2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then quick question, what's the difference between their Rigs and their power racks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typically rigs are for gyms that are catering to a large group of people. Power racks are more individual. Rights also lack the safeties on the side.

If you're looking for equipment, Perform Better is having a 20% off orders over $200 sale now - our gym gets a lot of equipment from there, and it's held up well.

Hahaha deep inside I figured you'd go short and simple but maximum effectiveness. That rack is awesome.
Everybody loves Rogue. For good reason. But EliteFTS is also really good

Everybody loves Rogue. For good reason. But EliteFTS is also really good
I'm already checking the rest of the site haha

Anyone take advantage of the Blue Cross Blue Shield gym membership program? Seems like a good deal....access to thousands of gyms for $25 a month.

https://www.blue365deals.com/health...nthly-fee-access-network-9000-gyms-nationwide

It's got my current gym in it and it's a little cheaper than I pay now. It'd be nice to expand my gym access a bit in different areas if I'm short on time or not in the area. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the program.

I'm already checking the rest of the site haha
Rogue is heavily involved Crossfit. EliteFTS is more powerfiting, it actually started as an information and teaching resource. Jim Weidner (5/3/1) is one of their editors.

Rogue is heavily involved Crossfit. EliteFTS is more powerfiting, it actually started as an information and teaching resource. Jim Weidner (5/3/1) is one of their editors.
Pretty cool, didn't know that. I only found rogue because it popped up on Google when searching for equipment awhile back. Seems to be legit but options are always good.

Pretty cool, didn't know that. I only found rogue because it popped up on Google when searching for equipment awhile back. Seems to be legit but options are always good.
Rogue is legit. it's a lot of branded offerings. They're very good, quality isn't the concern.

Rogue is legit. it's a lot of branded offerings. They're very good, quality isn't the concern.
That elite site seems to have a large selection as well. When I order something next ill definitely be checking on there.

2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Well the Kegel workout wasn't going to do, so I did manage to make it to the gym to lift today. I worked chest and legs.

Started with a 1 mile run.

Did bench press 3x6 (kinda disappointed with bench I put 185 on there but was only able to put up 3 reps, and I don't like heavy weights over my head with no spotter so I moved down to 165)
Incline Dumbbell press 3x8
Dumbbell chest flys 3x8

The legs I front squats 3x8 (those put a lot of strain on my wrist I'm guessing form, blue any suggestions?)
Romain Dead lifts 3x6
Calf raises 3x8

I did planks in between each chest workouts and hanging leg raises in between each leg workout.

After that I did cable twist( rotations with the cable pulls, idk what they are called)

Then I had a little energy left while my truck was warming up so I pumped out 10 pull ups.

So I think it was a good workout

Well the Kegel workout wasn't going to do, so I did manage to make it to the gym to lift today. I worked chest and legs.

Did bench press 3x6 (kinda disappointed with bench I put 185 on there but was only able to put up 3 reps, and I don't like heavy weights over my head with no spotter so I moved down to 165)
Dumbbell chest flys 3x8

The legs I front squats 3x8 (those put a lot of strain on my wrist I'm guessing form, blue any suggestions?)
Romain Dead lifts 3x6
Calf raises 3x8

I did planks in between each chest workouts and hanging leg raises in between each leg workout.

After that I did cable twist( rotations with the cable pulls, idk what they are called)

Then I had a little energy left while my truck was warming up so I pumped out 10 pull ups.

I definitely feel you with the front squats man as you probably saw my posts recently haha. I'm finding that I can go heavier and heavier comfortably on my legs but damn my wrists start to hurt. That's why I considered the wraps but Blu showed it may be hard to grip the bar. Idk I'm hoping it'll get better.

Dumbbell chest flys 3x8

Romain Dead lifts 3x6
Calf raises 3x8

Bar rests on your deltoids. Fingers are trapped under the bar. High elbows, so your humerus are parallel to the floor. There's no secret to making them feel better on the wrists. It's a weird feeling and only thing that helped me was to do them often.

Bar rests on your deltoids. Fingers are trapped under the bar. High elbows, so your humerus are parallel to the floor. There's no secret to making them feel better on the wrists. It's a weird feeling and only thing that helped me was to do them often.

Gotcha, I had the right form them, I do like front squats as I feel my form tends to stay a bit better and I can go deeper. I'm going to go ahead a order some wrist wraps and see if they help at all. I was looking to order a pair anyways.

