The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that Cleanout cap is loose it would let the sewer gas into your house , but that's not likely to have loosened itself unless someone has removed and replaced it lately.

Do you have a floor drain anywhere? Near your hot water tank perhaps? If an unused P-trap under your house has evaporated the sewer gas can get in that way as well.

Yep. If you have any fixtures, sink, shower, etc. that you haven't used in a while the water in the trap may have evaporated down far enough to let the gasses pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a drain in the same area for the hot water tank. Can I just dump some water down that drain? All our showers and toilets get used daily. Also, I'm on a slab.

To my knowledge (the last 3 years) that cap has not been removed.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

There is a drain in the same area for the hot water tank. Can I just dump some water down that drain? All our showers and toilets get used daily. Also, I'm on a slab.

To my knowledge (the last 3 years) that cap has not been removed.

If that drain is the source you can just dump some water down to re-fill the P-Trap and block the gasses.

Hope it's nothing serious Barry. Need to see you healthy and fit in a couple of weeks.

So, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being no problem, 1 being you are screwed:

I want to pull a tip off my Red Tie (don't care about saving it), how good of a chance do I have of F'ing up the shaft if I try and pull it by hand without a puller?

2. From someone who also pulls by hand, I learned the hard way a few times. The problem is if you twist even a little too much,the shaft will crack and unravel.

If that drain is the source you can just dump some water down to re-fill the P-Trap and block the gasses.
Not sure which places it's coming from, but it's getting bad. Maybe I'll dump some water in it and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for the help.

2. From someone who also pulls by hand, I learned the hard way a few times. The problem is if you twist even a little too much,the shaft will crack and unravel.

But is it doable it you just pull straight? Twisting is the issue?

But is it doable it you just pull straight? Twisting is the issue?
Technically, it is doable. But need to be delicate. It's not the most ideal way to get this done.

So, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being no problem, 1 being you are screwed:

I want to pull a tip off my Red Tie (don't care about saving it), how good of a chance do I have of F'ing up the shaft if I try and pull it by hand without a puller?

For the love of God DO NOT do it without a puller. Its asking for trouble. Even if you THINK you can pull it straight, one tiny bit of twist will fray the shaft.

For the love of God DO NOT do it without a puller. Its asking for trouble. Even if you THINK you can pull it straight, one tiny bit of twist will fray the shaft.

What my friend James is saying, is 1. Actual 1. As one means you're probably screwed.

it's not worth it Bradd!

What my friend James is saying, is 1. Actual 1. As one means you're probably screwed.

it's not worth it Bradd!

Correct. Silly zero jumping in there.

DONT DO IT.

I only thought of doing it briefly by hand. I figure even a cheap $80 puller will save a great deal of sorrow.

I only thought of doing it briefly by hand. I figure even a cheap $80 puller will save a great deal of sorrow.
Personally, I would get it done by a golf shop vs buying a cheap puller.

Just saw a girl a McDs named Cobrah lol! I wish I was kidding

Some cats just never C-hange...it gets quite funny to me

Chinging a flat tire in below zero weather is brutal. Make it two blocks from the parking lot and my donut failed. At least I was at a shopping center so I could eat dinner. Now to kill another hour til my ride comes.

Chinging a flat tire in below zero weather is brutal. Make it two blocks from the parking lot and my donut failed. At least I was at a shopping center so I could eat dinner. Now to kill another hour til my ride comes.

Oof, sorry dude that sucks.

Im tired.

Tomorrow will be a looooong day.

Driving home from my work holiday party and MrsV says "I like your THP friends way more than your work friends".

Me too honey me too

Man I could use a drink. I'm still brewing over today's horrible round. Can't believe how bad I played

I wish we had started watching Undateable when it began. But it was one of those we recorded but deleted because we just didn't have the time. It's effing hilarious!

It's on on demand, but only halfway through this season through now, so we're catching up, but missed so many shows.

I wish we had started watching Undateable when it began. But it was one of those we recorded but deleted because we just didn't have the time. It's effing hilarious!

It's on on demand, but only halfway through this season through now, so we're catching up, but missed so many shows.

I thought the first season was hilarious. Some really good people on it. The Live episodes are ok, but not as good as the pre-taped stuff.

I'm hoping enough people get behind it to bring it back, but Undateable being cancelled sucks!!

I thought the first season was hilarious. Some really good people on it. The Live episodes are ok, but not as good as the pre-taped stuff.
I like the live stuff better than the pre-taped stuff. But it's all pretty good if you ask me. my wife.... not so much. haha

The Official Banter Away Thread

Oof, sorry dude that sucks.

I'll be back at it tomorrow with a new tire. Not looking forward to -20 windchill

Long week coming.
Playing golf with 441 in the CallOut in an hour.
That back home to shower and finish packing as we are headed to Chicago for work for a few days.
Then from there to Memphis for work for a couple of days.
Then back here for a week before PGA Show starts.

Going to be pretty action packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back