What's New In The Closet & Apparel Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some new shoes....

White must be primary color, minimal (if any) secondary color
Waterproof...no mesh
Spikeless
Cheap (maybe $70 or less?)....prior year model maybe?

Any favorites out there that fit the criteria? I've had good experience with feel and fit of Nike/Puma. Callaway's haven't been great for me comfort wise. Haven't wore FJ in forever. Always enjoyed Ecco's.

Puma BioDrive Leather.
And its not close.

All done, thanks JB. I went and looked at that thread and these seem to be a fantastic shoe for $70. Ordered the below:

s-l500.jpg

I have really targeted a few brands to grab a nice little collection of colors and styles.
Im not a big fan of the mainstream brands, where I am nothing more than an advertisement for their gear.
Nike and UA are by far the worst offenders in my opinion, which is funny because quality wise, they are near identical.

At the Grandaddy was the first time i said to myself "I need more non mainstream brands of clothing" because of just what you said. I would have felt like an advertisement for adidas or puma had I wore my normal stuff. Now I'm rarely ever in that position and not nearly as much as you, but I guess you can say I've started pondering some of the non mainstream brands

All done, thanks JB. I went and looked at that thread and these seem to be a fantastic shoe for $70. Ordered the below:

s-l500.jpg
They are probably the most comfortable shoes I've had so far.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Currently rummaging through Under Armour and Nike's websites looking at all the new stuff. Oh man is this dangerous!

Want Lunar Control 4's in black. Didn't realize I don't have a black shoe in the closet.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4c1b9b48e35942bacaa4f0bc4259bc03.jpg

Scored big time this holiday.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Just saw another Nike shoe coming this year. May be time to go spikeless finally.

Just saw another Nike shoe coming this year. May be time to go spikeless finally.

Tell me more.

I have really targeted a few brands to grab a nice little collection of colors and styles.
Im not a big fan of the mainstream brands, where I am nothing more than an advertisement for their gear.
Nike and UA are by far the worst offenders in my opinion, which is funny because quality wise, they are near identical.

On the corporate side I'll take Nike all day for quality and consistency. I'll never understand the UA love. I've seen enough at this point to say they are very low end for the "big" brands and you're only buying a logo.

The corporate Nike stuff is a great value and no stupid logos. Again, I see a very different side to all of this though.

If you want a really stupid, big logo look no further than Polo and that stupid horse

On the corporate side I'll take Nike all day for quality and consistency. I'll never understand the UA love. I've seen enough at this point to say they are very low end for the "big" brands and you're only buying a logo.

The corporate Nike stuff is a great value and no stupid logos. Again, I see a very different side to all of this though.

If you want a really stupid, big logo look no further than Polo and that stupid horse

My view is similar in that I think people should always wear what they like, want and fits them well.
But pure quality to quality, the current stuff from UA does not stack up favorably to many other brands out there. Although I am only speaking golf and as its related to that, the big three mainstream brands are right there (UA, adidas and Nike). After touring some factories and seeing how finishing is done and this and that, the quality differences in apparel is rather large.

My view is similar in that I think people should always wear what they like, want and fits them well.
But pure quality to quality, the current stuff from UA does not stack up favorably to many other brands out there. Although I am only speaking golf and as its related to that, the big three mainstream brands are right there (UA, adidas and Nike). After touring some factories and seeing how finishing is done and this and that, the quality differences in apparel is rather large.

Oh no doubt. I have low end, no name brands that I'll suggest before some of the big names. Why pay double or even triple for very similar quality? Because of a logo?

I deal with UA on all fronts (golf, football, basketball, etc.) even though they're nearly impossible to sell in the corporate world. They have a very interesting business model in that regard. People ask for it though so I found the work around for now.

I would love to find some Matte Grey, Linksoul and others in my price range to try out. However, I'm not a fan of any cotton. No matter how they market it to make it sound better

Flyknit, Lunar sole, count me in.

That sounds awesome, as long as it's not that hightop thing I've seen online. I just got a pair of the TW 15 shoes and like those a good bit, but I prefer spikeless for the versatility of wearing them in different locations.

Also, for those that like Polo Golf or RLX Golf apparel, the end-of-year sale is going on at RalphLauren.com. I hit that sale up every year, can get RLX polos for as low as $29 right now.

That sounds awesome, as long as it's not that hightop thing I've seen online. I just got a pair of the TW 15 shoes and like those a good bit, but I prefer spikeless for the versatility of wearing them in different locations.

My understanding they will be the midtop chukka style. I've had a pair of the non golf ones and the height didn't bother me. Pants generally sit well over them.

Also, for those that like Polo Golf or RLX Golf apparel, the end-of-year sale is going on at RalphLauren.com. I hit that sale up every year, can get RLX polos for as low as $29 right now.

Thanks! I'm in ponder mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back