Bridgestone Tour B JGR HF 2 Irons Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Another quality review Dan. I wish Bridgestone would do a little bit of advertising with their technology because when I clicked the link and saw the pictures, I loved the look. But the first question I asked myself is "why play these over anything else? What is the tech behind it?". Not long after asking that I got to the part about Power Slit Face Design and its the first time ive ever heard of that technology. Real informative article and these are another great looking set. Maybe the name is why they cant sell clubs that well in the states? Its sure not the look of the clubs

This looks to be a very interesting release from Bridgestone. Pretty impressive ball speed numbers as well.

Great job here Dan! Those are some big 4 irons and sure are pleasant to look at. I like their move toward the perimeter with weighting, that will help with forgiveness for sure. Hopefully hitting these next weekend!

Good review. Never hit any Bridgestone clubs, but a good looking iron.

Very good read Dan. From the pics its not a bad looking iron at all. Some impressive ball speeds and spin numbers for that 4iron. What shafts were installed or did I miss that?

Very good read Dan. From the pics its not a bad looking iron at all. Some impressive ball speeds and spin numbers for that 4iron. What shafts were installed or did I miss that?

The review started with the XP105's as stock and finished with Tour V stiff.

Thanks for the review Dan, I definitely like the looks a lot and the sound/feel you speak of definitely intrigue me as well. Wouldn't mind finding myself an opportunity to put these babies through their proper paces myself!

Love seeing the Foresight numbers and the relationship of these performance to tour level ball speeds. Well done Dan!

Nice review Dan. These check a lot of boxes. Glad to see Bridgestone releasing these as they seem to fit a wide variety of players.

Love seeing the Flightscope numbers and the relationship of these performance to tour level ball speeds. Well done Dan!

who uses Flightscope?:alien:

Here is the detail from their website

TOUR B JGR HF2 Irons

The style you want, the forgiveness you need. Our new TOUR B JGR HF2 irons are specifically designed to provide increased forgiveness in a classic cavity back head shape. The HF2 irons feature a forged design, and are constructed with an ultrathin face that promotes exceptional distance, they also feature our Power Slit Face Design which allows for improved COR toward the bottom of the face, creating extra forgiveness on thinly struck shots. A rubber polymer insert in each head increases feel, reduces vibration, and ensures a solid sound at impact.

Here is their pic describing it...

JGR%20images.png

I think they look great. They also need to come up with better name for them.

Would you classify these in the same category as the CF16s?

Nice review Dan. Specs are close to my DPFs, really excited to hit these next weekend.

Awesome review Dan. Very impressive ball speeds. The irons look visually appealing from the pictures. The left quick part does scare the daylights out of me though as I can unintentionally hook an iron with the best of them.

Great write-up, Dan. Will be interesting to see if these get into some bags around here.

Nice review Dan. Specs are close to my DPFs, really excited to hit these next weekend.

No shot at the DPFs, but, wildly better.

The sound is easily the best part about this iron. It's excellent.

Absolutely.

No shot at the DPFs, but, wildly better.

The sound is easily the best part about this iron. It's excellent.

Well saying that they’re “wildly better” than IMO the best iron i’ve hit in the last 4 years has extremely excited for next weekend

Paired with some TT American Steel goodness

Well saying that they’re “wildly better” than IMO the best iron i’ve hit in the last 4 years has extremely excited for next weekend

Paired with some TT American Steel goodness

I have a feeling these are going home with somebody after next weekend.

I have a feeling these are going home with somebody after next weekend.

If not, there’s a good quantity of willing testers right here. Just in case you know..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back