The Eagle - Elusive or Regular

I would say that I am good for a couple eagles throughout the year. They are not something that I expect to happen and still get pumped when they do! Such a good feeling know that you hit a great drive. Pounded a long iron/hybrid/fairway wood onto the green and gave yourself a chance to make a putt.

I tell you what. A solid 3 wood 2nd shot to get it close gets me more pumped than if I actually hole the eagle... Man, that's a good feeling.

I think it is elusive.
I have two a year for the past three years. Last year were both on par 5, one chip in and one putt. I usually have 6 or 7 chances a year for an eagle, so I imagine my average should continue, until I get better with my #Own125.

I think I had 2 this past year. Both of those were within a week of each other, on 2 different courses.

Still an Eagle virgini. I reach par 5's in 2 regularly and have missed over 100 opportunities. Can't wait to get my first and open the flood gates.

Elusive. I usually manage a couple a season, with as many rounds as I play annually, that definitely qualifies as elusive.

Elusive- if I have more than one a year I've done something great. I usually play par5's as a birdie hole and par is ok. Anything more than par I'm angry

Rare indeed. I've had two, both blind chip in's so I didn't even get to celebrate.

I used to always pull the three wood after good drives on par 5's. Occasionally would I get onto the green for an eagle putt but never made one. Now I don't even carry a 3 wood. A solid 5 wood or 3 hybrid seem to get me in position to stick a wedge close for a birdie putt.

Last year the best eagle opportunities were on Par 4's that I drove the fringe and just missed putts.

Never had one, but had a few opportunities and missed the putt. Not being a big hitter my chances are relatively rare. Need a good combination of hole, conditions (i.e. Downwind), and two good swings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty elusive. I might get 4 a year.

Elusive for me. I maybe get one a year. It used to be more common but I started playing more conservative last year. I think that might go out the window a little this year though.

Never had one in all my years of playing. I've had dozens of eagle putts but have just never made one.

Still looking for the first one.

Elusive for me. Been a while for me. You can hit a great drive and approach but you still have to make the putt and those opportunities don't come often.

My home club has 4 Par 5's in total, 3 reachable Par 5's. The other Par 5 isn't reachable as water splits the hole in 3 sections. In order to reach that one, you have a lengthy forced carry on the tee shot, then another forced carry shot into the green.

None of the Par 5's are easy to hit by any stretch, because the greens are pretty well protected. I've been on the 3 reachable greens to putt for Eagle, but only made Eagle 2 times on them this past year. Hell, I holed out on a Par 4 this year, too. So I made 3 Eagles total all year.

One eagle in my golfing life, kind of sad considering the course I usually play has 2 par 4s that are in range from the tee and the 2 par 5s are both reachable in 2. Oddly the eagle didn't happen on any of those holes, but I miss an eagle putt about every 3 rounds or so.

Never had one in all my years of playing. I've had dozens of eagle putts but have just never made one.

I had 7 eagles before I ever made an eagle putt. My first eagle was a hole-in-one, and I had 6 chip in eagles before I finally holed a putt for eagle. I think I was just always nervous over the putts, but was more relaxed when chipping. I also used to be a better chipper than I was a long putter. As my putting improved, so did my eagle frequency.

I think I had 3 last year. Probably about the same the year before that.

I believe I made one eagle a couple years ago but it's been so long that I can't remember. This past year I had a good chane to make eagle but ended up with a tap in birdie.

Very elusive.

Definitely is a rarity for me. I have made one eagle in the last 3 seasons. In fact, I probably only have a total of 3 somewhat realistic eagle chances over the same time period. I'm generally not the player going for the green in 2, on a par 5, so that's a limiting factor, and I don't think I have ever holed-out on a par 4 approach shot.

Elusive for me, as I've never had one. I've had 2 opportunities to putt for one but missed both.

My new home course has very long par 5's. Shortest is one is 501 yards and a "perfect" t shot needs to carry 250 to get over an elevated dog leg. If you can make that shot then you have a nice 220-230ish shot depending on how far you roll out.

That being said, I can't carry 250 and that being the shortest 5, I've never been on in two on any of the par 5's. At my old home course I can get on in two much easier so while having a few eagle attempts, I've never had an eagle.

at my old course I would get some eagles (short par 5's) at my current course they are elusive, of the 3 pat 5's only one the is reachable in 2 for me and it has a pond in front of the green so I usually lay up

Little in between. I play some courses where I have driver 8 iron even from the back tees but my home course is pretty rough.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Little in between. I play some courses where I have driver 8 iron even from the back tees but my home course is pretty rough.

Umm.. That is an understatement. PS I will be back at some point. Need revenge

Anytime man I have room and board as well!

Back