Gary Woodland to Taylormade

Golf Ghost

Reaction score
Taylormade just announced on social media that they have added Gary Woodland to the team this season.

Didn't expect him to leave Callaway. Another bomber for Taylormade.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

He seemed to regress some last year, hopefully he comes back strong this year.

Kind of surprised by this, but hope it works out well for him.

He's a great golfer for ads.

I see this as a step down for Woodland.

Can't wait to see what he does with their current lineup. I bet he smashes that M1.

Wish he'd find that next level to compete more. Entertaining to watch him bomb it.

Can't wait to see what he does with their current lineup. I bet he smashes that M1.

Wish he'd find that next level to compete more. Entertaining to watch him bomb it.
Having seen him swing in person, he can absolutely mash a golf ball. Dude is unreal.

I see this as a step down for Woodland.

Personally, I would rather see Callaway spend the money on someone with a personality.

500 yard M1s

TaylorMade is going to need more than woodland to make a comeback!

All joking aside, I agree with T2GRN18 that this is a step down for him. I am not at all impressed with taylormade and I think they are to blame for the ridiculos product release cycles. Their stuff even just looks cheap these days...

Having seen him swing in person, he can absolutely mash a golf ball. Dude is unreal.

If he gels with M1, it'll be a nice compliment, especially considering how hard they are pushing their driver and little we're hearing about the rest of their line.

Makes sense for their driver marketing. It's a good add for Taylormade solely based on that.

Sure didn't see this coming. Could they need a bomber now that DJ may or may not be a free agent? Full disclosure, have not kept up closely with the DJ speculation lately, so it may be settled matter vis a vis DJ.

JM

Sure didn't see this coming. Could they need a bomber now that DJ may or may not be a free agent? Full disclosure, have not kept up closely with the DJ speculation lately, so it may be settled matter vis a vis DJ.

JM

I thought DJ resigned?

Very surprising move here. Hope it enjoys his new sticks.

I thought DJ resigned?

I was just looking since I have not kept up. Could be...... Wish Woodland well though. #BigBomber

JM

Woodland must be chasing the money.

Despite the tone here in regards to TM, isn't TM still the #1 golf OEM in the US? If so, it's tough to say he took a step down, isn't it?

I think he'll do well at TM and hopefully he will find himself, I don't see it as a big loss for Callaway truthfully and it may not have been his choice.

Just driver or full bag?

Despite the tone here in regards to TM, isn't TM still the #1 golf OEM in the US? If so, it's tough to say he took a step down, isn't it?
TM still has the #1 spot, that is correct.

He and DJ are two big boys I'm sure TMAG will use to market distance of M1 along with Day. Wonder if he keeps his deal with UA or is being paid to switch to Adidas.

Yeah I agree, TaylorMade makes some really good clubs and I think it's a lateral move equipment wise.

TM still has the #1 spot, that is correct.

I am not sure this is still accurate to be honest, depending on what stats you are looking at. I believe Callaway currently is #1 in driver, fairway, hybrid, iron and putter sales.

Wow, this is a shock. Hope he does well!

Back