2018-2019 NBA season thread

Down goes Lue. Can’t believe he held this job without his buddy there, but he needed to go.

Not sure how much “coaching” Lue did while LBJ was there.....like the guy and think he held the glue together for all the egos but never liked his coaching style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how much “coaching” Lue did while LBJ was there.....like the guy and think he held the glue together for all the egos but never liked his coaching style

He didnt really have to hold anything together, outside of a certain jockstrap, right?
I mean Irving bolted, Love continued to be a stiff, and legacy boy just kept smiling and telling the world how awesome Hillary is...haha

So apparently the Cavs didn’t think out their interim coach plans very well. Larry Drew, the likely interim hasn’t accepted the role yet lol

Wow this is crazy.

Larry Drew will be the Cavs' fifth head coach in the last seven seasons. In the last 15 years, they've had seven head coaches and five GMs.

One owner.

Also cedi osman is shooting 37%
Probably doesnt need to be playing the most minutes on the team

I'm not watching but wow... Warriors and Klay going nuts. 92-50 at the half.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

lol Cavs cant even agree on who the interim head coach is:

When the Cleveland Cavaliers announced the firing of head coach Tyronn Lue on Sunday, the team’s statement said, “Larry Drew has been named interim head coach.” Except, when Drew faced the media for the first time in what was supposed to be his new role on Monday, he denied accepting the job.

Drew instead described himself as “the voice” of the team or “a substitute teacher” in charge of a roster without a coach, all of which was a message to Cleveland’s front office that he is not interested in the interim title. In essence, if they want Drew to fill Lue’s job, his contract needs to reflect that.

“I’m not the interim coach,” Drew told reporters at Monday’s practice. “I’m the voice right now. I’m sure you guys are aware that there are some talks that are going on. I don’t know if any type of agreement or settlement will be made. I am prepared either way. I’ll continue to do my job, but right now there has not been any type of agreement. …
“We’ve been in contact with the organization about some type of restructuring of my contract. No agreement has been made, no settlement has been made, no decision has been made. As far as I know, yesterday I was getting all these texts about being named interim, and I’m saying that has not happened, but talks went on all day yesterday, they went on this morning, and no type of settlement or agreement has been made, and I don’t know if one will be made to be perfectly honest.”

lol Cavs cant even agree on who the interim head coach is:

When the Cleveland Cavaliers announced the firing of head coach Tyronn Lue on Sunday, the team’s statement said, “Larry Drew has been named interim head coach.” Except, when Drew faced the media for the first time in what was supposed to be his new role on Monday, he denied accepting the job.

Drew instead described himself as “the voice” of the team or “a substitute teacher” in charge of a roster without a coach, all of which was a message to Cleveland’s front office that he is not interested in the interim title. In essence, if they want Drew to fill Lue’s job, his contract needs to reflect that.

“I’m not the interim coach,” Drew told reporters at Monday’s practice. “I’m the voice right now. I’m sure you guys are aware that there are some talks that are going on. I don’t know if any type of agreement or settlement will be made. I am prepared either way. I’ll continue to do my job, but right now there has not been any type of agreement. …
“We’ve been in contact with the organization about some type of restructuring of my contract. No agreement has been made, no settlement has been made, no decision has been made. As far as I know, yesterday I was getting all these texts about being named interim, and I’m saying that has not happened, but talks went on all day yesterday, they went on this morning, and no type of settlement or agreement has been made, and I don’t know if one will be made to be perfectly honest.”

Crazy because I don’t blame him one bit. Give me the contract now. Don’t make me wait

Crazy because I don’t blame him one bit. Give me the contract now. Don’t make me wait

Yup totally agree

Whelp this would be fun!!!
3754158204f420cb31dd9fc5e7b108ad.jpg

Ohhhh hey look The Cavs won

Last edited:
136 points and the win for the Cavs

I haven’t follow basketball for long time. Being from Chicago and I did kind a follow Bulls. I don’t see what is so special about Jimmy Butler.
He played for mediocre teams and he stats are low 20pts/5.5 reb and mediocre defense player with bad attitudes. He doesn’t shoot 3s well. Can’t take over games when it counts. Why is so many teams are talking about him like he’s some kind a superstar? Seems he doesn’t like to be a 2nd choice. He needs ball in his hand to score but he’s not good ball handler either. Don’t get me wrong. He’s good player but he’s not franchise player. Or is he?

I hate what sports is becoming. You don't like your situation so you throw a tantrum and sit out until you get your way. You signed a freaking contract!!! If you don't like your situation then wait until that contract is up and make a change.

