Confidential Bridgestone Golf Balls Review Thread

I saw that too and so did a few others but I am not going to assume it is a new model of a current make ball based on that alone. I will be referring to them as simply red and black based on the color of the number on the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be doing the same. I’m looking forward to testing these out. Hopefully I’ll be able to get on the course and test some in the next couple of days. If not, I should be on the course this weekend.

This is exciting! Got my test balls today!

I will be using the attached format and replying in that method. I generally try to shape every full shot so how it moves matter to me.

*this is not because I'm Bubba or fancy but more so because I struggle to line up square so I just dont. I line up to move a ball and control ball flight. Only inside 100 yards do I try to hit straight, most of the time.

Also. I will be having a friend assist me in some drills and using his feedback as well. I had foot surgery recently so I dont want to press it too far. I may include photos of him to show what kind of lies or carries I'm discussing.
aa01f3cf474d2178142605231af80da7.jpg
b1f8a0dae2c1f1513ca404b60f001eb8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have my trial pack in hand which is exciting. Will start gathering some info on them in the next day or two. Pretty excited as I have been a long time Bstone user

I certainly have not forgot about testing these balls. I have been dead on my feet after work so testing would be like a chore instead of being fun like it should be. Lots of rain in the forecast this weekend so it will be a good excuse to hit the simulator.

I certainly have not forgot about testing these balls. I have been dead on my feet after work so testing would be like a chore instead of being fun like it should be. Lots of rain in the forecast this weekend so it will be a good excuse to hit the simulator.

I feel your pain. I got swamped at work this week. I will be out showing properties all day today and most of the day tomorrow as well. I might make it to the putting green tomorrow but if not I will on Tuesday for sure. We have our annual association of realtors charity tournament Tuesday and I am part of our community outreach committee so I will be at the course early. I should have some downtime to spend some time with them in the greens.

I feel your pain. I got swamped at work this week. I will be out showing properties all day today and most of the day tomorrow as well. I might make it to the putting green tomorrow but if not I will on Tuesday for sure. We have our annual association of realtors charity tournament Tuesday and I am part of our community outreach committee so I will be at the course early. I should have some downtime to spend some time with them in the greens.

Same story for me. Hoping to be able to get out today, if not today, I should be able to get out tomorrow.

Finally!!

I got out for 9 this afternoon. I played the “red” ball today for a few holes.

Off the driver I had some ok results and feel was fine, it’s was nothing special, but neither was my swing.

Mid irons were ok, felt a little dense, and heavy off the face, ball fight was as expected.

Around the greens my first impressions were....not great. I couldn’t get any check out of the ball at all, and I’d swear it picked up speed once it released on the green. I’m not an expert but playing this blind I’d say this is in the E6/7 category of balls. I hit a couple shots today that just fell flat for me, distance wasn’t good and feel was just off.

The caveat to all of this is that I was not having a great day on the course so some of this is undoubtedly me. I definitely had some shots that I expected better results than I got though.

20180930_091547.jpg

20180930_100421.jpg

20180930_094817.jpg

I was able to test these pretty extensively this morning. I am going to watch football for a while so this is just a little tease.

30 Yard pitch test

30 Yard pitch test

All shots were hit with a Ben Hogan 60* Equalizer wedge. I setup with the ball back in my stance and hit with a descending blow to create spin.

20180930_091555.jpg

I started with the softer Bridgestone vs Wilson Duo Urethane.

20180930_094713.jpg

A look down range.

20180930_094742.jpg

The Duo Urethane sleeve was my landing target five yards from the hole.

20180930_094817.jpg

The Bridgestone soft and Wilson Duo Urethane were very close in performance. If I had to pick a winner of the two I would say the Wilson checked up slightly better than the Bridgestone. The difference in performance is small, both performed well.

20180930_094952.jpg

I used the white ball sleeve box to show the average of all softer ball shots so I would have a reference point for the other balls.

20180930_100421.jpg

Harder Bridgestone vs Vice Tour vs Callaway Supersoft. The Vice Tour is a three piece surlyn ball. The Supersoft is a two piece surlyn design.

20180930_101214.jpg

This picture shows the average rollout of each ball. The Wilson Duo Urethane with a slight advantage over the softer Bridgestone ball. Look at my current gamer the Callaway Supersoft hold its own!! The Vice Tour past the hole with the harder Bridgestone coming in last place.

20180930_101256.jpg

Not sure why this picture flipped but it shows the order of the balls that stayed in front of the hole.

