learn how to pull and reshaft putters.

I have to ask. You say the #9 collection is almost complete? do you mean ALL of them or just the ones you want??? either way that is impressive as there are SO MANY great #9 designs!
I rolled my first #9, a Works, in March so I'm a bit late to the party. Being milled guy I have passed on the WH/P inserts. So far my #9 collection consists of; Works, Protype, Protype HT w/weights and iX insert, White Damascus w/metal face not iX insert, and a Black Tour Design arguably the best feeling series ever. I'm still missing the MXM though hopefully there's a few others that either you or Kang will tell me about.

Darn, I thought Kang was always the answer. :act-up:

Yes.

Hahahaha!

To be fair, this has been said time and time again about Odyssey's inserts, yet they keep pushing boundaries and developing improvements.
So its a yes to new insert different feel or yes to improvement on the works? :alien:

This one? What makes it unique?

252a.jpg
I've seen these on ebay and wondered the same thing. Really like the graphics too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back