Nice 1st game..

I hate bowling the first two lanes at my house. Never can find a consistent shot between the two lanes. Ended up throwing I pretty disappointing night that could have been really great. went 188-169-186. I could only figure out one lane at a time so could never get any strings going and my spare shooting is still atrocious.

we did win the first half so all I have to do is find my groove towards the end of the season to make sure we win the league.

Missed my average by 2 pins the first game, but closed the last 2 with 20 over my average in both games.

Made up a 70 pin deficit as a team to split the points for the night.

Are there handicaps in bowling leagues?

Serious question.

Joined up on a team again this year. Im a little late to the party, 4 weeks in, but Im glad i found a spot. Got a new killer ball in play this week and went 207-208-217 with it. My average has been a 183 so thats a nice bump for a first go 'round! Biggest difference is that I'm not leaving as many solid 7's with this ball. Just STRONG in the pocket. The team bowled well too. We were 13 pins shy of a 3600. Good stuff.

I figured there might be.
Yep and every league is slightly different. Mine goes off a 208 average or something. My handicap is like 30 now since my average is around 178.

Had a good night tonight!

Carrying a 177 average on wood lanes and tonight I threw a:

244 (with 7 in a row), 219, 180 = 643

Keeping my streak alive of 660 or higher with a 695last night (204-256-235). Just being focusing on keeping a loose grip and making sure I give the ball enough lift with my fingers to get a good back end break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well thought it was going to be another bad night last night after throwing a 177 first game but after a little insight from a teammate I turned the night around and ended up going 203-244 to get back in the 600s with a 624.

Are there handicaps in bowling leagues?

Serious question.

Yessir. I'm honestly not sure if there is more sandbagging in bowling or golf, but its ridiculous.

Yep and every league is slightly different. Mine goes off a 208 average or something. My handicap is like 30 now since my average is around 178.

Most leagues usually go off the highest average in the league from previous years. Ours is based of 230.

Yessir. I'm honestly not sure if there is more sandbagging in bowling or golf, but its ridiculous.

Most leagues usually go off the highest average in the league from previous years. Ours is based of 230.
Holy cow! We have a pro in our league who won high average last year with like a 249 or something ridiculous. I'd have 70 pins right now!

We go off 208 and have a max hdcp of 80 pins

Ours is 80% of 230

Had a pretty good night last night. 795 series.

268, 278, 249.

Game 1: Had front 8 stoned a freaking 7 pin in 9th frame. Didn't finish.
Game 2: Opened in first frame, threw next 10 and 9 in the fill
Game 3: Started out X, / then next 6, and stoned a 10 in the 9th. Didn't finish

The stoned 10 really bummed me out. Got the first X in the 10th and needed the second and threw it too slow. Oh well.

I came closer to a 300 than I have in years last Thursday. The game was only a 241, but I had a great line and was hitting it almost every ball.

I started out the night with a 202. The second game I started out with the first four balls dead in the pocket, but only had one strike to show. The other three balls I left a 7-10 split and two 10 pins. Of course I missed the 10 pins, my kryptonite. Midway through the 2nd game I made a big adjustment and found a great line. Finished well for a 169 (bleah!)

The last game I hit my line every shot except the 3rd and 7th frames. Both I missed outside a board or so and came up light. Finished the game XX9 (stupid 10 pin!) for the 241. It may not sound like much, but I just felt I was on that game like I hadn't been in years.

Just wanted to share, thanks!

Had a pretty good night last night. 795 series.

268, 278, 249.

Game 1: Had front 8 stoned a freaking 7 pin in 9th frame. Didn't finish.
Game 2: Opened in first frame, threw next 10 and 9 in the fill
Game 3: Started out X, / then next 6, and stoned a 10 in the 9th. Didn't finish

The stoned 10 really bummed me out. Got the first X in the 10th and needed the second and threw it too slow. Oh well.
That's a heck of a series brother! Wow! How many 800's do you have?
I just want another 700!

That's a heck of a series brother! Wow! How many 800's do you have?
I just want another 700!

I have 3. Last night was a chance for a really big series if not for some bad breaks. As a right hander a 7 pin leave doesn't happen often and the 10 pin well... it happens. I only threw really 2 bad shots the whole night, would have been nice to add another one so I was a bit bummed.

What was really cool in our league was a father and son both bowled a 300 in the same game last night.

On our wood (8) lane house, throwing anything over a 240 is seriously good, and anything over a 650 series is big time. lol
I don't know if other have seen this before, or have experience throwing a lot of games on wood lanes. It seems like our wood lanes break down differently ever week and differently from lane to lane.

On our wood (8) lane house, throwing anything over a 240 is seriously good, and anything over a 650 series is big time. lol
I don't know if other have seen this before, or have experience throwing a lot of games on wood lanes. It seems like our wood lanes break down differently ever week and differently from lane to lane.

Honestly that's the beauty of wood and what made the game more difficult. Wood lanes had character and every house was different. Without a difficult oil pattern synthetics now days are just too easy.

Honestly that's the beauty of wood and what made the game more difficult. Wood lanes had character and every house was different. Without a difficult oil pattern synthetics now days are just too easy.
I can remember when I bowled my first 300 in 1991. The entire house (24 lanes) stopped to watch the 10th frame. Now days, it's not that uncommon an occurrence in a lot of leagues. I subbed in a league a few weeks ago and had a 300 bowled against us. The couple of lanes on either side were watching, but that was it.

I can remember when I bowled my first 300 in 1991. The entire house (24 lanes) stopped to watch the 10th frame. Now days, it's not that uncommon an occurrence in a lot of leagues. I subbed in a league a few weeks ago and had a 300 bowled against us. The couple of lanes on either side were watching, but that was it.

There is on average of 2-3 bowled every week in my league. Last night 2 guys a father and son who bowl on the same team both bowled one in the 2nd game.

Honestly its gotten ridiculous and while I still enjoy shooting 300 every once in awhile, I am way more proud of shooting a 800 series. Anyone can get lucky and shoot a 300, shooting 800 requires 3 really good games.

I remember my 1st 300 as well and you could have heard a pin drop in the bowling center. So insane how it has changed.

I needed something to revamp my excitement for bowling this winter haha so I bought a new ball. Wanted something for fresh to compliment my iq fusion so I went with the Roto Grip Menace. Hoping to get it drilled tonight, I love new toys!
e0237df148a65b77281262c4c0225026.jpg

The league I sub in has 5~6 this season & they still got to mid April to finish

Back