The Franken Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So I am exchanging messages with a friend of mine and its taken a funny turn. But it made me ask myself, what would you create if you could?

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-18%20at%201.13.19%20PM-XL.png

He pretty much nailed it for me. Rogue distance but F8 looks.

But what's the crown going to look like? M4 Crown? Or Turbulators there's 1mph there.

• Admin
But what's the crown going to look like? M4 Crown? Or Turbulators there's 1mph there.

You get to decide.
You can design anything you want : )

The look of the Cobra Face, Sound of the G400, distance and forgiveness combination of the G400 Max, Look and speed of the Rogue SZ.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The feel of a rogue with a sliding weight. Blue matte crown like a Mizuno along with the speeder shaft, f8 face (seriously, its gorgeous) and hate me if you will, that cannon sound that the Rocketballz had.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The look of the Cobra Face, Sound of the G400, distance and forgiveness combination of the G400 Max, Look and speed of the Rogue SZ.

That would pretty much cover it. :clapp:

I want the most forgiving, most pleasing shape and hottest face possible in my next driver. Include multi material construction, high launch for maximum carry and low spin for good roll out.

Yep, that would check all the boxes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franken Driver

This would be mine as well. But paint it all nardo.

Look/Shape: Nike Vapor Pro
Sound: Nike Vapor Pro
Weighting: Callaway Sub Zero/carbon crown
Tech: Jailbreak
Face: Cobra F8
Adaptor: Callaway Dual Cog

It's basically an Epic in a smaller package, looking at it now.

Sounds like an amazing driver

I would say Epic SZ w/ hot melt and Attas COOOL but with a matte white head

I would say Epic SZ w/ hot melt and Attas COOOL but with a matte white head
Matte white. Hmmm.... intriguing.

Feel/Sound : Rogue
Crown/Shape : Cobra F8+ Crown Nardo with 1 row of turbulators in an offset color down the middle for alignment.... like a mowhawk
Launch : The same launch of the upside down lefthanded driver from Top Golf Friday Night. That was a thing of beauty
Face : Cobra F8+ Milled

JPX900 matte clue crown and black face (but without the white accents on the back of the head)
GBB head shape
Epic Sound and sliding weight adgustability
57* at most lie angle
Callaway dual cog adapter

Everything I'm coming up with just ends up being a driver Cobra already makes....

But if I needed a second driver, I'd have the Epic SZ shape, G400 crown, Tour Edge gets to finish it but they have to use Mizuno blue.

JPX900 matte clue crown and black face (but without the white accents on the back of the head)
GBB head shape
Epic Sound and sliding weight adgustability
57* at most lie angle
Callaway dual cog adapter

Crap I forgot about the Mizuno blue. Good call.

How about an aerodynamic 250cc driver head to increase swing speed (decrease drag) yet has a have that's as forgiving as the best 460cc driver's and great sound & feel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Crap I forgot about the Mizuno blue. Good call.

Agreed. I'd do that all day.

Knowledge is knowing Frankendriver was not the monster. Wisdom is knowing Frankendriver was the monster.

Or something to that effect.

So I am exchanging messages with a friend of mine and its taken a funny turn. But it made me ask myself, what would you create if you could?

Maybe someone beat me to it .....
2-15.jpg

Look of the M4 440, the performance of The Rogue, the sound and of the M1 430, and the workability of the Alpha 816 DBD.

Boom!

Ping turbulators, Cobra King F8 face, Callaway Jailbreak tech, Srixon Z785 carbon crown, Wilson C300 crown paint, Titleist TS3 moveable weight, Callaway Optifit Hosel.
Sound like the F8.
PX HC HZRDUS Black Shaft 6.0 45"

Toss in Arccos as well.

While were at it lets make it blue as well ; )

Back