20180930_101308.jpg

The balls that ended up beyond the hole.

My closing thought are that the softer Bridgestone can hold its own against the best on the market. If it turns out this is a surlyn covered ball then its performance around the green would be outstanding. The harder Bridgestone was outclassed by the other balls in this short pitching spin test. I am pretty sure its strong points will become clear with some driver testing. The Callaway Supersoft is a great inexpensive ball that is overlooked by many golfers.

Really enjoyed that badolds.

I am going to finally get a chance to do some putting with these tomorrow morning and am very excited to share my results.

@badolds - that was a really nice write up. What a smart thing to us pe the sleeves in the pictures to show results and target landing areas. Well done.

That was a great rundown badolds. It's interesting to see the comparison between the two Bridgestone balls and that softer one looks like it has some good stopping power.

Great info.. I like the way you are showing the performance against other balls.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wow....great write up badolds and very creative way of laying out the performance. Wilson's performance was actually surprising. Good stuff!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Confidential Bridgestone Golf Balls Review Thread

I took the "blue" Bridgestone ball out for a few holes yesterday. I was still not hitting fantastic shots, but this ball seemed to perform better to me.

Feel off the driver was solid, but not clunky or hard feeling. Irons when flushed had a great feel. The green performance of this ball seemed significantly better than the other, although I'll be taking that one back out again for more testing. Not seeing a lot of hop and stop type shots, but roll out seemed quite a bit better. I had a shot into a par three that landed and stopped within 3' of the pitch mark, and while that's mostly descent angle it was good to see. Feel on the putter was good, not clicky, not mushy, but a solid feel and good feedback on how hard I'd hit the ball.

SV6EGNi.jpg

Last edited:
I took the "blue" Bridgestone ball out for a few holes yesterday. I was still not hitting fantastic shots, but this ball seemed to perform better to me.

Feel off the driver was solid, but not clunky or hard feeling. Irons when flushed had a great feel. The green performance of this ball seemed significantly better than the other, although I'll be taking that one back out again for more testing. Not seeing a lot of hop and stop type shots, but roll out seemed quite a bit better. I had a shot into a par three that landed and stopped within 3' of the pitch mark, and while that's mostly descent angle it was good to see. Feel on the putter was good, not clicky, not mushy, but a solid feel and good feedback on how hard I'd hit the ball.

SV6EGNi.jpg

I don't know if I could make contact with the ball after winning the final Grandaddy spot. Congrats!!

I don't know if I could make contact with the ball after winning the final Grandaddy spot. Congrats!!

Thanks!

I’ll be attempting to make contact this weekend, hopefully time will allow.

On course thoughts

On course thoughts

I played best ball with my son yesterday and used the harder Bridgestone ball. We have had a lot of rain lately so the course is pretty soggy.

20181001_140454.jpg

This was my approach on the first hole. 168 yards to the pin but my 6i flew 178 in the air, it was not a flyer so these balls are showing some good distance.

20181001_142818.jpg

150 yard par three, I hit my 8i a little fat but it flew 140 and was plugged in the ball mark. I realized right here that the course was too wet for any real spin testing.

20181001_145419.jpg

Up hill par four into a good breeze. I hit my Triton as good as it gets and was excited to see how far it went. The GPS showed 255 yards so it was not that great but the fairway was soggy so not much roll. At this point I realized it was not going to be a good day to review these balls. I quit reviewing at this point and settled in for a GREAT day playing with my son. I have one harder ball and two softer ones left for my further evaluation. I am off to Denver for a non golf vacation starting Wednesday so I will be quiet for a while.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying what you guys have been throwing in here. I should have some numbers ready to post up here in the next day or two, and then have some rounds scheduled this weekend.

I should have a write up on some short game work by tomorrow. Work has been crazy and just have not had time to write up anything yet. It’s coming though!

Hopping on the phone with the head of Bridgestone Golf in about an hour to discuss this product and more.

Hopping on the phone with the head of Bridgestone Golf in about an hour to discuss this product and more.

I’ll be interested in what comes out of this conversation, when you can talk about it.

I’ll be interested in what comes out of this conversation, when you can talk about it.

A lot about this product and their future. I will save it for some other threads, but they have some fun ideas.

A lot about this product and their future. I will save it for some other threads, but they have some fun ideas.

Excited to read/find out more about the convo.

@badolds DUDE - fantastic reviews with some great pics and takes

Keep up the good work everyone

Back