The Powerball and Mega Millions Wanna win it thread

This is worth a billion dollars Canadian. Wow!

It might be worth a billion US before they actually pull the numbers .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won $4.00 in Wednesday's drawing. It's a start.

The local news said after taxes and state income tax with the lump sum payment you'd be looking at $250M.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The LA Times has a Powerball simulator that brings you back down to earth by showing how crazy the odds are against winning. It allows you to pick numbers and then buy however many tickets you want and it simulates your chances of winning. Here is the link. I'm not a lottery ticket buyer and I'm even less so after trying this simulator.

http://graphics.latimes.com/powerball-simulator/

If I won, I think I would join a certain club in California, hmmm 36 holes of immaculate golf, breathtaking views and great guys.. Also would get to play w/ some THP'rs once a year..

d05438a180f9022958eb5e535609538a.jpg

Donated $10 to the office pool. Don't want to be the dummy that didn't get in if it hits.

I won!!!

Nevermind, I didnt.

The LA Times has a Powerball simulator that brings you back down to earth by showing how crazy the odds are against winning. It allows you to pick numbers and then buy however many tickets you want and it simulates your chances of winning. Here is the link. I'm not a lottery ticket buyer and I'm even less so after trying this simulator.

http://graphics.latimes.com/powerball-simulator/
My math wizard son laughs at me buying loto tickets. Says I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning multiple times. Didn't stop me from buying a few!

My math wizard son laughs at me buying loto tickets. Says I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning multiple times. Didn't stop me from buying a few!

Remind him that you have a better chance of winning if you play than if you don't.

Oh, then I remind him that loto funds are paying for his full tuition scholarship!

Math wizards don't buy lottery tickets. I read somewhere that you're 4 times more likely to get killed by a soda vending machine than win the lottery.

Math wizards don't buy lottery tickets. I read somewhere that you're 4 times more likely to get killed by a soda vending machine than win the lottery.

That's why I don't use soda machines.

What if I buy loto tickets from a vending machine? Does that increase my odds? Of which? Only scratch offs, but they do have ticket machines in our local grocery store.

What if I buy loto tickets from a vending machine? Does that increase my odds? Of which? Only scratch offs, but they do have ticket machines in our local grocery store.

Do that in a few months, no need to tempt fate.

We are ready.

743c63edcfc066afc956708fbc83f327.jpg

We are ready.

Lottery pool? Or you just throwing money out there and taking a shot. It only takes one, and that's all I bought.

Lottery pool? Or you just throwing money out there and taking a shot. It only takes one, and that's all I bought.

Paper is the wife's lottery pool from work. I bought $10 worth this morning also.

We are ready.

I like it cookie. I'm rolling over $6O or so from Wednesday night and I'll throw in some more and see what happens

I like it cookie. I'm rolling over $6O or so from Wednesday night and I'll throw in some more and see what happens

When I win, I got you covered for Cowboys Club. And a Jeep...

When I win, I got you covered for Cowboys Club. And a Jeep...

Hahahaha! I thought it would be a house next door to you so we could golf more

Hahahaha! I thought it would be a house next door to you so we could golf more

Doable....if you can convince the wife to move!

We were talking about this at work just now. The current jackpot is $800 million, and will probably be higher before the drawing tonight. What if no one the jackpot, so the Powerball people said, were going to start the Jackpot back over from the start, since no one won we are going to give it to the people!

If you are a legal resident of the US and file you taxes like you're supposed to, you will receive in your tax return this year a one time gift from the lottery $2,000,000 per (legal and verifiable) person in your household, and the taxes will be correctly withheld from your return, too.

There are approximately 320 million residents of the United States, the Jackpot is at least $800 million, so each person could get $2 million and the rest could be given to the Government to help pay off some of their debt.

How awesome would that be?

SO, if I'd wake up and actually count correctly.

Last edited:
Back