2018-2019 NBA season thread

This organization is a mess... #FireGarPax
Chicago Bulls fire Fred Hoiberg...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wolves 6-1 in last 7 and 9-3 since Butler trade. Not bad. Beat some good teams too.

Leonard was a beast tonight. Very impressed

Awwww yeah Deli is back in Cleveland!!
Cavs taking on some salary

Milwaukee is sending Dellavedova, John Henson and a first-round and future second-round pick to Cavs for George Hill, league source tells ESPN. https://t.co/L5vWlxdj8M

Awwww yeah Deli is back in Cleveland!!
Cavs taking on some salary

Milwaukee is sending Dellavedova, John Henson and a first-round and future second-round pick to Cavs for George Hill, league source tells ESPN. https://t.co/L5vWlxdj8M

Hahaha heard his one the radio. IMHO the cabs got a HAUL from Milwaukee for George Hill. Glad Delly is back!!!

Sam Dekker also traded to wizards through bucks

Wolves 6-1 in last 7 and 9-3 since Butler trade. Not bad. Beat some good teams too.

Sixers are also 9-3 since the trade and Butler looks like he is much happier on the team.

I would say this is a win-win for both teams.

Sixers now can make a run for the East title and Wolves can play like a team that wants to be in Minnesota.

LeBron with his racist an anti-elderly speech is sickening.

This shot chart from Rockets Celtics sums up the current NBA.

9c49ca5f237260a6d1e3b00c4100cb00.jpg

Would people agree with this article that LeBron moving to the West is the reason the NBA is dramatically down in TV ratings?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.awfulannouncing.com/nba/nba-ratings-down-tnt-espn-lebron.html

Myself, I think the allowance of so-called super teams and the fact that most teams have virtually no chance in winning a title has a lot to do with the ratings.

The NFL understands how important competition is for TV ratings and having a hard salary cap allows every team a chance.

This shot chart from Rockets Celtics sums up the current NBA.

9c49ca5f237260a6d1e3b00c4100cb00.jpg
I watch the Celtics every Celtics game and they do jack the 3s. I am curious to know if the 3 number are up or down for them from last year. The games are changing in front of our eyes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Would people agree with this article that LeBron moving to the West is the reason the NBA is dramatically down in TV ratings?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.awfulannouncing.com/nba/nba-ratings-down-tnt-espn-lebron.html

Myself, I think the allowance of so-called super teams and the fact that most teams have virtually no chance in winning a title has a lot to do with the ratings.

The NFL understands how important competition is for TV ratings and having a hard salary cap allows every team a chance.

I don’t but it’s an easy scape goat.

It is counterintuitive but as explained in the article makes sense - the early games are way down on TNT and those are the eastern games. Other than Philly and Boston is anyone in the East really worth watching, especially when most of their games are against the other bad eastern teams (raptors aside)

It is counterintuitive but as explained in the article makes sense - the early games are way down on TNT and those are the eastern games. Other than Philly and Boston is anyone in the East really worth watching, especially when most of their games are against the other bad eastern teams (raptors aside)

But, they are blaming it all on LeBron moving to the West. Maybe the NBA really needs to focus on how they can make more teams competitive versus just live and die on the big TV market teams being good.

I believe fans want to see good basketball. Is watching all threes and dunks good basketball? Is knowing that only three to four teams really have even a remote chance to win, good basketball? Being a Sixers fan is nice right now. Tanking for 5-6 years before was a joke. Yet, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the Sixers were to lose Simmons and or Embiid to LA or another team when the time comes for them to be free agents. It’s become if I can’t win on the team I am at, then I will go play with my super star friends and build a super team to win league. This philosophy can’t be good for the fans or for TV ratings.

But, they are blaming it all on LeBron moving to the West. Maybe the NBA really needs to focus on how they can make more teams competitive versus just live and die on the big TV market teams being good.

I believe fans want to see good basketball. Is watching all threes and dunks good basketball? Is knowing that only three to four teams really have even a remote chance to win, good basketball? Being a Sixers fan is nice right now. Tanking for 5-6 years before was a joke. Yet, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the Sixers were to lose Simmons and or Embiid to LA or another team when the time comes for them to be free agents. It’s become if I can’t win on the team I am at, then I will go play with my super star friends and build a super team to win league. This philosophy can’t be good for the fans or for TV ratings.
The Warriors appear to have come back to the pack. The Lakers - 2nd largest TV market - are relevant again. Rules were changes to allow even more scoring. With apparently more parity, more scoring and the games biggest star in a large market you'd think the ratings would be up. All I know is I am more than ready for the Warriors run to be over and selfishly, the league is interesting to me again as a Lakers fan.

