Toddo

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a 60 degree wedge that I am contemplating bending to 58. How would the bending affect the club?

I have a 60 degree wedge that I am contemplating bending to 58. How would the bending affect the club?
Would decrease the bounce 2 degrees, most won't notice that.

The grind on the Hi Toe has a sort of bevelling on the leading edge. It really helps it slip through the turf, imo. I think the mitigates against the reduced bounce that would result from strengthening the loft.

The grind on the Hi Toe has a sort of bevelling on the leading edge. It really helps it slip through the turf, imo. I think the mitigates against the reduced bounce that would result from strengthening the loft.

Super versatile grind for sure.

I am going to try and see if changing it helps me. If not, going to find a TP EF Groove 58

I agree the 2° less bounce shouldn't affect much unless it's already a fairly low bounce. If you're going from 14 to 12 or 12 to 10, it shouldn't matter. If it's at 6 or less, you might notice it.

It'll also add a little offset (2mm?) to the club. That might be good or bad depending on how you like your clubs to look at address.

Mine has the ATV bounce, not a number. So maybe I need to look for a 58

Back