Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

So mad I can't take advantage of the rock bottom golf deal. Would have been all over that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you guys order something from RBG, MAKE SURE that it is the correct item that was placed in your cart. The PMP wedge I ordered was somehow changed from my basket to when it went to the cart and so I have the wrong wedge. I know that I should have looked at it more closely but I didn't. Anyway, since this is an automated process, they can't do anything about it even though I sent them an e-mail within minutes of ordering. They said that I would need to wait until I got the wedge, then get an RGN and send it back for credit and then reorder. They said that they could try and cancel the order to the factory but didn't know if they could do it!!

Just FYI.

Techology

Techology

When you guys order something from RBG, MAKE SURE that it is the correct item that was placed in your cart. The PMP wedge I ordered was somehow changed from my basket to when it went to the cart and so I have the wrong wedge. I know that I should have looked at it more closely but I didn't. Anyway, since this is an automated process, they can't do anything about it even though I sent them an e-mail within minutes of ordering. They said that I would need to wait until I got the wedge, then get an RGN and send it back for credit and then reorder. They said that they could try and cancel the order to the factory but didn't know if they could do it!!

Just FYI.

Wow.....technology. Isn't it great? :disapointed:
And this message is coming from someone who just retired from a job with 20 years in computer support.
Why can't a human intervene and just change your order before they ship the wrong one?
That's a shame. Oh well, technology can be a good thing when it works.

Thanks for the heads-up about checking your order.

So tempting.

Did those of you who got fitted with the KBS Tour shafts get fit with regular or stiff flex? Did you play regular or stiff previously?

I apologize if this has already been mentioned.

This RBG deal is making it hard to not pull the trigger today....

i was told no shaft options at rbg, you get what you pull down in the menu. if kbs was an option, they would have had a sale from me

Very cool picture from Wilson's Twitter page from the PGA Show

609a21adb27acd9ed75472e262466fb8.jpg

i was told no shaft options at rbg, you get what you pull down in the menu. if kbs was an option, they would have had a sale from me

By that I assume you mean something other than the Tour 90?

Anyone using the C200 that came from Speedblades?

I've had some interest in reshafting the Speedblades from the stock steel 85g shaft to use graphite and save wear and tear on the body. I've posted that in some other threads too so sorry if I'm being repetitive :) Even if I buy cheap shafts off Ebay for about $100 or so there's still a fair amount of cost in the reshaft and regripping so I'm also keeping an open mind towards new irons.

The C200's seem to check all of the boxes on the surface:

- Look good
- Tech used is at least equivalent to Speedblades and quite possibly better
- The stock graphite shafts appear to be outstanding
- While not cheap the price is not exorbinant for what you're getting

I grew up playing 1200 GE irons and am still somewhat partial to the brand.

Thanks
Dave

Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

I gave up on the Speedblades too quickly, and still regret trading them, but I'll say the C200s felt far better and had higher peak height, which is a boon for a slower swinger like me.

I gave up on the Speedblades too quickly, and still regret trading them, but I'll say the C200s felt far better and had higher peak height, which is a boon for a slower swinger like me.

Interesting, I find the Speedblades to go really high even with the strong lofts. I can't wait for green grass again!

Dave

Interesting, I find the Speedblades to go really high even with the strong lofts. I can't wait for green grass again!

Dave

Like I said, I gave up on them way too quickly, and if I found a set with graphite I'd probably bite. But the C200s are just so much fun to hit. Amazing sound and feel, the pop off the face just gives so much confidence.

Great thread and Great job reviewing the W/S C200 irons by THP and its members...thanks!

I have read through most of the thread but I had a question for the testers or anyone with any time with these irons. I am a high spin player and was wondering what others had experienced hitting these irons outside in reference to hitting it too high (due to excessive spin) while playing the KBS Tour shafts. I hit the C200 irons on a simulator at GS with the KBS Tour 90 (stiff) and my back spin numbers where very comparable to my i20 irons with the CFS (stiff)...both 7 irons. However, I am wondering if that translate to outside as I know the CFS is a mid launch / mid spin shaft??? Thanks and again great review...Seriously!!!

I didn't realize any ballooning with the KBS shafts but they will put some spin on the ball. I switched out the KBS 90 not because they aren't a good shaft, but because of my own flaws and tendency to get quick in tempo.

Folks if you want to follow along with all the social media goodness revolving around the C200's, search for the hashtag #GenFLX on Twitter and Instagram. Lots of pics, details, videos ... you name it. Some great stuff out there.

Folks if you want to follow along with all the social media goodness revolving around the C200's, search for the hashtag #GenFLX on Twitter and Instagram. Lots of pics, details, videos ... you name it. Some great stuff out there.

It's been fun.

Is today the big day for the C200 giveaway?

I didn't realize any ballooning with the KBS shafts but they will put some spin on the ball. I switched out the KBS 90 not because they aren't a good shaft, but because of my own flaws and tendency to get quick in tempo.

What shaft and flex did you put in yours?

Not sure, but it's close ... someone soon will come away a very very lucky golfer.

I'm about to go to the ER to have my fingers amputated because I've had them crossed so long hoping to win this.

Since nobody in my area carries the Wilson C200 iron and with me just 4 weeks away from going to Florida, I really wanted to take these with me, so I ordered a single "test" club from TGW. It's in graphite my first ever graphite shafted club so hopefully I should have it within a few weeks and will give it a workout. Maybe, I might get a set before I leave, just depends on how the test club works out. Read too many positives for me not to try this club out.

Back