Spring swing tune up

EaglevsFalcon

Reaction score
Handicap
3.4 GHIN
Hey Freddie, was hoping you could take a look and see if you see things that I can clean up. I think Im starting in a much better place than years past but good second set of eyes always helps. I want to make sure Im swinging well at Club Clash. This swing was a slight over draw but contact was really good. Thanks

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/gurd7dmkfNI[/YOUTUBE]

just to help you out...

What was i missing? Video was working on my end.

What was i missing? Video was working on my end.
Via Tapatalk it shows up well enough as a linked video. But on desktop it was just an unusable link with YouTube takes around it.

Via Tapatalk it shows up well enough as a linked video. But on desktop it was just an unusable link with YouTube takes around it.
What html tag did you use? I just looked at it and Im not sure how you did that. Im tired of screwing these things up lol.

I just typed in

Ok thanks, Joe. Thats easy enough. When I looked at the post edit text, it looked totally different than that so it confused me a bunch
BTW, you're over draw is partly because of your set up. With how you address the ball, you're always going to come from the inside and the toe will be very up, unless your irons are hella flat

BTW, you're over draw is partly because of your set up. With how you address the ball, you're always going to come from the inside and the toe will be very up, unless your irons are hella flat
I typically come from the outside, so that isnt a terrible development. I always figured that the toe up would lead to uneven divot, but that isnt a common occurrence. But i have always suspected that i needed a pretty flat lie angle due to my long, lanky arms

I typically come from the outside, so that isnt a terrible development. I always figured that the toe up would lead to uneven divot, but that isnt a common occurrence. But i have always suspected that i needed a pretty flat lie angle due to my long, lanky arms

Why do you think you come from the outside?

Why do you think you come from the outside?
Mainly because my view of what is straight back at address is different from what is actually straight back. Most of last season, my divots pointed about 15° left of target so Im trying to deliver the club head more from the inside. Especially since i turn the corner pretty hard after impact.

Mainly because my view of what is straight back at address is different from what is actually straight back. Most of last season, my divots pointed about 15° left of target so Im trying to deliver the club head more from the inside. Especially since i turn the corner pretty hard after impact.

I'm not Freddie, so grain of salt included. I think your divot is because you're coming in with the toe so up that the hosel is getting stuck and shutting the face down. I think maybe just standing up taller would help. I dunno, I hope smarter people add to this. I am at the end of my abilities. But I don't think you're in a bad spot. If nothing else, keep that move (it looks awfully on plane) and just get your lie angles fit.

I'm not Freddie, so grain of salt included. I think your divot is because you're coming in with the toe so up that the hosel is getting stuck and shutting the face down. I think maybe just standing up taller would help. I dunno, I hope smarter people add to this. I am at the end of my abilities. But I don't think you're in a bad spot. If nothing else, keep that move (it looks awfully on plane) and just get your lie angles fit.
I appreciate the discussion, buddy.

That very well could be, in regards to the divot, especially since the ball is gone by the time the divot is taken. Ive tried standing more upright in the past, but i seem to get stiif and lose a lot of the drive in my lower half when i do. Getting my angles checked is definitely a reasonable logical option

Check you alignment and keep doing what you are doing. Don;t over think it and just play. Your swing is solid and if you make sure you are aligned correctly, you'll know exactly why a bad shot occurs.

Check you alignment and keep doing what you are doing. Don;t over think it and just play. Your swing is solid and if you make sure you are aligned correctly, you'll know exactly why a bad shot occurs.
Thanks, Freddie. My alignment is a mystery right now. Just need reps. Ill get the rods out once my dang range finally opens. Thanks again!

it's you shoulders, they are off. get them in line with the hips and knees
Thanks, Freddie. My alignment is a mystery right now. Just need reps. Ill get the rods out once my dang range finally opens. Thanks again!

it's you shoulders, they are off. get them in line with the hips and knees
Pointed left, correct? I think I actually adjusted that on the back 9 that day and i went on a run of really good birdie ops. Square shoulders should feel like the left one juts forward a bit, right?

Back