Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

FYI....ill be hitting up the Valleaire SIM tomorrow for a buddies bday. I'll let everyone know how it is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI....ill be hitting up the Valleaire SIM tomorrow for a buddies bday. I'll let everyone know how it is....

Where is my invite?

How many of the Cleveland guys play the city tournaments, course championships or the single day stroke play events run by the metroparks. Planning on giving some of them a shot and curious about the strength of the fields normally.

How many of the Cleveland guys play the city tournaments, course championships or the single day stroke play events run by the metroparks. Planning on giving some of them a shot and curious about the strength of the fields normally.
I'm interested in doing them at some point but you need a 7.0 handicap to qualify. Need to improve just a bit more for that.

depending on the dates, i may play in the Greater Cleveland Am this year

Cleveland Metroparks Golf Announces 2016 Tournament Schedule

2016 Cleveland Metroparks Golf Tournament Schedule

Sun, May 1 Spring Two Player Scramble Manakiki $150/team
Sun, May 15 Spring Stroke Play Shawnee Hills $50
Sat, May 21 Spring Two Player Scramble/Better Ball Big Met $120/team
Sat, June 4 Spring Two Player Better-Ball Sleepy Hollow $150/team
Sun, June 12 Summer Stroke Play Seneca $50
Sat, June 18 Senior Two Player Scramble Classic Sleepy Hollow $120/team
Wed-Thu, July 13 – 14 Senior Master’s Greater Cleveland Am (60+) Big Met $80
Sat-Sun, July 16 – 17 Manakiki Course Championship Manakiki $120
Sat-Sun, July 16 – 17 Shawnee Hills Course Championship Shawnee Hills $100
Wed-Thu, July 20 – 21 Senior Greater Cleveland Am (50+) Big Met $80
Sat-Sun, July 23 – 24 Sleepy Hollow Course Championship Sleepy Hollow $120
Sat-Sun, July 23 – 24 Big Met Course Championship Big Met $100
Fri-Sun, August 12-14 Greater Cleveland Amateur Championship* Sleepy Hollow $120
Sat, August 27 Fall Stroke Play Shawnee Hills $50
Sat, September 10 Bill Barbour Cup Sleepy Hollow $140/team
Sat, September 24 Fall Two Player Scramble Big Met $120/team
Sat, October 15 Tour Championship Manakiki $60

If you finish in the top 10 or 15 depending on entrants at any of the course championships you get entry to the GCAM finals for free.

I'm interested in doing them at some point but you need a 7.0 handicap to qualify. Need to improve just a bit more for that.
You are not far off at all, put your mind to it and I bet you make it

Are they open to anyone or do you have to be a resident of the Greater Cleveland Area?

Depending on where u play and the conditions...u will need to break par or close to even to win. Qualifying is usually between par and 75. Lots of young guys...college and high school players. Tough fields generally....

Are they open to anyone or do you have to be a resident of the Greater Cleveland Area?

Cleveland Akron areas

I don't believe you need to.

would have to look actually since pinslayer said akron/cleveland.

Wow it's up to $120 for the Cleveland Am. What a joke lol it was $80 just a couple years ago

I'll probably play in the course championship at big met if we're not in myrtle beach that week

eww just saw you were talking about course championships being 100 and 120. Stroke play at shawnee at least stayed at $50

eww just saw you were talking about course championships being 100 and 120. Stroke play at shawnee at least stayed at $50

Those championships are also 36 holes though. So not "that" terrible

And factoring the free entry if you play well makes it no awful. Still up from last year which is disappointing. Still probably the cheapest tournament you can find that has solid players

All metro parks courses daily rates will be up from last year. Read it a few weeks back in the PD

And factoring the free entry if you play well makes it no awful. Still up from last year which is disappointing. Still probably the cheapest tournament you can find that has solid players

You can qualify with two sub 80 rounds. Bubble is usually around 155

It's around 50 degrees in Cincy Friday and Saturday. Are you guys getting out?

I thought about driving south to play again.

Verdict is in, Valleaire golf club simulator is the best in the area.

Yea the scores at Manakiki and sleepy are usually higher. You have to go pretty low to get out of big met. In my experience, Shawnee is the best place to qualify out of, smaller field and not as many good players. Big Met is usually loaded. I've played in it 4 times. Once at Sleepy and 3 times at Big Met. I've only qualified once and it was out of Big Met. I went 69,78. Made it by 2 strokes.

Yea the scores at Manakiki and sleepy are usually higher. You have to go pretty low to get out of big met. In my experience, Shawnee is the best place to qualify out of, smaller field and not as many good players. Big Met is usually loaded. I've played in it 4 times. Once at Sleepy and 3 times at Big Met. I've only qualified once and it was out of Big Met. I went 69,78. Made it by 2 strokes.

That 69 should have been a 66 too

So the Valleaire sim...is not a computer generated image. It's a real image of the hole....Bethpage Black....
c10486f4fd8a8c35358b14985642a1c4.jpg

Back