Nike signs Brooks Koepka and Tony Finau

flog2424

Philippians 4:13
Reaction score
Handicap
Didnt see it posted anywhere but just saw that both Brooks Koepka and Tony Finau have signed with Nike. Seems to fit their brand well on both of these

Really, really like these signings by Nike. They can smash the ball and have a good bit of modern, young flair to rep their apparel lines. Quality job and those two are, in my opinion, big potential losses by Titleist and Callaway respectively.

Finau seems to be a great up and comer, bad loss for Callaway IMO.

and this was also one of the worst kept secrets in terms of Koepka.... as JB previously mentioned on Twitter

Two guys that are so close to really breaking out. Love this signing.

Very interested by the Finau signing as he was with Callaway before and I felt that he went well with their Kings of Distance marketing.

Very nice signings for Nike. Two young stars on the rise that showed a lot of promise last year.

These two seem to fit Nike perfectly. Their gear might leave something to be desired, but they know how to market and get their guys out there.

Big loss for Callaway IMO.

Great signings for Nike.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

These two seem to fit Nike perfectly. Their gear might leave something to be desired, but they know how to market and get their guys out there.

Big loss for Callaway IMO.

I haven't tried the newest stuff, but the Vapor stuff was excellent.

Agree that these are awesome signings for Nike though. Young bombers with great potential.

Would've liked to have seen Finau stick with Callaway, but business is business and when the swoosh comes calling, it's gotta be hard to say no. I like watching Koepka play, too.

I like the moves for Nike. Some solid young talent.

Crazy good signings for Nike. Not surprised by Koepka but did not see Finau leaving Callaway. Will not be surprised to see both of these guys competing in majors this year and for many years going forward.

I like the moves for Nike. Some solid young talent.

Here is the million dollar question.
Does a stable help them?
Can they market it properly?

I would like to hope so, but they have had a top "stable" for a while now and still no action on the other end. WIll be interesting to see in 2016.

"Nike clubs aren't very good. These guys are good enough to play anybody's driver and hit it 380 yards."

Good signings by Nike. I don't know how to market golf clubs, but I do know that Nike seems to be growing, in spite of the size of their footprint.

I haven't tried the newest stuff, but the Vapor stuff was excellent.

Agree that these are awesome signings for Nike though. Young bombers with great potential.

Probably came out wrong, but not a knock on Nike. The Vapor line was pretty good, but stacked against the field it didn't stand out to me.

Does a stable help them?

I would like to hope so, but they have had a top "stable" for a while now and still no action on the other end. WIll be interesting to see in 2016.

I think it will help drive interest. Will that move sales? Not significantly unless their product is there. I'd like to believe more consumers are more informed than they used to be. Which is a conversation for another thread.......

Does a stable help them?

It seems like these guys for more of the athlete mold of Nike, not the golfer mold.. It seems to me Nike is trying to build a stable of athletes who happen to be really good at golf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does a stable help them?

Funny you kind of read my mind. My original post was going to say, good signings, but it won't help haha
It's a chance for them to do something if they have good years out of those two, along with the other top players they have. But they still don't get golf marketing IMO. It's still about the athlete.

I think it will help drive interest. Will that move sales? Not significantly unless their product is there. I'd like to believe more consumers are more informed than they used to be. Which is a conversation for another thread.......

It seems like these guys for more of the athlete mold of Nike, not the golfer mold.. It seems to me Nike is trying to build a stable of athletes who happen to be really good at golf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That brings up an interesting question.
Tiger and Rory.
Both athletes, both best in the game.
Nike sales still did not increase.

I still don't have much stock in Finau. It's nice to see Nike commit to their tour stable, but I'd like to see them really go out of their way to represent their builds in 2016 rather than just their brand.

Hate to see Tony leave the Callaway stable, but I'm sure it was a financial plus for him.

Does a stable help them?

Nope. I dont think it does. They have decided to take a much different approach in "making it all about the athletes" and not about the people, IMO they are trying SO hard to find a specific niche that they hope grabs hold that it will cost them.

That said, I like Nike, I really liked the gear a TON recently, but I still don't think they are around in clubs in a couple years. I'd be SHOCKED if they were in fact.

That brings up an interesting question.
Tiger and Rory.
Both athletes, both best in the game.
Nike sales still did not increase.

Agree.. is this a case of them self admitting their stuff isnt as good but if we but we put it in the right hands then the preception changes? Chicks still dig the long ball???

Nope. I dont think it does. They have decided to take a much different approach in "making it all about the athletes" and not about the people, IMO they are trying SO hard to find a specific niche that they hope grabs hold that it will cost them.

That said, I like Nike, I really liked the gear a TON recently, but I still don't think they are around in clubs in a couple years. I'd be SHOCKED if they were in fact.

This might sell a few more flat bills if nothing else

Back