1 Question For An OEM

Do you test your equipment with your own commercially available golf balls?
IIRC from #StaffProto the answer to this question is "Yes".

For me, I'd ask them: When can I tee it up with you guys again?

Which area of the golf industry is the hardest for you to gain traction in?

Do you have to compromise on technology to achieve a price point that consumers will accept? In other words, do you have superior designs/technology in R&D that you would love to release but the price point would be well beyond what the mass market will support.

A few others have already sort of asked this, but how do you determine what a club is going to look like? Not necessarily the shape, cavity size, etc. because a lot of that is going to be dependent upon the technology in the club (or club design in general). I'm asking specifically about the cosmetic features. For example, Bridgestone turned a lot of people off with the J815 drivers because they looked like "Optimus Prime". Cobra turns some people off with their bright colors. Of course, there are plenty of people that like the J815 and Cobra's bright colors. So how do you figure out what to do with the looks of a club?

And just my opinion, but Wilson Staff's clubs have always looked "boring" to me. I'd be willing to try their gear despite the looks, and put them in the bag if they worked well for me. So this isn't a knock on their equipment, and should be considered constructive criticism. But I may be totally off base and they may have already determined that the look they have caters to their share of the market.

Do you have to compromise on technology to achieve a price point that consumers will accept? In other words, do you have superior designs/technology in R&D that you would love to release but the price point would be well beyond what the mass market will support.

I really really like this question. I have a feeling I know the answer, but would love to hear an OEM speak to this.

How much impact on sales does it have when a staff pro wins for Wilson Staff?

Why did you go away from the matte black on the F5 driver and do you want to send one to Canada.

How do you choose what players to sign for a w/s sponsorship and how important is it to have them play your driver?

How much does "keeping up with Joneses" factor into club releases? Do you feel pressure as a manufacturer to push products/tech to the market to keep up with other OEM releases?

that's an interesting question, and if the answer is yes, I would love to have examples.

If you could take any piece of equipment released by any OEM and make it your own, what would it be?

Question - What could you make your equipment do if you were not bound by USGA limits?

What one limit set by the USGA makes the least amount of sense to an OEM?

Are the shafts availble with your clubs the real deal or made for watered down versions?

Sorry, couldn't resist... :alien:

In what way do you feel your company has engaged with the consumer the best during the past year. In what ways do you see the company doing even more of this and in what ways this year and going forward.

Question - What could you make your equipment do if you were not bound by USGA limits?

Along these lines, what kind of impact have USGA decisions had on your R&D & production lines?

Is there another big material technology coming in the near future? We went through titanium and are working on composites now. Is there a "next great" material coming soon?

What is one segment you're currently not in that you would like to get into? And will we see you in that segment at some point?

What trends do you see on the decline in both the technology and design part of irons and what do you think will be taking the place of those declining trends?

If you could take any piece of equipment released by any OEM and make it your own, what would it be?

That is an intriguing question. I immediately quoted and said the ProV1 and ProV1x, but you take away the Titleist name from that equation, and the ball takes on a whole different experience.

That is an intriguing question. I immediately quoted and said the ProV1 and ProV1x, but you take away the Titleist name from that equation, and the ball takes on a whole different experience.
I can tell you at least one OEM that wouldnt want to own the ProV1

There are some great questions posted. Good luck picking just one.

Really I am the only one to ask for irons? haha

Are you hiring?

Why do you think that OEMs are only to dominate in a certain area of the game and not in all categories?

Back