My golf sim garage build

Ok...this has to happen

Love this. Told my wife our next house will have a space for something like this, whether it be basement, garage, or outbuilding.

Ok...this has to happen

It’s so much fun. Just completing Q school at OGT. Then it’s limitless tourneys and multiplayer games. I bought this thing to practice my swing but I think I’ll mainly be playing rounds.

Seriously looks amazing. I've been researching for a while and plan to put something almost exactly like this in the basement of my (far into the) future home. Well done!

How is the insulation in your garage? I've been planning for a basement sim because I figured Wisconsin winters would make it uncomfortable to play in a garage and possibly be bad on the equipment.

Awesome job Rusty! Man I so want to do this! Need to figure a way to heat the garage first. Well, that - and convincing my wife this is a good investment in the long run

Awesome job Rusty! Man I so want to do this! Need to figure a way to heat the garage first. Well, that - and convincing my wife this is a good investment in the long run

Seriously looks amazing. I've been researching for a while and plan to put something almost exactly like this in the basement of my (far into the) future home. Well done!

How is the insulation in your garage? I've been planning for a basement sim because I figured Wisconsin winters would make it uncomfortable to play in a garage and possibly be bad on the equipment.

I plan on buying a big portable heater for the winter. I also installed an industrial fan over the man door on the side to blow in the cooler air from outside for the summer. Not the same as playing in my basement but I’ve had some hot days here and I just tell my wife to keep her car in the driveway. The hot engine sure puts out a lot of heat. That’s worked well. I also open the side man door while playing to let some fresh air in.

I take my gc2 and laptop in the house when I’m done.

Great looking set up and glad your having fun on JNPG see you in the scrambles soon Rusty

Great looking set up and glad your having fun on JNPG see you in the scrambles soon Rusty

You bet. Thanks for all your help.

I will mention to guys on here that while I went high end on a lot of stuff, much of this could be done for cheaper. I went motorized retractable screen (there are manual ones). My laptop was ultra high end gaming. I ended paying a little more through Par2Pro cause I wanted to make sure I got top end and I had no idea on installation and equipment requirements. I’d guess that with a little help from someone who’s gone through the process and a little DIY work a guy can do pretty much the same for 6-7k USD.

That's pretty dang incredible! Thanks for sharing! Now I need to convince my dad or FIL to do something like that. :D

Love the look of that setup man! I can only dream!

That is phenomenal looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Not sure what your issues are/were with SkyTrak, I have one and LOVE it. To be sure yours look great!

phenomenal...

Nice. I played ogt last winter. And am presently building my set up. I'll start a thread for that as well.
Good set up man!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Not sure what your issues are/were with SkyTrak, I have one and LOVE it. To be sure yours look great!
I have one as well. I would say issues are putting and chipping if you want to play the full sim on ogt. Just so much easier with a gc2

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Fantastic!!!!!!!

#FiberLaunch

did you find setting it up at 16:9 was difficult? People keep telling me to go 4:3, but if I can go 16:9 it will be so much better.

This is pretty sweet. Enjoy Rusty.

Livin' the dream!

Someday, I'm going to move out of the 'starter home' we bought 25 years ago and build our own place. THIS is going to happen. Awesome.

You bet. Thanks for all your help.

I will mention to guys on here that while I went high end on a lot of stuff, much of this could be done for cheaper. I went motorized retractable screen (there are manual ones). My laptop was ultra high end gaming. I ended paying a little more through Par2Pro cause I wanted to make sure I got top end and I had no idea on installation and equipment requirements. I’d guess that with a little help from someone who’s gone through the process and a little DIY work a guy can do pretty much the same for 6-7k USD.
God I already hated you because you actually suffered through and are doing my dream job while I worked on a ship and flew around in my 1962 C-210. But now you have to show me this magnificent set up. Man I hate you so much now! Awesome job man!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Amazing you were able to do it all so perfectly and there's only an 8 minute turn around.

How tall is your space there? Not that I’m going to be doing any measuring.

Great setup!! The graphics look awesome!! I have a setup in my house and it feels good to build it yourself! I stuck with the SkyTrak for pricing reasons though. Pretty cool to hit a golf ball in your own house! Keep us updated on how everything goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a awesome set up, well done!

I scrolled through and didn't see it, so sorry if it's a repeat question, approx how much total would you say? This would be a passion project for me and the future and just need to see if it's realistic or not haha

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back