Xcaliber Pro TSL TS

Popeye

Reaction score
Handicap
I put one of the new Pro series in play in my Rouge Sub Zero head.
Before trimming in the TS flex it is a 50 gram shaft. I had the previous version of this which was the SWD50 in my Epic and as my gamer in the Rouge. So it was an interesting test. Now the SWD50 did not come in the TS flex just the S so that was tipped 1inch. The TS was installed straight in. What's nice about all Xcaliber shafts is that they are trued at the factory and come with the red and white lines so it's already set at FLO.
In the TS flex the shaft did feel a little different and the first time out I had a two way miss going,, was all me. But what went straight was truly impressive. I have since spent some time with the TSL in play and I have to say good by to the SWD50.
Swing weight with a midsize grip was a D0. D2 with a standard grip,,, New decade Plus4 align grips.
What you get is a very repeatable and responsive shaft. I have a very smooth take back but an aggressive transition. Swing speed is about 108.
It's a boring flight that just gets up and goes. The look of the flight gets a lot of Oooohhh and aaahhhhhs from the group. Feel wise it has some of the best feel from a shaft in quite some time, even though it's like weight it has this wonderful feel through the ball. Stock shaft was an Even Flo Blue and I wasnt always sure where the club head was.
I have had good results swinging easy as well as really stepping on it. Distance wise is as good as I have seen all this year. It routinely was 3 or 4 yards longer than the SWD50 which I hit a lot of back to back shaft changes on course. 3 or 4 might not seem like a lot but the SWD50 was already a long shaft for me.
Next up is some simulator time to see what the numbers are. This time of year I'm all about green grass as much as possible.

At a full retail of $89 it's not his cheapest shaft but it's a hell of a performer. I would put it up against any shaft at any price point.
655206f0333b7b9e024bd05f45edeef0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

From the web site

Finally, a SuperLight for Super Players.
The new Xcaliber Pro TSL Wood Golf Shaft is the only SuperLite shaft in the world that can be used by Tour-Quality players and golfers with slower swings but quicker transitions and tempos. In design for two years, the new Xcaliber Pro TSL Wood Golf Shaft can go head-to-head with any of the much heavier Tour shafts. With a stiffness profile equal to most of the top shafts on the PGA Tour it weighs in at just 52 grams but - it's Ready to Rumble.
Through our extensive research, we discovered that today’s superlight shafts were just not optimized for the high swing speeds and aggressive tempos/transitions of low-handicap players. The lower sections of all superlight shafts are simply too weak to withstand the acceleration forces better players put on these shafts.
Not anymore. We designed the new TSL Wood Golf Shaft with stiffer upper and much stiffer lower sections than any super lightweight shaft on the world. This allowed us to create a more consistent and stable shaft that could withstand the force applied by better players at impact. As the only shaft with this unique stiffness profile at this weight, the new TSL Wood Golf Shaft is truly in a category all its own.
If you’re a skilled, low-handicap player with swing speed 95 - 105+, quick tempo and aggressive transition, you can expect to get medium to medium-high launch angles with much lower spin rates. The result? More distance and superior control

I'll preface this by saying he makes amazing shafts for that price point. I've played MANY.

That being said... the graphics are HORRIBLE.

In person I think the graphics are fine. For me,, once a club is assembled and in the bag.. that's about the last time I look at the graphics.

I had this oncourse today along with the Pro HBL60 TS the same shaft Canadan just tested.
I swapped shafts in the tee box on a dozen holes.
For me the HBL 60 launched noticeably higher and had a right tendency that was more of a slight push than anything else. On very well struck shots it was always in the right side of the fairway but in play and a few yards behind the TSL.
The HBL is also not a smooth as the TSL. Where the TSL has the feeling like you just smoked the drive the HBL had a touch of harshness comparatively.
Wanting to see how the numbers looked I went into a sim. Now take this with a grain of salt because I hate screen less GC2 setups off of rubber tees. I can never get comfortable and results dont match oncourse at all. But it did show me spin numbers that I was pretty certain I already knew. Also the higher flight. In the simulator the HBL was slicing like hell but that is not how it flew oncourse. It was just a right bias not a slice.
The first picture is of the TSL. Pretty solid spin numbers for me and about as good as I can get because of my steep swing. Also I dont know if it's me or I was tired after a full 18 but my swing speed was off quite a bit.
Second is the HBL. Spin was far too high as I figured but oncourse it was just a bit behind the TSL. If it had not been swampy conditions the TSL may have run out a lot more. If I get a chance to go to the sim I usually use I'll try some different settings and see if I can close the gap.

But I'll still be gaming the TSL as it just suits me well.
3f67497450c40bff86e49b79b4fc9330.jpg
a57bfe34d72a7fd046a1e5956beba94c.jpg

Capped off my rapidly ending golf season with this shaft and I really couldnt be happier. Such a solid and steady performer. Consistency has been it's high point.
I also prefer the weight of a midsize grip with this shaft. Using an Align MCC+4 which I believe is 67 grams. It's not a huge midsize grip either. I may grab another shaft and experiment with some counter weighting.
The feel of the release through the ball is just excellent and really builds confidence.
If anyone is looking to reshaft ir build something new dont sleep on the Xcaliber offerings. There is a shaft for everybody,, with a price point,,, for everyone.

I have put a lot of the Xcaliber shafts in play over the years but the combo I have right now is the best yet. During a fitting I bumped up the loft to +2 to show the difference in ball flight. It was like hitting the magic button. I was playing the Rouge at 10.5 D. I now have it at +2 N. It's an anti right club which is an unknown status for me. If I close the face at address it's very easy to work right to left. I actually had to learn to keep the face square as it was staying a bit further left than I wanted.

But swing away and let it eat. Shaft has a great feel and the slightest kick to it. Even jacking up the loft it still has that great boring trajectory. Even though the temps are low 50s at best I have lost almost nothing compared to mid summer long drives. I guess this is about the 7th or 8th round with this shaft and it just keeps getting better. I'm really hating that the season is ending.

I have not gotten this back to the simulator to see what the numbers are but I dont care. No matter what the numbers would say I'm not touching this setup.

This is still in play and I'm doing something I have not done ever. In the simulator I can't ever seem to hit a driver. I can crush my 3 wood and get it to go almost 270 and its accurate. I spray the driver all over the place in the sim but its straight oncourse. Well with this in my Rouge its dead straight inside. Spin is right about 2800 and it's a solid 285-290. Dont ask me why buy I can suddenly hit driver indoors. Playing partner was amazed I actually used it for the whole round and smoked his hiney. He wasnt too amused.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Was playing with the settings on the Rouge today and for the first time set it down the -1 and the D setting. Instant jump in distance and hit a few mythical shots. 17°of launch and 1650 -1750 rpm the longest had a ball speed of 163 and flew 183y and final distance of 302y. First time ever getting those sort of stats for launch and spin. Don't know why I never dropped this driver down to 9.5° but it made quite a difference.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back