Project X LZ Tour graphite shafts, is there any info out there. Anyone playing these?

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
The specs seem to show they are pretty stable for their weight, and the 2.4 torque interests me. Is there anyone out there playing these?

Just ordered them with Mizuno JPX919F - hit them in the sim and gave some very good results and good flight patterns. I didn't think I was 6.0 flex going in - wasn't going to take a chance and want a bit more spin, so I asked to softstep once. Not much of a difference, more of a head thing.

I did extensive searching on the shaft and all was good.

Just ordered them with Mizuno JPX919F - hit them in the sim and gave some very good results and good flight patterns. I didn't think I was 6.0 flex going in - wasn't going to take a chance and want a bit more spin, so I asked to softstep once. Not much of a difference, more of a head thing.

I did extensive searching on the shaft and all was good.

Was thinking of going 5.5 as a replacement shaft. Still liking them and and thoughts of these vs. Recoil 780SW or Recoil 95’s

Was thinking of going 5.5 as a replacement shaft. Still liking them and and thoughts of these vs. Recoil 780SW or Recoil 95’s

The 780 SW are impressive - more vibration reduction than Recoil 95. I found the Recoil 95 weight about right -- and very consistent. I think it depends on whether you want steel or graphite - the PX 5.5 were excellent, too. The graphite PX LZ Pro lacks some feel but the performance is there. I might try something with a little more liveliness like the Accra Tour.

I'm interested in trying these shafts with the Apex 19 smoke. Currently playing the PX 95's with my Rocketbladez Tour irons. What might be some of the noticeable differences I would see switching to this graphite shaft?

Back