Bridgestone Tour B JGR HF 2 Irons Review

No shot at the DPFs, but, wildly better.

The sound is easily the best part about this iron. It's excellent.

Excellent sound you say? I like that. Any comparisons to help me imagine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well saying that they’re “wildly better” than IMO the best iron i’ve hit in the last 4 years has extremely excited for next weekend

Paired with some TT American Steel goodness

I have no shame. Dream big.

Not really. It just sounds better than i think it should. Kind of a weird concept, no?

Ill pay close attention next weekend. Great work on these.

Nice writeup, Dan. Did you find these to be high spin in the mid irons?

No shot at the DPFs, but, wildly better.

The sound is easily the best part about this iron. It's excellent.
Really well done Dan. And I agree with you 100% on the sound. Knowing I can make an iron sound anything like you is surprising and perhaps a testament to the iron.

I thought the review was great. This is a set that is within my ability to use them properly.
I am really glad that companies are keeping their Non-hi end players club looking clean without a lot of color or unneeded decorations. I’ll demo these based on this article. Played B-Stone wedges and hybrid in the past. Cool product.

So from what I have been able to gather, the only way you can hit these is:

1. Buy them outright - Not sure where
2. Go to Club Champion - Not sure what additional cost that would bring (They won't have the HF1's)
3. Wait for the new "Test Drive" program to be launched and hope that you can fit a set that meets your specs.
4. Wait for the Spring 2019 when a retailer (Not sure who) will have a full fitting cart.

2. Go to Club Champion - Not sure what additional cost that would bring (They won't have the HF1's)
3. Wait for the new "Test Drive" program to be launched and hope that you can fit a set that meets your specs.
4. Wait for the Spring 2019 when a retailer (Not sure who) will have a full fitting cart.
5. Sign up for the 2019 Sweep and get them, and many other goodies, free of charge. Tweak to your desire afterwards with all the $ you saved.

5. Sign up for the 2019 Sweep and get them, and many other goodies, free of charge. Tweak to your desire afterwards with all the $ you saved.

If Budget Golf carries these irons.

Ultimate Strong Metal

Thats so metal, right?

Great write up, these definitely look sweet!

I appreciate the kind words, everyone. These were a particularly easy write for me. I was a bit worried at the sound quality would be a bit different than it was, but it became one of the best features.

AMart has these in the bag right now (and hopefully he stops dragging his feet and we can get some proper shafts installed for him), and every time out he makes contact that is worth taking about sound wise. We spent some time at top golf over the weekend and when I got him squared up, he was all over the flag. It was really fun to watch.

Wow these look clean!! Really liking the looks of these.

Or you punched your ticket to The Ultimate Weekend of Golf sponsored by True Temper and THP and you will hit them in a weeks time

I appreciate the kind words, everyone. These were a particularly easy write for me. I was a bit worried at the sound quality would be a bit different than it was, but it became one of the best features.

AMart has these in the bag right now (and hopefully he stops dragging his feet and we can get some proper shafts installed for him), and every time out he makes contact that is worth taking about sound wise. We spent some time at top golf over the weekend and when I got him squared up, he was all over the flag. It was really fun to watch.

What were the stock shafts and what shafts are you looking to fit him into?

Or you punched your ticket to The Ultimate Weekend of Golf sponsored by True Temper and THP and you will hit them in a weeks time

What were the stock shafts and what shafts are you looking to fit him into?

Not seeing Bridgestone here:
62dfb3cd0b8de271e52fbe687ac3b9a6.png

Both new sets will be at the THP Event.

Good looking irons. Jin Young Ko have played these irons all year long on the LPGA, must be good . On the other hand the new Tour B CB on Bridgestone Japanese site also looks quite good. I wonder if they will be available here. Looks like I will have new irons next year...

I believe this is the set that I am most excited to demo next week.

Bumping this up so I can find it more easily once I can gather my thoughts from this weekend. I’m not a ballstriker like @canadan so you’ll have to prepare yourself for more pedestrian performance notes. I’ll have more as I get more time in with these but mi initial impressions on these are quite good. I believe they will work for a lot of players, and anyone looking for a club that gives them a bit of help in a nice, mid-sized package should take the opportunity to give these a try.

Bumping this up so I can find it more easily once I can gather my thoughts from this weekend. I’m not a ballstriker like @canadan so you’ll have to prepare yourself for more pedestrian performance notes. I’ll have more as I get more time in with these but mi initial impressions on these are quite good. I believe they will work for a lot of players, and anyone looking for a club that gives them a bit of help in a nice, mid-sized package should take the opportunity to give these a try.

I'm looking forward to the feedback.

The positive feedback on the new Bridgestone irons has really piqued my curiosity. The HF1's aren't for me, but the HF2's are sufficiently compelling that I'm going to add them to the "must try" list. Bridgestone said demos will be in select dealers on 10/8. Fingers crossed that my local pro shop gets them, because if they don't, I have no other options nearby.

How would you compare them to your c300 forged, in distance, forgiveness and dispersion?

How would you compare them to your c300 forged, in distance, forgiveness and dispersion?

Initial impressions are they’re very similar. The HF2 and c300 Forged fit the “players distance iron” description with a lot of help built into a smaller package. True apples to apples would have them in the same shafts. The 105g shafts in the 300s let me swing a little faster but with the danger of getting out of sequence if I’m not focused. The DG 120 in the HF2 are a little more stable, launch lower, and help to keep things under control.

The positive feedback on the new Bridgestone irons has really piqued my curiosity. The HF1's aren't for me, but the HF2's are sufficiently compelling that I'm going to add them to the "must try" list. Bridgestone said demos will be in select dealers on 10/8. Fingers crossed that my local pro shop gets them, because if they don't, I have no other options nearby.

Unless something has changed in their reach, they won't be in anything short of a PGA Superstore style of retail. I'm not sure a Golf Galaxy even stocks them, especially up this way.

Initial impressions are they’re very similar. The HF2 and c300 Forged fit the “players distance iron” description with a lot of help built into a smaller package. True apples to apples would have them in the same shafts. The 105g shafts in the 300s let me swing a little faster but with the danger of getting out of sequence if I’m not focused. The DG 120 in the HF2 are a little more stable, launch lower, and help to keep things under control.

I agree with these thoughts here. They were really easy to work and had a great feel. Paired with the DG 120, they produced a nice mid flight with solid stopping power in the several times I hit them on course and the long irons (set started with 5 iron) were easy to get off the ground/tee. I missed a couple toe side and you could feel it, but the result wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected, only a couple yards off line while challenging the "groove-less" area on the face. Eager to follow your progress here, JohnSinVA.

Back