THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77291

This COULD be you! But WILL it be you? Why you over one of your Teammates?
The True Temper MVP prize is pretty amazing! I can only imagine what the experience would be like.

Why would I win the award? I believe that my play on the course compared to my handicap will be outstanding. I will be the hardest worker and the loudest cheerleader leading up to the event and also during the matches. Finally, living so close to RNK, I plan on taking multiple scouting trips to help my course knowledge and ability to help others during the event. I do believe I will have a great shot at winning the MVP.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Having read the criteria a few times, I believe if I just "do me" I'll stamd a very good chance at being the MVP. I'm not saying the favorite or anything. But I pretty much do all that anyway, but with mofe emphasis on the great sponsor TrueTemper and the actual event.

By being the best possible teammate and competitor to the other 15 players and just embracing the entire opportunity.

MVP would be great but I would first just like to be part of the team. Anything else is gravy!

Well I can't say anything that's already been said by everyone else. But I can guarantee you if chosen I will give every shot my all and be the best teammate I can be. That's all I can guarantee. I can't guarantee I'll post low numbers or shoot lights out. All I can do is try to be the best version of myself, have fun, make new friends and roll in a few putts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would I win MVP? On the course, my steady play with the ability to hit the occasional clutch shot. As a teammate, a positive
team player that would put the team before anything else. On the forum, that is something I'm working on, becoming more engaged and
not limiting myself to just 1 or 2 threads but try and become involved in the site as a whole.

Yes, It could be me. Honestly, I wouldn't do anything special to try and win the MVP award. I am just hoping to make the team, do my best to support the team, try to become a more participatory member of THP, and getting a first hand account of what being part of one of these events is all about. Winning the RR would be icing on the cake. To actually be the MVP isn't something that I could even comprehend at this time so there is doubt that I would win that award which showcases an individual over a team. I am generally an indian and not a chief, but I am definitely a good indian.

4 areas to be involved in that can let one become MVP. Why me? I enjoy interacting with others on THP, reading people's opinion and thoughts various subject, sharing mine as well as updating the community during THP events, interacting with an awesome sponsor who enjoys interacting with their supporters makes the social media aspect fun. I will give my all on the course and leading up to the event.

Certainly see no reason why it couldn't be me. My game has always traveled well, ( always seem to play better on tougher courses ) I am putting in the work, and if I play my game I think I'll be there at the end. Not arrogant enough to say I will win, just confident enough to think I have a realistic chance. I know there are quality players here, much better than me, and it will be a dogfight - why would you want anything else!

How about our team share the MVP award. Going to True Temper with friends would be fantastic?

How about our team share the MVP award. Going to True Temper with friends would be fantastic?
That's not the way it works ;).

Plus your team has to win for ANYONE to go so hoping the Carolina Guys have some questions ready for when one of them is lucky enough to be at True Temper.

Seriously though what an amazing once in a lifetime trip True Temper is providing.

Seriously though what an amazing once in a lifetime trip True Temper is providing.

True story on how this came about.

I went to Memphis and sat down with their team at the Ridgeway center. I said we have something called Regional Rivalry (which was pitched to another large OEM, and they said "It doesnt move the needle" and I literally laughed out loud because I showed them the numbers (over 600 million impressions) and they looked at me in disbelief. So I am talking with True Temper and explaining our vision and they were just nodding with every step.

The MVP part literally hit me while I was sitting there. I said GolferGal and myself will fly 3 people to True Temper and you guys just show them the time of their lives. They loved it. They have added some great ideas to the actual events and have been a wonderful partner. While THP Regional Rivalry is not the grand multiple day events that we have on the schedule, it is taking a single day event, and making it something unique. Putting them on top notch golf courses, making selection criteria be what it is and adding the MVP to it, that stretches the event out to last virtually all year long.

We are so excited about this because we know THPers still wanted single day events, but our goal was to make sure they were very different than a group of guys getting together for golf. Nobody needs THP for that and we love that that will happen all over the place this year. One of the people at True Temper summed it up best, with this sentence "Combining online with reality in a cost effective way that still offers the impossible". I liked that and told her we will steal it.

That's pretty awesome how this went with TT. They have been a great sponsor to this point and have been great with responding and interacting on social media.

the regional rivalry takes the one day event to another level and really is unique. To have the chance to represent a region of THPers in an event along with supporting a great community make sit even more special. Reading the enthusiasm and the back and forth in all three threads is fun. Each region is doing it their own way but all three share in the inclusion aspect which is awesome

Enough to make you pick them up hoping they are still intact.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Scoop up a couple handfuls and I'll feed 'em to Golfinnut. He won't know the difference :alien:

I'd love the opportunity, but no, it won't be me. My focus is making the team and then if by chance on the team my focus will be on handling my business and supporting the captain to get the win. Not MVP material... just a grinder.

New Avatar?

MET-A-9679.jpg

Celebrate rarely. GRIND daily!

I know it has been said before but I am going to say it again I know we are opponents on the course and my trash talk won't stop but it is going to be an honor to share this event with the DMV guys. As we post in this thread I realize just how great all the guys in both regions are. I have shared some great times with the DMV guys played some great golf and some bad golf but every time has been a good time.

The Carolina boys will be ready for battle just as I know you guys will be as well. Let's push the limits and show the rest of THP and everyone this touches just what these regions are about and the quality of golf that is played here (which I am bias but I think it is some of the best in the country)

Reading JB's post above was cool. it may be a one day trip, but I think #THPRegionalRivalryMVP equates to #TrueTemperBestDayEver

Reading JB's post above was cool. it may be a one day trip, but I think #THPRegionalRivalryMVP equates to #TrueTemperBestDayEver

Its pretty ****ing awesome.
I dont know though, #TheHandCraftedExperience is still True Temper

Good to see you active in this thread, g-money. Grind away, good sir.
Celebrate rarely. GRIND daily!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I am more excited for this event than any on the THP calendar next year. Really looking forward to the battle and really hoping I am one of the handful that is selected to rep the DMV!

Back