The Powerball and Mega Millions Wanna win it thread

Hmm... I was thinking of just taking the cash option but maybe it would be better to just take the annuity....

I think I would take the lump sum and just start investing. I don't usually buy tickets, but I feel like I should this time around. Cannot win if you don't play.

Bro, if I've got 500 million coming to me over the course of 30 years, I'm not investing in a damn thing. The interest rate alone, on the low end, is something like 450k a year on 15 million. I can just about guarantee after ten years, I'd be living on interest with ease.

Give me warmth, give me a golf course, and give me endless flights for friends to come visit. What else could I possibly ask for.

Edit: I'm probably big time wrong about the interest rate, but I am not sure it matters. Even if I exhausted a couple million a year, it really wouldn't make a different in ten years. At 1% I'm still netting a crap ton without even trying.

Last edited:
Hmm... I was thinking of just taking the cash option but maybe it would be better to just take the annuity....

I'm not sure which I would go with. I'm only 33 now so I should be around for 30 more years. Plus, I would think after a year or two, if you live wisely, you should be set for a good while.

Bro, if I've got 500 million coming to me over the course of 30 years, I'm not investing in a damn thing. The interest rate alone, on the low end, is something like 450k a year on 15 million. I can just about guarantee after ten years, I'd be living on interest with ease.

Give me warmth, give me a golf course, and give me endless flights for friends to come visit. What else could I possibly ask for.

Hole in one?

just bought a couple tickets for saturdays drawing

I'm trying to wrap my head around 15 million a year and it just won't work hahaha!

Life would change so dramatically that I don't think anything I could fathom right now would be sufficient.

I've always heard, and could be WAAAAAY off, that if you take payments you can't leave it to anyone if something happens to you.

I've always heard, and could be WAAAAAY off, that if you take payments you can't leave it to anyone if something happens to you.
I believe your spouse qualifies I could be wrong though

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'd take the cash option and after taxes put 100 mill immediately into some sort of investment service for them to manage and grow, where I wouldn't touch it for another 20 years.
been thinking the same thing. If I win, maybe i can sponsor a THP event! :D
Would the special swag have a blue hue? That'd work.

I'm trying to wrap my head around 15 million a year and it just won't work hahaha!

Life would change so dramatically that I don't think anything I could fathom right now would be sufficient.

Definitely could get a HOF tag with a generous donation to THP HQ

Cash option all the way. You can invest how you see fit and never touch the principle.

$800M is $300M in cash after taxes if you take the lump sum(no state income tax). I'd rather take that and start generating interest on that principle instead of hoping everything goes according to plan for the next 30 years.

I'm not sure which I would go with. I'm only 33 now so I should be around for 30 more years. Plus, I would think after a year or two, if you live wisely, you should be set for a good while.
I'm only 32 so I think the lump sum would be something more interesting. Keep a few mil to make sure I can set me and my family up and invest the rest to live off the interest while the other money grows for the next few decades.

I believe your spouse qualifies I could be wrong though

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Jeeze I would hope so. Maybe it depends on how the ticket is claimed? Can it be claimed by a trust or multiple people ie husband and wife? Or does one person have to put their name in as the 1 winner?

If I disappear without a trace....that's just me getting my affairs in order before I ponder a set of new irons and a driver or two. #dreamingbig

edit to add: Our financial analyst here at work says to form a family trust before you even talk to the lottery people. Then you accept the prize as the trust.

Sure is fun dreaming about winning ...

I have no idea what I would choose to do in terms of payout. but at this amount, and a guaranteed 5% bump on the amount for the annual payouts from it, it might be enough to make me take an annualized 30 payment amount. Not sure if I trust myself enough to be responsible in the market with that much money haha. then if you go off the rails, the most you can blow at one time is one year of 15mm, and then just wait until next year haha.

The $300 million cash after tax would net you about $27 million a year if the market averages what it has for the 50 years. I figure I would only need about $15 million lump sum to generate enough passive income to Meet my families every need.

Unfortunately, the PowerBall does not exist in Nevada. However, it's only a 30 minute drive to state line to get a ticket and another 2 hrs on average of waiting in line. But hey, for $700+ million, why not?

So it's official. I'll be buying my first Powerball tonight. Can't help it -- The stories alone about what we'd do with the money is worth the two dollar entry fee.

Sure is fun dreaming about winning ...
Its literally the only reason I play. 6 bucks (3 tickets, 3 is my lucky number) and you get so much joy thinking about the possibilities

Its literally the only reason I play. 6 bucks (3 tickets, 3 is my lucky number) and you get so much joy thinking about the possibilities

I made one thing very clear. We would be in Ohio only long enough to get the check cashed.

What a riot talking about the 'vacation' we'd be on.

I'd want to be on shark tank. Cuban and I would become bffs and I'd play point guard for the Mavs.

I can dream right.

So it's official. I'll be buying my first Powerball tonight. Can't help it -- The stories alone about what we'd do with the money is worth the two dollar entry fee.

You caved to the peer pressure. :blob: It's fun to dream about what we would do with all that money. I would also be making a sizable donation to a local church (or multiple), just to keep the Big guy on my side so he lets me stick around for a little while to enjoy my winnings.

Back