What have you needed a witness for?

phoffer

Resident ONE Length Guy
Reaction score
Handicap
improving
Besides the obvious hole in one, what have you done on a course and thought "no one would believe I did that" without a witness.

This morning, I chipped in twice, first from 35 yards and then from 15. I've never chipped in from anywhere, even a near pin 5 yards away.

Of course, I was by myself, playing an early back 9 before the course got busy. I'd say Arccos proves it, but honestly, Arccos doesn't truly prove anything, people still have to believe you.

What's something(s) that you wish you had a witness for?

Last edited:
Shooting in the 70’s or a round with no lost balls.

I have been lucky all my personnel bests have been with playing partners. But one of my eagles on a par 4 I was alone and wish someone would have been around.

Hit a terrible slice on a drive one day to the far side of a neighboring fairway. I was probably 240 from the green and it was uphill with some trees in between and somehow put the ball on the front dead in the front of the green with my 3W. Never could do that again from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first under-par 9 hole score was solo.

I've done it once since w/ witnesses but it would've been nice to have someone witness the first time.

My longest drive. My son saw my ~400 yard drive, but an adult witness would have been handy. Preferably one that would leave out the bounce off the top of the tree and the amazingly long cart path ride. I almost thought I was pulling a Tin Cup with how long it stayed on that cart path.

I had a 405 yard drive when playing with Beags and JB years ago. I pulled it left into a road, it bounced down the road tin cup style then kicked back into play, off to the left of the green. It would be pretty hard to believe if you didn't see it yourself.

I've had witnesses to some of my best rounds when I was in my 30's.
-3 on the front 9 of Rutgers during a 9-hole after work league,
-3 on the front 9 of Quailbrook during a 9-hole after work league, and
-2 after 14 holes at Spooky Brook, playing with my boss after work - had to stop due to darkness.

I made 6 consecutive birdies on the front nine of my home course last fall while I was alone. Unfortunately I had a double and 2 bogies on the other holes.

Was playing LPGA Jones course with a buddy with I fly with as well. Was 120 out and hit my PW, dropped right in the hole. Thankfully my buddy was right there on the green and saw it. It’s as close to a hole in 1 type shot I have ever had. Glad someone saw it.

An alibi.

My first eagle from the fairway

@campilobaxter was my witness

Hopped in and pow Eagle

Why do people have to see proof and beleive you? I mean honestly I wouldnt care about having a witness for something. Whether its the big fish that got away, or a hole in one. I just think as long as I know what happened, it doesnt matter. Even if a hole in one requires a witness to be acknowledged on the course wall. So be it, I'll still know.

I once hit 3 of 4 pins with my tee shots into par 3's at the Heathland course at Legends in Myrtle. Two on the fly, one off the bounce. No birds, LOL...

Did have my then 12 yr old son with me and although he enjoyed the moment(s), he didn't really care much for the severe odds against that ever happening. Would've been nice to share it with a golf buddy or two also.

Shot 66 with nobody there

Not me but my friend. He's in the trees after his second shot on a par 5 and tries to play a hero shot to punch under and get up to the green. Hits a tree so dead square that it bounces straight back and never leaves the cart path that it bounced and rolled all the way back to the tee box.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I had a witness for the best par of my life... par 3, 150 yards, hooked it left into the water. Teed up again and boom, in the hole for a three.

I’ve come so damn close to a HIO but no dice so far.

Back