Damage on my wedge, what to do?

Yantropov

Reaction score
Handicap
While practicing my chipping, I must've hit a rock...

While I understand that the damage won't affect the playability... Do you think it will eventually cause it to rust? Any of you have an idea how to "fix" it or should I just not bother...?

IMG_1899_zpsf7xbhin6.jpg

I'd buy a new wedge lol

Don't bother, embrace it and recall the day it happened in a good way!

I would usually agree with you but since it's a new SM5... Maybe not! ;)

Do you think it will eventually rust or not likely?
We like to take things to the next level on ponder pushing... go with sm6 or sm6 cold forged lol

We like to take things to the next level on ponder pushing... go with sm6 or sm6 cold forged lol

You're a bad influence! Haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's not damage, that just gives it character. Clubs usually behave better after you spank 'em around in the rocks and such. A little bit of rust will just add spin on those approach shots:blob:

I would usually agree with you but since it's a new SM5... Maybe not! ;)

Do you think it will eventually rust or not likely?

Doesn't matter if it rusts, that's character!

I don't think it's likely to rust but if it were mine I'd fill it with a two part epoxy. And then retire it.:act-up:

I wouldn't bother with it, no idea if it will rust but I wouldn't care either way.

I'd retire the whole set and buy new, just in case :bulgy-eyes:

Battle scar. Soon you won't even notice it.

Thanks to all of you guys... except Kang!

I would take it as a sign that you need to practice your stamping skills all over that wedge, and also buy a new one.

It adds personality. I would not worry about it unless it's mentally bothering you when looking down to hit a shot. If so I guess retire it....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New wedge time. That would irritate me

Hey neighbour...for sure since it's through the chrome, since you are in the Wet Coast it will rust.
If you haven't already got a clear paint touch-up stick for your car, you can grab one from Can Tire or such and apply a couple of coats. Where the spot is, that should be fine, maybe touching up once in a while.

And/or for light spots of rust in the face of wedges I've used gun oil (REM oil or equivalent) and it just goes away. I've been known to put it on my Muiras if storing for a while, but that was overkill I'm sure. Just wipe off any residue before you play.

Bought my oil in the US at Cabela's or Ebay, so not sure where it's available locally.

that's damage??
looks like nothing.
i beat the hell out of my wedges, ill play them off whatever.
they deserve it anyway

Leave it damaged. Adds some personality.

My 60 wedge looks like I put it in a blender.

Take a file and smooth it off.

Get some silver touch up paint.

Enjoy.

Jack

Just play it - adds character. If you can't live with it, send it to the Iron Factory - theironfactory.com. Jim can repair it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would leave it alone. Overtime it will look less offensive, but it's also a good excuse to get a new SM6

I wouldn't worry about it. Wedges are the only clubs that I don't mind seeing beat up. It's bound to happen to some degree. Plus, rust looks bada$$

It won't interfere with the ball striking so I would leave it alone. A little touchup paint, or gun oil on that spot after every round and it will be good to go.

Back