Refusal to perform. Sounds like a breach of contract to me. If i were the Timberwolves, I'd stop paying him.

I hate what sports is becoming. You don't like your situation so you throw a tantrum and sit out until you get your way. You signed a freaking contract!!! If you don't like your situation then wait until that contract is up and make a change.

Sadly it seems to mirror life. There’s enough good out there to make it different.

D Rose with the 50 spot last night. I'm surprised that's the first time he hit that mark.

Jimmy who?...

I haven’t follow basketball for long time. Being from Chicago and I did kind a follow Bulls. I don’t see what is so special about Jimmy Butler.
He played for mediocre teams and he stats are low 20pts/5.5 reb and mediocre defense player with bad attitudes. He doesn’t shoot 3s well. Can’t take over games when it counts. Why is so many teams are talking about him like he’s some kind a superstar? Seems he doesn’t like to be a 2nd choice. He needs ball in his hand to score but he’s not good ball handler either. Don’t get me wrong. He’s good player but he’s not franchise player. Or is he?

He's pretty good. Franchise-player good? I don't think anyone would say that - on a title contender he'd be...the third option?

It's sad.

D Rose with the 50 spot last night. I'm surprised that's the first time he hit that mark.

Jimmy who?...

He's pretty good. Franchise-player good? I don't think anyone would say that - on a title contender he'd be...the third option?

It's sad.

Funny how much conversation he has garnered in Portland. People throwing all sorts of (often ridiculous) trade ideas to get him. Those of us with a strong memory of the Jailblazer days, including but not merely the moment Wallace threw the towel in Sabonis face, are wanting no part of his tantrums and childishness. Dude, you are being paid a dream salary for a dream job...don't like it there? Suck it up, play hard, go where you want next year as unrestricted free agent that teams will throw money at. Or continue "sitting to rest" 8 games into the season and be the Minnesota Machado. Great player, helps win, not worth it.

Side note: I love it when fans are all like, "hey, lets trade our 11th and 12th guys for this star, the other team will do it because...." uh, no. Just no. Blazer fans, no trade you can offer is bringing Klay Thompson from the Warriors, there are very few reasonable packages you can offer for Butler that don't denude the team of key resources, the reason Paul George did not land a couple years ago were not because Olshey did not offer Meyers Leonard and Turner as a package...it is because that package is not as good as Paul George. Just sayin'

Funny how much conversation he has garnered in Portland. People throwing all sorts of (often ridiculous) trade ideas to get him. Those of us with a strong memory of the Jailblazer days, including but not merely the moment Wallace threw the towel in Sabonis face, are wanting no part of his tantrums and childishness. Dude, you are being paid a dream salary for a dream job...don't like it there? Suck it up, play hard, go where you want next year as unrestricted free agent that teams will throw money at. Or continue "sitting to rest" 8 games into the season and be the Minnesota Machado. Great player, helps win, not worth it.

Side note: I love it when fans are all like, "hey, lets trade our 11th and 12th guys for this star, the other team will do it because...." uh, no. Just no. Blazer fans, no trade you can offer is bringing Klay Thompson from the Warriors, there are very few reasonable packages you can offer for Butler that don't denude the team of key resources, the reason Paul George did not land a couple years ago were not because Olshey did not offer Meyers Leonard and Turner as a package...it is because that package is not as good as Paul George. Just sayin'

What really sucks is with Butler acting like this it's doing nothing but tanking his trade value. At this point it wouldn't bother me at all if he sat all season and we got nothing in return.

What really sucks is with Butler acting like this it's doing nothing but tanking his trade value. At this point it wouldn't bother me at all if he sat all season and we got nothing in return.

Agreed.

Cavs move to 1-7!

ALso had no clue Houston was 1-5 so far, ouch

Definitely. Really coming across as a team cancer at this point. How would he act in Houston playing along some guys who have no interest in working on the defensive side of the floor?

This is not something I would have expected out of this guy years ago. He was such a quiet, humble, hardworking kid at MU after transferring from a Texas JUCO. Fame and success can change people, I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Definitely. Really coming across as a team cancer at this point. How would he act in Houston playing along some guys who have no interest in working on the defensive side of the floor?

This is not something I would have expected out of this guy years ago. He was such a quiet, humble, hardworking kid at MU after transferring from a Texas JUCO. Fame and success can change people, I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

things did not seem to end well in Chicago. Then again, it may be something about Chicago, as Mirotic managed to get punched in the face there, so....yeah

Back