Tommy Armour irons - 3 types, which is best?

Johneeguy

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all - new to this forum... lots of great information.

I acquired 3 sets of Tommy Armour irons, and from the googlebox, determined that they are:

2002 845s Oversize
2002 845s SilverScot
2002 845 v.31 RO EVO

Just getting back into golf, and wondering if anyone had any advise on which ones to keep/main differences between them to the end user... two sets have steel shafts, the oversized has graphite... didn't feel too much of a difference on my shots rotating thru, but not much consistency overall in my game as of yet...

Noticed the oversized and the EVO both have serial numbers in the heads, while the silverscot do not... is this an indication of a lower/higher quality or box store set?

More curious than anything - realize a more expensive club doesn't translate to a better game, but just looking to see if there is a "heirarchy" of what I have listed in way f quality, or even retail ...

Thanks!
John

I never cared for the EVO ones, they just didn't feel that good when hit for some reason, especially if you didn't hit them pure. The Oversize ones are a little bigger then the Silverscot's so they would offer you a little more forgiveness which should help since you are getting back into the game. The Silverscots are without a doubt a nice club as they are more compact and not as forgiving but would serve you well once you get some consistency to your game.

That said, out of the three my favorite is the Silverscot's.

Thanks for the info - tis what I was after!

Cheers

Back