Original Penguin - 2018 Apparel

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
After a long, fun weekend and a day of travel, I was ready for a long nap but thankfully a package was waiting for me that gave me a second wind! Enter a package from the iconic Original Penguin in for review!

818ff3ab433e9562bb50bcfdef08e9fc.jpg

834b1de8c97cb3d91e5246e7e3b395ee.jpg
b00de0a1a81d29cdcd2568f9881a4f35.jpg

Based on a my research, it looks like THP hasn’t had a spotlight on the brand in nearly a decade so I’m curious what people know about the brand and if any THPers wear it on or off the course.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to seeing the info on this review. I've been a fan of Penguin apparel for a long time and have had a couple of their sweaters that I absolutely loved. I would be all over more of their clothes if the price was a little lower.

badass logo

I have some Munsingwear (non golf related) items in my closet. I'm glad to see that they are still around.
Spoiler
yes, I'm old

I agree with @ddec that is a badass logo.

Looking forward to reading your review.

I’ve enjoyed the quality of the few items I’ve tried. Never had any golf stuff though. Does the new line include the big logo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Penguin stuff, I have a number of their polos. I have seen Cam Smith wearing their golf gear on tour, but I haven't seen it anywhere locally. I'd be interested in checking it out. Looking forward to your review!

I’ve enjoyed the quality of the few items I’ve tried. Never had any golf stuff though. Does the new line include the big logo?

No big logos on anything that was sent. One has a unique way of displaying the logo (hard to explain based on a quick look but photos will show what I mean) but pretty modest logo size and placement.

So cool! Had many a Penguin shirt way back in the day.

No big logos on anything that was sent. One has a unique way of displaying the logo (hard to explain based on a quick look but photos will show what I mean) but pretty modest logo size and placement.

That's a relief. Big logos make me think someone is compensating.

Looking forward to seeing all the goodies.

Original Penguin - 2018 Apparel

That's a relief. Big logos make me think someone is compensating.

You know what they say about Big logos...

It doesn’t get much more retro than penguin! I love their polo shirts, although I don’t think I’d wear em on the golf course. To the pub, definitely!!!!

I love the brand. I don't have any of it for the course but I do have a few pieces off it. I have found that a number of their polos to fit a little snug. I love their button ups though. Hard to find their stuff around where I am so I can't wait to see more of what they have coming for the course.

Never heard of the brand. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Original penguin is easily one of my top brands that I like, they’re just expensive. Looking forward to your review

Is this design fun enough for everyone?!

1f16bebf506370c0ad29e251d3030ee1.jpg

It doesn’t get much more retro than penguin! I love their polo shirts, although I don’t think I’d wear em on the golf course. To the pub, definitely!!!!

I thought the same thing, but their new golf line looks pretty stellar.

i know @DavidWinchell is a huge Penguin fan

I thought the same thing, but their new golf line looks pretty stellar.

I was thinking more from a fit perspective. It’s fairly trim. I can get away with it at the pub, swinging a club, not so sure LOL

i know @DavidWinchell is a huge Penguin fan

Huge penguin fan. Golf apparel as well as everyday clothes. Been wearing them for years. They can sometimes be a little pricy, like too pricy. But overall massive fan

The more exposure I get to a bunch of apparel options, the more I’m surprised by the quality of some brands and how similar other brand are to one another. OP is another PEI offering but it has a different feel from other PEI brands. Not sure if that makes sense but I’m liking the stuff so far.

On course testing starts this weekend if any courses are open. This rain has been unreal.

Back