2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm so bad about keeping up my fluids. I think I drink a lot until I check and I only had like 1 bottle of water lol that's soooo bad especially when working out. I'm really working on changing that.

I tried the semi tracking route and it just wasn't working for me personally. I needed a very clear picture of exactly what I was eating or more specifically what I was not eating haha. Tracking through myfitnesspal has been amazing for me. I have my calorie goal and enter in everything I eat to make sure I reach that goal. There's still days I think im close and sure enough I'm not haha although I will say it's gotten much much easier the more I do it and I can see myself getting to a point where I'm adjusted and can just eyeball enough to reach my goals. Tracking isn't the most fun thing I've done haha!

I'll take a look at the app. Sounds like it could help but I will probably forget to enter half my stuff after 3 days.

This guy has some pretty funny videos. I'll see if I can find one of my favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know you're into crossfit, did you see that episode? One of his best, it's hilarious.

Hold up now, I do cross fit, I'm not into it, lol.

http://youtu.be/G5GIJmCwchk

About the 3:30 mark is hilarious.

Ha! Ok my bad, just most people I've encountered who do it are diehards and just love to tell you about it. You know the joke:

A crossfitter, a vegan and an atheist walk into a bar......

I know because they told everyone within 2 minutes.

Lol cracks me up

I dunno... If the CrossFit'er was paleo he shouldn't be going into bars.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I finished my first workout since pneumonia. I lifted weights then ran and am extremely satisfied with my first run since November despite miles being 2 min slower pace than Normal.
0c8a9ca12eaabf0a082a616df182e924.jpg

Ha! Ok my bad, just most people I've encountered who do it are diehards and just love to tell you about it. You know the joke:

A crossfitter, a vegan and an atheist walk into a bar......

I know because they told everyone within 2 minutes.

Lol cracks me up

Oh I know, the people at the gym have their crossfit shirts and everything else. I really only did it, because it was the only gym I found in Robinson, IL (you can see what I'm dealing with) and I thought hey what the heck, I'll give it a whirl.

I dunno... If the CrossFit'er was paleo he shouldn't be going into bars.

Gin and vodka are paleo

Haha, but seriously though, I was under the impression that that potatoes and grains were both not paleo.

Gin I can somewhat believe since it's a processed plant alcohol, not grain.
Gin and vodka are paleo

Well done. I am finally getting over pneumonia as well, hope to start back at it tomorrow

I finished my first workout since pneumonia. I lifted weights then ran and am extremely satisfied with my first run since November despite miles being 2 min slower pace than Normal.
0c8a9ca12eaabf0a082a616df182e924.jpg

Haha, but seriously though, I was under the impression that that potatoes and grains were both not paleo.

Gin I can somewhat believe since it's a processed plant alcohol, not grain.

depends on the vodka. If it's potato vodka, you're paleo. Which isn't as cool as it sounds.

So the Русский Стандарт I have is paleo... good to know. Haha
depends on the vodka. If it's potato vodka, you're paleo. Which isn't as cool as it sounds.

So the Русский Стандарт I have is paleo... good to know. Haha

You kiss your mother with that mouth???

It's Monday. So that means bench press. YAY!!!

bench

bench

Indeed. Had no intention of maxing out today as I have been eating very light due to a stomach virus that 2 of our kids have. But, alas workout partner was there and have not maxed since mid December and I did hit a new PR of 305. Surprised myself as I have felt like I was struggling with bench.

Indeed. Had no intention of maxing out today as I have been eating very light due to a stomach virus that 2 of our kids have. But, alas workout partner was there and have not maxed since mid December and I did hit a new PR of 305. Surprised myself as I have felt like I was struggling with bench.
Never complain about PRs!

Speaking of PRs, 270 for 7. Estimated 1 rep max = 333. woohoo!

Nah, I violate the International Bench Press Day treaty and turn it into dead lift day.

Nah, I violate the International Bench Press Day treaty and turn it into dead lift day.
No problem with that. Not enough people in here for me to deadlift. Not enough of an audience ;)

Nice job gentlemen!
Speaking of PRs, 270 for 7. Estimated 1 rep max = 333. woohoo!

No problem with that. Not enough people in here for me to deadlift. Not enough of an audience ;)
This time of year I have just the opposite problem. I have to stare at the chuckleheads doing curls or toe raises in the rack until they get uncomfortable and leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back