The Franken Driver

I don’t care what it looks like, sounds like, feels like, or smells like. I just want a driver I can actually hit.

700cc head with jailbreak technology where the rods stick out each side--Frankendriver.

I'd be especially curious to hear from staffers and other people in the know and to take this a level deeper. What type of adaptor tech? Method for retaining speed on off center hits? Face tech? Weight adjustability system? Basically "really" build the driver from the ground up.

Epic SZ shape
Epic SZ carbon crown
C300 colour
Dragon fly tech
D300 forgiveness
Exotics XCG 7 sole
J715 face milling
Mizzuno 850 feel.
Jail Break
Z745 spin
Miyazaki B.Asha
NDMC back/white
Anser adaptor

I’ve not hit enough to be able to give an experienced answer however, with feedback and reviews I’ve read, I’d do:

Cobra F8+ tech and face
Jailbreak
Titleist titanium top
Titleist sure-fit hosel
Aldila Rogue shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sound of the Nike Vapor Pro
Distance of the Rogue/Epic
Crown/Looks of the XXIO 9 with that cool sheen

Nardo crown is amazing. I'm not hitting the F8 well right now, but I love the looks of it too much to part with it. Launch of the Tour Edge would be phenomenal as well.

king ltd look and feel/sound with j815 performance. i’m not hard to please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is easy.

M1 440 Look on top
Titleist TS3 look on bottom
Epic performance and forgiveness
Titleist 910D3 Sound

I'd be especially curious to hear from staffers and other people in the know and to take this a level deeper. What type of adaptor tech? Method for retaining speed on off center hits? Face tech? Weight adjustability system? Basically "really" build the driver from the ground up.

I honestly don't need to, the G400 Max honest to goodness hits all the marks for me other than adapter. But, NO ONE has gotten an adapter as well done as what Nike had. No one.

Shape: 915 D3
Color of crown: Matte White
Face: Callaway Epic
Tech: Callaway jailbreak with Sliding Weight and Dual-Cog
Sound: Ping g400

Anything as long as it has Nike Sumo 2 sound....louder if possible.

Good question T4K.
Adapter Tech and weight to me would be Cobra. Quickness would be Wilson Staff (its so easy).
Crown would be composite.
Lots of companies do face tech well, but for me its going to be a face cup.

Good question T4K.
Adapter Tech and weight to me would be Cobra. Quickness would be Wilson Staff (its so easy).
Crown would be composite.
Lots of companies do face tech well, but for me its going to be a face cup.

What's your take on Srixon's application of the face cup? Because you did describe a lot of the Z785's attributes (and failures with the hosel adapter)

What's your take on Srixon's application of the face cup? Because you did describe a lot of the Z785's attributes (and failures with the hosel adapter)

Worst adapter on the market.

What's your take on Srixon's application of the face cup? Because you did describe a lot of it's attributes (and failures with the hosel adapter)

I think most of the companies that use it, do it similarly. To understand it, here is a a little bit of explanation. Sorry if this sets in boredom...haha.

Generally speaking there are two ways faces are done. One is Edge Welded (insert) and the other is Cup Face. The insert that is Edge Welded is really exactly like it sounds. The face is welded onto the body around the edge. The Cup Face is named that way, because of its shape. Meaning a cup and it could I guess actually hold liquid if you wanted to. It is still welded to the body, but not done on the face.

Now that I have bored you to death, what does it do? By design its there to improve the flexing of off center impact. This should give better performance (again by design).

Now with all that said, it does not mean that an insert cannot achieve great or even the same results if the manufacturing is done right. Im a big removal of variables kind of person, so give me tech that makes sense in my head and I like that.

Hope that makes sense.

I think most of the companies that use it, do it similarly. To understand it, here is a a little bit of explanation. Sorry if this sets in boredom...haha.

Generally speaking there are two ways faces are done. One is Edge Welded (insert) and the other is Cup Face. The insert that is Edge Welded is really exactly like it sounds. The face is welded onto the body around the edge. The Cup Face is named that way, because of its shape. Meaning a cup and it could I guess actually hold liquid if you wanted to. It is still welded to the body, but not done on the face.

Now that I have bored you to death, what does it do? By design its there to improve the flexing of off center impact. This should give better performance (again by design).

Now with all that said, it does not mean that an insert cannot achieve great or even the same results if the manufacturing is done right. Im a big removal of variables kind of person, so give me tech that makes sense in my head and I like that.

Hope that makes sense.

I love this stuff - thanks JB. Yeah it seems like from a potential failure or imperfection perspective, I'd much rather move that point further from impact. Especially with some of the places on the face I make contact lol

Back