Bryson others have to play from there too

So no athlete should show negative emotion ever?

... If you actually read my post you would see I said childish temper tantrums. I think golf is different than other sports. My son was a 1st team All Conference DE in college and he showed plenty of emotion, usually positive but definitely had an occasional negative outburst. But he is hitting people on every play as well as people hitting him from the OT to getting doubled by a TE and chipped by a RB. The golf ball just sits there and you have all the time in the world to make the right mental and physical choice. An emotional gesture? A little profanity? Some quick self incriminating verbal abuse? Sure I can see all of those, but not slamming a club which is as silly as it is immature. Controlling and harnessing your emotions is an integral part of playing good golf, not so much in other sports, especially those that require emotion to play well.

... It should go without saying, but of course this is just my opinion and yours may be different.

He slammed the club ........ It's not like the threw it into a pond or lake.

In hockey, you slam your stick.
Baseball a bat.

Not talking to the point of breaking something here. I literally can't stand watching or listening to Bryson. However, he did zero wrong here.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

... Sounds like you are defending yourself as much as Bryson. I really do not understand those that think acting like a 2 year old shows that you care. Yes, emotions are a big part f sports, and controlling those emotions are paramount to success. Having played QB from 2nd grade thru college I can assure you I was very passionate but kept my emotions in check. The last thing I wanted was my team mates to see me losing control like a Phillip Rivers. And sometimes after a pick, you need to release a little emotion and laughing at what a team mate says to get your mind off a pick is not an "I got mine so I don't care" scenario. Cutler got crucified for that and I played golf with Desmond Clark and he told me Cutler was one of, if not the most competitive player he ever shared the field with. So optics can be deceiving. And that emotional restraint carried over to my golf game. I am also very passionate about my game or I would never have gotten to a + index, but again do not throw childish temper tantrums and have never slammed a club or thrown a club. I have silently reprimanded myself for doing something stupid either physically or mentally and once in a blue moon I have even had a verbal outburst profane outburst of frustration, but very short lived and I moved on to the next shot. So yea, I think Bryson was selfish and infantile, just like Tiger or any Pro that slams or throws their clubs. YOU hit the shot, not the club so if you wanna be immature, smash yourself into the ground. After a few of those I think you will be getting your emotions in check.
I am defending Bryson. I am not defending myself as I haven't slammed a club in probably 12 years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jay Cutler probably could have used some emotion. He was awful.

Jay Cutler probably could have used some emotion. He was awful.

I think this sums it up.
a715d264a179e02f0b7635d22549af59.jpg

Just my opinion, but slamming a club into the ground like that is disrespectful to the course, and I don't care who it is, whether it is Tiger / Rory / DJ or your regular playing partner on a Sunday morning

Showing emotion is one thing, but slamming clubs into the ground, throwing clubs, snapping clubs is immature at best in my eyes

So what am I supposed to be upset about here? That he hits a wedge about 100 yards longer than I can? Or that he slammed his club after a bad shot?

Where’s the thread about Justin Rose doing the same thing to his 3W when he thought he coughed up 10m yesterday? Must have missed that one...

Only 1 club slam, 1 wedge slam into bag and a half ass 10 yard club throw for me today.

Only 1 club slam, 1 wedge slam into bag and a half ass 10 yard club throw for me today.

Man you'll never be the face of a brand like that! :alien:

Mid 00's, at Byron Nelson, watching Justin Leonard hit a drive into the water. Crowd left, I kept on watching Justin - about 50 yrds down the fairway where I was standing to the side - I see and hear him -- "FU$K!"

At least he waited.

I can't find the thread berating Justin Rose for club slamming - and kicking (the horror) - his 3 wood on Sunday. Anyone have a link?

I can't find the thread berating Justin Rose for club slamming - and kicking (the horror) - his 3 wood on Sunday. Anyone have a link?

I saw Rosie do it on 16 tee and I was more surprised than appalled. He rarely loses his cool so to see that was like whoa... he’s so lost right now.

I saw Rosie do it on 16 tee and I was more surprised than appalled. He rarely loses his cool so to see that was like whoa... he’s so lost right now.

It was definitely out of character, I certainly don't hold anything against him for doing it. I'm sure in his head at the time he thought that drive meant his bonus was going to be a measly $3 million.

I cannot get mad at, or even mildly upset with, a golfer losing his cool/temper/mind. As long as he doesn't blame anyone else (I'm looking at you, Bubba.), I can usually empathize with them.

Back