Bridgestone Tour B JGR HF 2 Irons Review

Hello has anyone compared these to the Srixon z585s? Thank you

Sure have. Turf interaction for me was superior with the 585s - the v sole is a godsend for a steep swinger like me. Edge in feel goes to the HF2. For me the were pretty close distance wise. Overall if you put both sets side by side and forced me to choose I would probably reach for the 585. The v sole just works.

Sure have. Turf interaction for me was superior with the 585s - the v sole is a godsend for a steep swinger like me. Edge in feel goes to the HF2. For me the were pretty close distance wise. Overall if you put both sets side by side and forced me to choose I would probably reach for the 585. The v sole just works.

So you’re hitting more ‘fat’ shots with HF2s? How would you compare forgiveness between these two on reasonably well struck shots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played them side by side at the Ultimate Weekend with @JohnSinVA and @OITW

I liked the looks and feel of the HF2s more, but the V sole works for me so performance edge went to the 585s. They were very comparable in distance.

I liked the looks and feel of the HF2s more, but the V sole works for me so performance edge went to the 585s. They were very comparable in distance.

Thank you for the feedback! Looks like the z585's edge out the HF2s.

Thank you for the feedback! Looks like the z585's edge out the HF2s.

For me, I would say yes, but that is based on my swing tendencies. If you have a shallower angle of attack I think the benefits of the V-Sole are somewhat diminished and things begin to even out. IMHO, both look great in the bag and are damn good offerings. I think the HF2s are $100 less for the set, just to gum the works up a little more :D

So you’re hitting more ‘fat’ shots with HF2s? How would you compare forgiveness between these two on reasonably well struck shots?

If what you're asking is "are my shots with the HF2 taking more turf than with the 585?" I would say yes, my divots with the HF2 are definitely a little deeper than with the 585. Both irons have good ball speed retention across the face, but I would need some more time with the 585s in direct comparison to say if one was definitely better than the other.

If what you're asking is "are my shots with the HF2 taking more turf than with the 585?" I would say yes, my divots with the HF2 are definitely a little deeper than with the 585. Both irons have good ball speed retention across the face, but I would need some more time with the 585s in direct comparison to say if one was definitely better than the other.

That is more so what I was asking.... similar swing similar results

I second this- shaft pairings played a part i got my workability in the HF2s. But more forgiveness/turf interaction and higher launch in 585

I second this- shaft pairings played a part i got my workability in the HF2s. But more forgiveness/turf interaction and higher launch in 585

Thanks for all the feedback. Will be ordering the Z585s today.
Regards

Just a little bump up to sing the praises of these irons again. Excellent distance and great feel in this package. I last had these out when playing with @mesaman777 and I got him to finally hit one on a par 3 after some gentle persuasion. I just about had a set sold after that one swing, even with a shaft that wasn't a good match for him. Having a price tag $300 less than he expected certainly wasn't helping either, but in the end he managed to avoid the temptation. If you see these out somewhere for demo, try them. Hopefully Bridgestone will do a demo program like some other companies do, because these irons are too good to just fade into the background.

Just a little bump up to sing the praises of these irons again. Excellent distance and great feel in this package. I last had these out when playing with @mesaman777 and I got him to finally hit one on a par 3 after some gentle persuasion. I just about had a set sold after that one swing, even with a shaft that wasn't a good match for him. Having a price tag $300 less than he expected certainly wasn't helping either, but in the end he managed to avoid the temptation. If you see these out somewhere for demo, try them. Hopefully Bridgestone will do a demo program like some other companies do, because these irons are too good to just fade into the background.
Firstly, this is mostly true.
Secondly, I never mentioned that any temptation was avoided. These are on my radar. Especially at that price. Just wish they offered a set GW, but by no means a deal breaker.
These are soft and long. I agree with John, if you have a chance to demo, do it. I was shopping them that very night.
I would have played the rest of the round out of his bag if I wasn't hitting my own new irons.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Secondly, I never mentioned that any temptation was avoided. These are on my radar. Especially at that price. Just wish they offered a set GW, but by no means a deal breaker.
These are soft and long. I agree with John, if you have a chance to demo, do it. I was shopping them that very night.
I would have played the rest of the round out of his bag if I wasn't hitting my own new irons.

IIRC the set that was sent to the Ultimate Weekend was 5-A (which is a gap wedge). Looks like that's an option to make up their 7 piece sets.

IIRC the set that was sent to the Ultimate Weekend was 5-A (which is a gap wedge). Looks like that's an option to make up their 7 piece sets.

Interesting. I didn't see an AW option. I'll look again. Thanks!

You must be having a senior moment. I recall explaining to you why I pulled the set gap wedge out of the bag in favor of a specialty wedge.

But since Methuselah used to be in your foursome I can ignore this oversight

You must be having a senior moment. I recall explaining to you why I pulled the set gap wedge out of the bag in favor of a specialty wedge.

But since Methuselah used to be in your foursome I can ignore this oversight
That very well could be, but she was slow and we booted her for Moses.

And I think I was looking at the tour b x-cb's thinking they were the same clubs.

Either way it sucks getting old.

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve had the chance to get these out to put into play. They are just as sweet sounding and feeling as I remember. Well struck shots reveal that soft forged feeling and mishits aren’t terribly punishing in either performance or aesthetics.

If you have an opportunity to hit these, you owe it to yourself to do so. They are just damn good.

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve had the chance to get these out to put into play. They are just as sweet sounding and feeling as I remember. Well struck shots reveal that soft forged feeling and mishits aren’t terribly punishing in either performance or aesthetics.

If you have an opportunity to hit these, you owe it to yourself to do so. They are just damn good.

Happy New Year
So tempting but went with z585s

Hello just an FYI Bridgestone has these on the demo rental program.
Two 6 irons you pick the shaft and use them for 21 days.
Cost is $20.00
Ordered them with Recoils.
Let’s see...

I actually just scheduled a pic to go up on Insta of these that we took. Goes up next week and is just striking.

Let’s keep tormenting @AMart into being a real THPer again. Maybe he’ll share his thoughts now that his HF2 are paired with smacwrap.

Let’s keep tormenting @AMart into being a real THPer again. Maybe he’ll share his thoughts now that his HF2 are paired with smacwrap.
So I should expect his feedback in here soon.... Ish? Like 2020?

Back