How to properly measure putters?

ClubCare

Reaction score
Handicap
I have at least 50 different golf clubs that I'm selling for my boss (most are Scotty Cameron putters). I've been selling headcovers on ebay to get a feel for selling (I've never bought or sold anything on there before), but I want to start selling these clubs. I've got all the information on them, I just can't seem to figure out how to measure these, especially the ones with a bend in the shaft. I have one that has a 35" sticker on the shaft for reference, but when I measure it, I get about 34". Apparently the length is super important, so I don't want to mess this up. I was told I should measure from the base of the club to the top of the grip, but that bend makes things tough. Does anybody have any tips or diagrams? Thanks!

putter.jpg

http://blog.hirekogolf.com/2007/10/how-is-the-length-of-a-golf-club-measured-part-i-of-ii/

I usually put my ruler against the wall on around a 70* angle give or take as this angle is usually required to make the club sole evenly.

It's pretty simple. Put the end of a tape measure under the sole below the shaft line and measure along the shaft to the top of the grip.

#Cookie got you all set up. Good luck on your sales.

Measure a labeled (by the manufacturer) 34" heel shafted putter straight down the shaft and tell me what you get? Sole the club flat, as it would be played.

Back