My golf sim garage build

That is effing awesome. Very nice set up!!

did you find setting it up at 16:9 was difficult? People keep telling me to go 4:3, but if I can go 16:9 it will be so much better.

Not at all. If you room for the 16x9 go for it. It’s simply outstanding.

God I already hated you because you actually suffered through and are doing my dream job while I worked on a ship and flew around in my 1962 C-210. But now you have to show me this magnificent set up. Man I hate you so much now! Awesome job man!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Don’t hate brother. Just come up to BC for a round.

How tall is your space there? Not that I’m going to be doing any measuring.
My garage ceiling height is 10.5 feet.

That's a awesome set up, well done!

I scrolled through and didn't see it, so sorry if it's a repeat question, approx how much total would you say? This would be a passion project for me and the future and just need to see if it's realistic or not haha

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It really depends on how expensive you want to go. I went all out and spent around 14k Canadian but honestly I think a guy could do the same for around 6-7k USD with not quite the craziness I went to. That number for me included a new smart garage door opener and ultra high end impact screen and side netting. My laptop was over 2k but I’m sure a guy could get away spending less if he used a desktop.

Honestly the cheapest and best part is the JNPG and OGT. The sim pass is $250 a year and $20 twice a year to play the OGT tour. And these guys are awesome with tourneys and support.

The final piece of the project came together tonight. My TrueStrike hitting mat came in so we made a plywood base to hold both my CCE stance mat and TrueStrike mat. Had to add 1/2” to the CCE to bring it level with the TrueStrike.
0653cb5f7685df85963f74b0957100fd.jpg

What a difference hitting off the TrueStrike. Distances are what I see on the real course.
The setup is now complete.
I had a couple of buddies come over tonight and it was a blast.
Thx for your comments. It’s been a dream to have this for a long time and it’s special to share this with you THP guys and gals that appreciate and love golf.
Thanks again.

Great setup! I will be building a shop next year and I will have something similar. Ideally I am looking to do a game room with golf sim, pool table and of course a bar.

The final piece of the project came together tonight. My TrueStrike hitting mat came in so we made a plywood base to hold both my CCE stance mat and TrueStrike mat. Had to add 1/2” to the CCE to bring it level with the TrueStrike.
0653cb5f7685df85963f74b0957100fd.jpg

What a difference hitting off the TrueStrike. Distances are what I see on the real course.
The setup is now complete.
I had a couple of buddies come over tonight and it was a blast.
Thx for your comments. It’s been a dream to have this for a long time and it’s special to share this with you THP guys and gals that appreciate and love golf.
Thanks again.
Nice. Going to be starting my build in the next few days. I'll start a thread for that, thanks for a few ideas from your experience.
No more hitting into a net for me.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Splurged on FSX 2018. While the graphics are meh, everything else about that software is amazing. Lots of short game work and data.

Came with a fairgrounds addition. My girls love it.

3b8926db3a3c6991aec31dd2970e9030.jpg

5d04855ae2eb247eadd7c8d01378b653.jpg

0a37d6b902ed73de1f42321bcf152e8b.jpg

Back