Gotcha, I had the right form them, I do like front squats as I feel my form tends to stay a bit better and I can go deeper. I'm going to go ahead a order some wrist wraps and see if they help at all. I was looking to order a pair anyways.

From the 2015 thread...

[quote name="Evok" post=4225408]I think im visualizing what you mean but to clarify you mean it will be awkward just setting up and finishing?[/QUOTE]
You caught me at a good time with this question because I am at the gym.

This wrap is a Contraband Triple Stripe wrist wrap. It's a weaker wrap and this is as far back as I can get my wrist.

a7cdd18b950559893a66b742304ae4d7.jpg

This is a Contraband Double Stripe. It's a much heavier wrap. Look at how much less I can set my wrists.

c15c3b48617a712917f308012859bc41.jpg

The reality of front squats, other than keeping the wrist joints warm, a wrap will not function as intended and will not support the wrists properly.

From the 2015 thread...

[quote name="Evok" post=4225408]I think im visualizing what you mean but to clarify you mean it will be awkward just setting up and finishing?

This wrap is a Contraband Triple Stripe wrist wrap. It's a weaker wrap and this is as far back as I can get my wrist.

This is a Contraband Double Stripe. It's a much heavier wrap. Look at how much less I can set my wrists.

The reality of front squats, other than keeping the wrist joints warm, a wrap will not function as intended and will not support the wrists properly.[/QUOTE]
Honest question here and trust me I'm in absolutely no way trying to do some bs snarky callout haha if the wraps dont support the wrists for fronts, how come so many guys I see doing heavy fronts use them? Like I said I'm not being a certain way, just an observation I'm now curious about. Is it that they were using the wraps for something else and left them in for squats perhaps?

From the 2015 thread...

[quote name="Evok" post=4225408]I think im visualizing what you mean but to clarify you mean it will be awkward just setting up and finishing?

The reality of front squats, other than keeping the wrist joints warm, a wrap will not function as intended and will not support the wrists properly.[/QUOTE]

I remember that post, but I was planning on ordering some anyways, at $35 the cost is minimal to try out something, even if they are just used on other lifts, like overhead press.

The reality of front squats, other than keeping the wrist joints warm, a wrap will not function as intended and will not support the wrists properly.

I remember that post, but I was planning on ordering some anyways, at $35 the cost is minimal to try out something, even if they are just used on other lifts, like overhead press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Presses and bench presses. Even deadlifts. Awesome.

Honest question here and trust me I'm in absolutely no way trying to do some bs snarky callout haha if the wraps dont support the wrists for fronts, how come so many guys I see doing heavy fronts use them? Like I said I'm not being a certain way, just an observation I'm now curious about. Is it that they were using the wraps for something else and left them in for squats perhaps?

When you say "so many guys", who do you mean?

When you say "so many guys", who do you mean?
Almost every powerlifter I follow online seems to squat with them. They must be doing it for some reason

Almost every powerlifter I follow online seems to squat with them. They must be doing it for some reason
Many of them wear wraps because they saw a video of Ed Coan wearing them. So they wear them. Also, for back squats, most wear wraps because they have an incorrect grip on the bar but because IPF/USPL allows wrist wraps on all lifts, they use them as support. They may also wear them for mental considerations.

Like I said Joe I'm not trying to doubt you or anything, just genuinely curious as to why they are wearing them.

Like I said Joe I'm not trying to doubt you or anything, just genuinely curious as to why they are wearing them.
No worries

Many of them wear wraps because they saw a video of Ed Coan wearing them. So they wear them. Also, for back squats, most wear wraps because they have an incorrect grip on the bar but because IPF/USPL allows wrist wraps on all lifts, they use them as support. They may also wear them for mental considerations.
Perhaps, idk if I can believe it's simply because they saw a guy back in the day haha maybe tho. I'm just confused but whatevs, like jspangs mentioned they are cheap so I may just take the plunge and see for myself. I have absolutely no problem reporting back and saying you were right haha.

Perhaps, idk if I can believe it's simply because they saw a guy back in the day haha maybe tho. I'm just confused but whatevs, like jspangs mentioned they are cheap so I may just take the plunge and see for myself. I have absolutely no problem reporting back and saying you were right haha.
They do add some rigidity to a power leak. When I front squat, they get in the way. I don't need them for back squats because I grip the bar correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back