Help,,, Flatso 2.0

Devster

Reaction score
Handicap
This is the second grip now I've installed. With the first one the weight insert fell out, because of the butt end threads came apart. I got a bunch of rounds in before this became an issue. Now with the new exact same grip the threads broke off while installing the weight insert. I swear it wasn't cross threading or even over torquing it. The thing just fell apart. What am I doin wrong? When installing nothing weird happen. I use mineral spirts on the tape and it just slides right on. What gives?

This is the second grip now I've installed. With the first one the weight insert fell out, because of the butt end threads came apart. I got a bunch of rounds in before this became an issue. Now with the new exact same grip the threads broke off while installing the weight insert. I swear it wasn't cross threading or even over torquing it. The thing just fell apart. What am I doin wrong? When installing nothing weird happen. I use mineral spirts on the tape and it just slides right on. What gives?
Are you installing with the weight already in the grip or are you installing the grip with the back cap off and then when screwing in the weight it strips and breaks?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Installing grip with insert NOT installed. When seating it slipped right on and I really didn't put much pressure on the butt end when it seated. It's funny when I screwed in the insert I was thinking I hope it don't break!

Installing grip with insert NOT installed. When seating it slipped right on and I really didn't put much pressure on the butt end when it seated. It's funny when I screwed in the insert I was thinking I hope it don't break!
I have no idea why it would break the threads then. The only thing I can think of other than a bad batch of plastics is if you're screwing it in too tight like you would with drivers.

When I install them, I screw the top on until I get some resistance. You aren't making a full swing so it doesn't have to be tight as can be. Just enough so it's seated down flush and won't fall out when held upside in the bag.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back