I generally agree. Does anyone really think Sacramento, Utah, MN or Orlando will ever win a championship? Without drafting a Jordan-esque player?

People here like to point to San Antonio as an example of small market team in NBA winning titles but I really do think they're an outlier for a variety of reasons.

Luka Doncic...

That is all.

I generally agree. Does anyone really think Sacramento, Utah, MN or Orlando will ever win a championship? Without drafting a Jordan-esque player?

People here like to point to San Antonio as an example of small market team in NBA winning titles but I really do think they're an outlier for a variety of reasons.

Orlando was close to winning championships and neither they nor MN are tiny markets.

Minneapolis is a larger NBA market than Miami. If that doesn’t burst the bubble of market size vs winning, nothing will. Miami and San Antonio have plenty of titles. Detroit, has plenty of titles, which is marginally larger than MN in terms of market.

I mean watching the most dominant team in the league for years be outside the top 10 in market size and frankly pretty close to Minneapolis is the perfect example of this.

Bad teams, make bad decisions routinely showing more impact than any media market. The problem the NBA has right now is that there is only a handful of really good teams, and the rest don’t have a chance.

New York Knicks / Brookyn Nets
3-4Los Angeles Lakers / Los Angeles Clippers
5Chicago Bulls
6Toronto Raptors
7Philadelphia 76ers
8Dallas Mavericks
9Washington Wizards
10Houston Rockets
11Boston Celtics
12Atlanta Hawks
13Golden State Warriors
14Phoenix Suns
15Detroit Pistons
16Minnesota Timberwolves
17Miami Heat
18Denver Nuggets
19Orlando Magic
20Cleveland Cavaliers
21Sacramento Kings
22Portland Trailblazers
23Charlotte Hornets
24Indiana Pacers
25Utah Jazz
26San Antonio Spurs
27Milwaukee Bucks
28Oklahoma City Thunder
29Memphis Grizzlies
30New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited:
Orlando was close to winning championships and neither they nor MN are tiny markets.

Minneapolis is a larger NBA market than Miami. If that doesn’t burst the bubble of market size vs winning, nothing will. Miami and San Antonio have plenty of titles. Detroit, has plenty of titles, which is marginally larger than MN in terms of market.

I mean watching the most dominant team in the league for years be outside the top 10 in market size and frankly pretty close to Minneapolis is the perfect example of this.

Bad teams, make bad decisions routinely showing more impact than any media market. The problem the NBA has right now is that there is only a handful of really good teams, and the rest don’t have a chance.

New York Knicks / Brookyn Nets
3-4Los Angeles Lakers / Los Angeles Clippers
5Chicago Bulls
6Toronto Raptors
7Philadelphia 76ers
8Dallas Mavericks
9Washington Wizards
10Houston Rockets
11Boston Celtics
12Atlanta Hawks
13Golden State Warriors
14Phoenix Suns
15Detroit Pistons
16Minnesota Timberwolves
17Miami Heat
18Denver Nuggets
19Orlando Magic
20Cleveland Cavaliers
21Sacramento Kings
22Portland Trailblazers
23Charlotte Hornets
24Indiana Pacers
25Utah Jazz
26San Antonio Spurs
27Milwaukee Bucks
28Oklahoma City Thunder
29Memphis Grizzlies
30New Orleans Pelicans

Orlando drafted that Jordan-esque player I was referring to (Shaq - and Hardaway was no slouch either). That's the only reason they sniffed success.

Would have been interesting to see how Steph Curry would have changed the Wolves franchise (if at all) had he not told ownership to stuff it.

while not a Kings fan per se...watching them last night gives me hope for their future. Hield and Fox can turn into a pretty lethal combination and with the right players around...would be great to see Sacramento not suck for a while.

I’m not sure small market matters anymore, except in their ability to lure top free agents. OKC found a way to do it. But as a Portland resident, the next time they can convince a name free agent to come here will be the first time. It put them at a disadvantage.

I’m not sure small market matters anymore, except in their ability to lure top free agents. OKC found a way to do it. But as a Portland resident, the next time they can convince a name free agent to come here will be the first time. It put them at a disadvantage.

while I agree, to be fair...many of them they have chased have been dodged bullets...Hedo Turkoglu, Carmelo...not sad to miss out on either

LA is 1-5 since the piece of dirt LeBron has went down. Wolves just kicked them around without him. Walton looked lost.

Back