Bryson others have to play from there too

I'd be pretty upset at myself if I was pissing away the Fedex Cup after winning the first 2 events

This is very low on the list of things that I care about. Bryson got mad and slammed a wedge. I am not going to sit and pound the "respect the game" card.

It wasn't a great way to handle himself. But many players react in a similar manner.

Does he need to adjust to slam that into the ground like that or do all his clubs being the same lie help ?

Does he need to adjust to slam that into the ground like that or do all his clubs being the same lie help ?

I think the important question here is how does the varying head weight of his clubs affect the divot he makes when he slams his clubs like that?

Wasn’t he in the last pairing yesterday too? As in, no one was behind him?

Wasn’t he in the last pairing yesterday too? As in, no one was behind him?

There were at least 3 groups behind him yesterday. But none of those teed from in front of the markers.

Tommy Bolt, Weiskoph, Stadler, Tiger etc... are just a few of the legendary players who readily showed emotion when they missed a shot.
I would much rather see a guy reveal that he cares than one who easily accepts bad golf.

I expected something else,, that was nothing in the slightest to care about, and I am not a Bryson fan at all.

This is very low on the list of things that I care about. Bryson got mad and slammed a wedge. I am not going to sit and pound the "respect the game" card.

That's crazy! He hit a wedge on a 213 yard hole? Freakin' ridiculous...

That's crazy! He hit a wedge on a 213 yard hole? Freakin' ridiculous...
Slammed an iron? I don't know. Doesn't change my opinion. Don't really care about it.

I think the important question here is how does the varying head weight of his clubs affect the divot he makes when he slams his clubs like that?

While I'm sure all his clubs don't have the same headweight, given the fact that his irons are SL they should all have the same headweight.

There are a ton of guys that do this on tour, amazing the lengths people go to take down Bryson, honestly makes no sense to me. Sure it's bad to do, but tell that to every person on tour who does this.

he needs to take lessons from Jon Rahm on how to slam clubs

I think people getting all worked up by a bad word and a club slam are the ones that need to grow up. The golf course is not a "safe" space.
I for one like someone that shows a little emotion. Golf is a sport just like any other and emotions are a part of it. One thing I hate is one some one throws an interception and then you see them on the sideline laughing and cutting up about it. The reason they are like that is because it really doesn't effect them they already have a contract. Golf isn't that way, these bad shots are costing a lot of money. If it was anyone of the haters hitting these shots for this kind of money I'm pretty sure they would be visually upset as well. These guys aren't robots they are humans. This is just Bryson hating. Which is stupid, he's smarter than you, better than you and does it in a weird way. Oh yeah he's still a 25 year old kid too, so stop bashing him all the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There are a ton of guys that do this on tour, amazing the lengths people go to take down Bryson, honestly makes no sense to me. Sure it's bad to do, but tell that to every person on tour who does this.
Amen.

I think people getting all worked up by a bad word and a club slam are the ones that need to grow up. The golf course is not a "safe" space.
I for one like someone that shows a little emotion. Golf is a sport just like any other and emotions are a part of it. One thing I hate is one some one throws an interception and then you see them on the sideline laughing and cutting up about it. The reason they are like that is because it really doesn't effect them they already have a contract. Golf isn't that way, these bad shots are costing a lot of money. If it was anyone of the haters hitting these shots for this kind of money I'm pretty sure they would be visually upset as well. These guys aren't robots they are humans. This is just Bryson hating. Which is stupid, he's smarter than you, better than you and does it in a weird way. Oh yeah he's still a 25 year old kid too, so stop bashing him all the time.

I don't get worked up over a bad word or a little emotion but throwing clubs with 1000's watching with many being younger children that these guys are role models for is a little much at their level.

It's not a sport like any other and the fan interaction is totally different than football, basketball, soccer game, etc. The intimacy on the field makes it different and being able to observe everything from 5' away as opposed to hundreds of yards away is different.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No it's the same. Just because the crowd is closer doesn't make it different. I'm not saying that yelling an expletive and slamming a club is right, I would say it is low on my list of cares. Especially given what these guys are playing for. This just smacks of Bryson hate that's all. Athletes are not role models and as a parent we should teach our kids that. Role models are police officers and fire fighters and teachers and people you actually know not someone who you think you know that's on TV. Being good enough at a sport to play it on TV doesn't make someone a role model nor give them the burden of having to be one. Don't like they way Bryson acts? That is fine tell your kids why it's wrong, but you can also talk about how smart and scientific he is as well.
I don't get worked up over a bad word or a little emotion but throwing clubs with 1000's watching with many being younger children that these guys are role models for is a little much at their level.

It's not a sport like any other and the fan interaction is totally different than football, basketball, soccer game, etc. The intimacy on the field makes it different and being able to observe everything from 5' away as opposed to hundreds of yards away is different.

It’s a club slam, so what? This idea that these guys aren’t suppose to show emotion is hogwash to me. We get upset when they give us nothing in and interview but condemn them for getting angry on the course.

I can’t say everyone does it but a large majority of golfers show their emotions while on the course.

... Sounds like you are defending yourself as much as Bryson. I really do not understand those that think acting like a 2 year old shows that you care. Yes, emotions are a big part f sports, and controlling those emotions are paramount to success. Having played QB from 2nd grade thru college I can assure you I was very passionate but kept my emotions in check. The last thing I wanted was my team mates to see me losing control like a Phillip Rivers. And sometimes after a pick, you need to release a little emotion and laughing at what a team mate says to get your mind off a pick is not an "I got mine so I don't care" scenario. Cutler got crucified for that and I played golf with Desmond Clark and he told me Cutler was one of, if not the most competitive player he ever shared the field with. So optics can be deceiving. And that emotional restraint carried over to my golf game. I am also very passionate about my game or I would never have gotten to a + index, but again do not throw childish temper tantrums and have never slammed a club or thrown a club. I have silently reprimanded myself for doing something stupid either physically or mentally and once in a blue moon I have even had a verbal outburst profane outburst of frustration, but very short lived and I moved on to the next shot. So yea, I think Bryson was selfish and infantile, just like Tiger or any Pro that slams or throws their clubs. YOU hit the shot, not the club so if you wanna be immature, smash yourself into the ground. After a few of those I think you will be getting your emotions in check.

... Sounds like you are defending yourself as much as Bryson. I really do not understand those that think acting like a 2 year old shows that you care. Yes, emotions are a big part f sports, and controlling those emotions are paramount to success. Having played QB from 2nd grade thru college I can assure you I was very passionate but kept my emotions in check. The last thing I wanted was my team mates to see me losing control like a Phillip Rivers. And sometimes after a pick, you need to release a little emotion and laughing at what a team mate says to get your mind off a pick is not an "I got mine so I don't care" scenario. Cutler got crucified for that and I played golf with Desmond Clark and he told me Cutler was one of, if not the most competitive player he ever shared the field with. So optics can be deceiving. And that emotional restraint carried over to my golf game. I am also very passionate about my game or I would never have gotten to a + index, but again do not throw childish temper tantrums and have never slammed a club or thrown a club. I have silently reprimanded myself for doing something stupid either physically or mentally and once in a blue moon I have even had a verbal outburst profane outburst of frustration, but very short lived and I moved on to the next shot. So yea, I think Bryson was selfish and infantile, just like Tiger or any Pro that slams or throws their clubs. YOU hit the shot, not the club so if you wanna be immature, smash yourself into the ground. After a few of those I think you will be getting your emotions in check.
So no athlete should show negative emotion ever?

Back