THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Cool story. I always wonder how some of these ideas come about.

That's pretty awesome Josh. Can't believe someone thought this was a bad idea.

As to this, wasn't there a company that thought the Windows software was a bad idea back in the day? And well...look at it now.

The internet golfers will have a tremendous time going for 18 in 2. 561 from the whites (tipped at a monstrous 624 yards).

Sounds like a perfect hole to put a team out of there misery going in 1 up on them, bomb drive, flush 3 wood to 40 feet

Now that you are officially on a winning pick streak, who ya taking in this one?

No pressure...
I'm still looking at the tale of the tape. Plus it's hard to decide before the teams have even been chosen.

Sounds like a perfect hole to put a team out of there misery going in 1 up on them, bomb drive, flush 3 wood to 40 feet

40 feet. uphill. On one of the biggest greens front to back that you've ever seen.

Sounds like we've got more than just Gunner and jspangs as long hitters...

Winchell can make that happen. I don't think I've accomplished it yet, although I could be wrong. Maybe it'll be firm when RR arrives.

561 requires two exceptional shots from me.

Winchell can make that happen. I don't think I've accomplished it yet, although I could be wrong. Maybe it'll be firm when RR arrives.

561 requires two exceptional shots from superhuman-beings.

Fify...

Anyone pulls that off, in a thp event match play scenario, I will tip my cap to that.

300 off the tee and 261 for the approach into a long narrow green? That requires 2 exceptional shots from any golfer

Fify...

Anyone pulls that off, in a thp event match play scenario, I will tip my cap to that.

No doubt... And on the last hole of a matchplay event? That'd be awesome to see. hopefully I can be greenside watching, because I'll lose my mind for that golfer. #BuyingDrinks

Sounds like we've got more than just Gunner and jspangs as long hitters...

300 off the tee and 261 for the approach into a long narrow green? That requires 2 exceptional shots from any golfer

Sounds like a 4 shot hole for me.
Possibly 5.

Firecrackers not 's here...

Possibly 5.

It's actually pretty open buddy. A couple of decent shots gives you a green look from 100-150, it's just a matter of finding the right location from there.

It's actually pretty open buddy. A couple of decent shots gives you a green look from 100-150, it's just a matter of finding the right location from there.

Definitely 4 then...

Driver
Heavenwood
Heavenwood
9I
Chip
2 putt

Done

Sounds like Ohio may need to best tested for PED's if 3 or 4 guys are getting there in 2

Possibly 5.

I'm with you there. I'm those little white popper things that sometimes pop and sometimes are a dud. Yep that's me. So 561 I'm laying up 3 times, hoping for a bogey. LOL

And that's my Sober Handicap.
Here we go again...

I can honestly say I have never come even close to cleanly reaching that in two.

The par 5s will be really fun to capture for the forum during the event.

Number one isn't anything special, which is why I think it's the perfect starting hole. The fairway ending makes it very tough to get there in two shots, but there's also limited trouble so it's all about being at that proper wedge number for your third.

The second par 5, number 6, has a split fairway that is quite tight on the left side, but offers golfers the ability to hit it as far as they want, with a really easy line to the green. The right side has a waste area that all falls on the lie quality. It's safer, technically, unless you stop up against a tuft of grass.

Number 10 is a bombers delight for a two shot par five. Hanging it out to the right does no favours, but you really can't miss on the left side of the fairway without hitting a miracle draw into the green. Right side off the tee with a soft fade into the green, and you've got a nice shot at gaining a hole in your match.

And then the 18th. It's just a bear of a hole, with a ridiculous green.

561 requires two exceptional shots from me.

It's 2 shots for me as well... to get to the 200 yard marker. #ShortKnocker. I'd be willing to bet you have done it. All you hit is exceptional shots from what I've seen.

Back