2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just awesome maddog.do you have a certain number you want to get to?

Stupid holidays up 5 pounds from low. Going to need to start working out again. Might have to push for a new Bootcamp at work as that was so much easier than figuring out what to do on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
only have one pound to go to hit 240 pounds by Jan 1st. 240 pounds will put me at 160 pound weight loss. feeling great and timing is getting much better with golf swing. one of my biggest thrills about my weight loss......fitting into my high school letterman jacket from 1977.... I will post a pic here when I get my tech skills up to date...lol

Congrats. You have out in some serious work this year and stuck with it. Happy for you

Maddog will have to change his name to friskypuppy with all that weight gone!!!

only have one pound to go to hit 240 pounds by Jan 1st. 240 pounds will put me at 160 pound weight loss. feeling great and timing is getting much better with golf swing. one of my biggest thrills about my weight loss......fitting into my high school letterman jacket from 1977.... I will post a pic here when I get my tech skills up to date...lol

Congratulations Maddog! That is one heck of an accomplishment!

Just awesome maddog.do you have a certain number you want to get to?

JB, when I started at 400 pounds I wrote down 260 pounds. When I got there it was easy to keep going, a new healthy eating life style, so I stuck with it. I am now looking to 230 to 235 pounds and then hitting the gym hard to regain some muscle mass I have lost along the way. I am going to be very happy maintaining 235-240 pounds.

Maddog will have to change his name to friskypuppy with all that weight gone!!!

easy now freddy, that kind of joke could lead to an embarrassing avatar if I lose a bet on the course.....lol

Hope this pic comes out. My Letterman jacket from high school in 1977

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

51ddc0389a5405b90a640f065cb4b58a.jpg

found the jacket in the closet last week while cleaning out the big sizes I no longer wear, never thought I would fit in it again! no a bad fit for a jacket from 1977!

You look like you could kick some rear end in that jacket! Such a neat part of your weight loss journey.

What a fabulous accomplishment. A wonderful thing you did with a hell of a lot of will power and desire to be healthy.Enjoy all the good that this brings to you.
JB, when I started at 400 pounds I wrote down 260 pounds. When I got there it was easy to keep going, a new healthy eating life style, so I stuck with it. I am now looking to 230 to 235 pounds and then hitting the gym hard to regain some muscle mass I have lost along the way. I am going to be very happy maintaining 235-240 pounds.

What a fabulous accomplishment. A wonderful thing you did with a hell of a lot of will power and desire to be healthy.Enjoy all the good that this brings to you.
That's my old man you're talking about, and I couldn't be more proud and happy for him and of him. I can't tell you how many times I've asked him if he'd like to try a bite of something of mine just for taste and he's turned me down every time. It's really inspiring and I can only imagine how much better he feels. I'm just glad he's sticking with it and not just settling.

That's my old man you're talking about, and I couldn't be more proud and happy for him and of him. I can't tell you how many times I've asked him if he'd like to try a bite of something of mine just for taste and he's turned me down every time. It's really inspiring and I can only imagine how much better he feels. I'm just glad he's sticking with it and not just settling.

it's certainly inspirational.

He has absolutely inspired me man. I have about 30 pounds to go, and whenever I come in here and see his posts it motivates me to keep going. It is incredible.

Just got a text from orange theory, I'm off the wait list for the 1030 class. Gonna end the new year with some calories burned.

So the plan is to weight in tomorrow, the first day of the new year.Whatever it says my goal is to get to 185.That could mean as much as 30lbs to lose. I lift nearly every morning and also take a 50 minute cycle class. I thought I watched my portions but it has become very hard to get the weight off. I am 58 so maybe it a slower metabolism. I drink a ton of water and have no problem backing way off the beer. I would appreciate any ideas and suggestions from THP.

Last edited:
Check out the MyFitnessPal app or weight watchers or the zone diet (I'm sure there are others I'm missing). As long as you keep up the exercise and work on optimizing calories in, you'll drop the weight fast. :)
So the plan is to weight in tomorrow, the first day of the new year.Whatever it says my goal is to get to 185.That could mean as much as 30lbs to lose. I lift nearly every morning and also take a 50 minute cycle class. I thought I watched my portions but it has become very hard to get the weight off. I am 58 so maybe it a slower metabolism. I drink a ton of water and have no problem backing way off the beer. I would appreciate any ideas and suggestions from THP.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks sudseh, I have been at the exercise for over a year with nice gains in strength but not in weight.I will look at the apps.

I know JB and GG have had good luck with Weight Watchers, so definitely pick their brains.
Thanks sudseh, I have been at the exercise for over a year with nice gains in strength but not in weight.I will look at the apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I began WW yesterday. It's always been the only thing that has truly worked for me. I lost 40lbs on it a few years ago but creeped back up after baby #2 and years of unhealthy eating.

I promised myself I would get back into shape this year. Mentally, emotionally and physically. WW just changed since Oprah bought them. Proteins are less points and sugars are more. They also took into consideration calories, which didn't really matter before.

Good for you. Lots of THPers following it for support.

Posted early in this thread but didn't really follow through. I did start exercising more regularly but didn't get a hold of my diet. Starting a program today and hope to update with good results along the way!

My new heaven for all you PB2 lovers. So much better - tastes like actual PB and doesn't have the chalky taste that I felt PB2 does. 100cal for 2tbs which equals 3 WW points

e76f7c836d6db656b279aa4d126ac8e5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back