Cupping the wrist, early release and swing speed

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
All,

As I continue to fight with a fade/slice off the tee and trying to turn it into a draw, I recently came to the realization I cup my wrist at the top of my backswing. According to my fitting I had done last year for my JPX-850 irons, I am a caster or early releaser as well.

Now that I am going to start focusing on my wrist angle on my backswing, would this also in turn impact my release position and potentially increase my swing speed? I'm not a super fast swinger as it is so anything technique wise I can do to make myself more solid and add some MPH to my swing would be great. I'm just curious to know and understand if working on this one swing flaw would in turn have a cascade effect on my swing.

Have you considered seeing a pro? Trying to fix your swing on your own is not wise.

i've taken lessons in the past. Considering a few again later this winter or spring to refresh. I'm mainly looking to try and fix something on my own practice time when I go to the range during the winter time now that I've caught myself doing it.

Back